• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you change resolution above 1080p? Mine is stuck at 1920x1080 even on a 4K screen. I guess you can uncap framerate by turning off vsync? Because right now mine seems to be locked at 60.
There is some weirdness. I've heard 4K resolution might appear in settings once you're in-game rather than menu. You might have to cycle through borderless/fullscreen/windowed for it to show up.

My game seems to be capped at 60hz in Fullscreen mode no matter what Vsync setting is used. When I switch to Borderless (Vsync off), there seems to be a 120fps cap. When I use Borderless with Vsync on, my full 180hz refresh is used.

So for me the optimal settings are Borderless with in-game Vsync turned on. I'm actually on 1080p resolution with 200% scaling rather than 3840x2160 since my monitor is 1080p. 140-160 fps, so I capped at 140 in RTSS.

I generally dislike Borderless modes and in-game Vsync, but eh, it's a turn-based JRPG. I'm not going to notice any input lag -- or care, even if I did.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
That a meme or is my mind already too far gone lol?
72dC0Zp.png

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'm buying this then.

Here's hoping its the first of many Atlus games coming over.

dsk1210

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh UK
Playing this at 1440p with 200% scaling at 120fps on Oled and it looks and feels brilliant.

I was really worried they would lock the resolution 180p and cap it at 30fps but thankfully that's not the case. It just looks so much smother and solid at high framerates.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Just started up the game, thought I'd do the same on my vita to compare. It's crazy how sharp the game looks on PC, I'm so used to the Vita version.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Never played the Vita version, was this in the original version? These types of accessibility difficulty customization settings are great and they remind me of the ones in the upcoming Last of Us Part II.
Screenshot_162.png

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Second order of business for modders after motion blur removal: Resizing the UI.

I have bad eyes but not that bad.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
I haven't played a jRPG in 20 years - last one was Chrono Trigger. I've only played cRPGs since.

Should I go in blind on this or should I wait?
The game is driven by the characters, their bonds, great music and story but it has some anime tropes that gets anoying sometimes. Even some non jrpgs fans loved it. The game is very "japanese" and long 70 hours or so, but only 20$. It probably depends on how much you like anime in the end.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Wow, I am playing P4G right now and have a Let's play from the vita version on the second monitor. The difference is immense! The PC version is crystal clear, didn't remember the vita version looking so bad in comparison. Especially while in motion, the blur on the vita version makes it a washed out mess and I barely see the motion blur in the PC version.

(checked 2 other lets plays of the vita version to exclude a bad capture from the lets player I am watching)

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The way they handled Kanji

where its implied he's more insecure about masculinity than he is actually gay was kind of a missed oportunity

Like, they want to brush up against the idea of dealing with teen issues of identity like that but they pull back at the last minute as if to so "No homo! Don't worry!".

I think Kanji has a good arc and I don't think they necessarily pull back at the last minute as the shadow representations are never supposed to be their 100% true desires like rise doesn't actually want to be a stripper, Naoto doesn't actually want to transition to being a guy, chie didn't actually want Yukiko wrapped around her finger, etc.

Granted part of it does suck to even hint at that kind of thing and have zero representation at all especially when yosuke is a huge asshole to kanji about it.

Weird playing this when everything is so clear. The soulless models kind unnerve me now that they're in much higher fidelity lol. Portraits are ace tho.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
So this line is something added in the Golden port on vita ? it wasn't in the original PS2 ?
Pretty sure it was not in the PS2 version
Never played the Vita version, was this in the original version? These types of accessibility difficulty customization settings are great and they remind me of the ones in the upcoming Last of Us Part II.
Screenshot_162.png
Those were in the Vita version, can't remember if it was a NG+ option or not though originally

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it really 100 hours, can it be done in 20 hours in a straight forward manner?

No. A Golden Speedrun is almost 11 hours. It's absolutely worth the 80-100 hours (took me 73 hours but I am a quick reader and still took my time). Only game that made me feel like I left friends at the end of the game and still thought about it for weeks.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
It looks so good at 60, omg.

Also, unpopular opinion: Marie's design is cute. Like it's in yer face and silly, but "not sublte" =/= "inherently bad".
This is purely visuals, no idea about her personality or role in the story.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really 100 hours, can it be done in 20 hours in a straight forward manner?

its a long game. Even fast forwarding all text will take you several dozen hours. But the joy are in the stories and characters. If you like Breakfast Club / Scooby Gang and not allergic to the anime make over, you are in for the best JRPG of the past 15 years

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I forgot that Dojima is voiced by Unshou Ishizuka ;_;
This feels so nice in 60 fps. A warm, pleasant blanket.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Adding the P3 OPs to this:

P3 FES->P4 Original -> P5 Original ->P3 Original-> P5 R -> P3P->P4 Golden

Fuck it, im adding P1 and P2 (I really dont like the original openings and there so different in tone its hard to compare)

1. P4 Original
  2. P3 Original
  3. P5 Original
  4. P5 Royal
  5. P2 Eternal Punishment PSP
  6. P3 FES (Rapping flow just ruins it tbh, I really wish the rapping was more technical as a hip hop lover)
  7. P4 Golden
  8. P1 PSP (Great song, but really does not fit P1's original tone)
  9. P2 Innocent Sin (Incredible visually, rapping again lyrical is just not there)
  10. P3 Portable (So unmemorable)

Screenshot_162.png

Think it was only in golden, or something similar was.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I am just randomly browsing ERA and .... WHAT THA FUCK???? Persona 4 on Steam and live. Holy shit.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that I really liked about p4 that was absent in p5 was the use of stats for more than social links. In p4, there are dialogue options locked by stat, and you can up stats and what not by choosing certain options, and it's great.

Maybe they didn't want players to be "forced" into choosing particular options in 5? Dunno, but I missed it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I heard that the game crashes consistently once you get to the dream sequence. Is that true?

eggs

Oct 25, 2017
Man 'Yu Narukami'....what happened to the good ol' days when the P4 protag was 'Souji Seta' (lol i kid but it was an adjustment!)

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that I really liked about p4 that was absent in p5 was the use of stats for more than social links. In p4, there are dialogue options locked by stat, and you can up stats and what not by choosing certain options, and it's great.

Maybe they didn't want players to be "forced" into choosing particular options in 5? Dunno, but I missed it.

there are a handful of dialogue options in p5 locked by stats, but not many. one being
you can't tell off shido's henchmen at the hotel elevator unless your guts stat is high enough.

don't think p5 has any cases of getting points for choosing certain dialogue though.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I could ever go back to the old style dungeons. But that music is something still in my brain a decade later.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
there are a handful of dialogue options in p5 locked by stats, but not many. one being
you can't tell off shido's henchmen at the hotel elevator unless your guts stat is high enough.

don't think p5 has any cases of getting points for choosing certain dialogue though.

Riiiiight I do remember that now. Weird to have scaled it down seemingly then. I remember a decent few in four.

I heard that the game crashes consistently once you get to the dream sequence. Is that true?

Didn't happen for me at least. Been fine since I got my audio issue taken care of.