• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn what a nice thing to wake up to. Been dying to play this but I could never justify a Vita for the handful of games I was actually interested in. Can't wait to dig in.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I was so excited but now I'm f*cking pissed. Some idiot decided to spoil something major and now I'm not sure to buy it anymore...F*CK.
Not really a spoiler but I think it would make you feel better to know this:

If it helps, the identity and confrontation of the killer isn't the ending, especially in this version.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Can someone please tag me when there's a mod to replace the P4G opening with this?

[and also when Denuvo is removed and the stuttering/crashes are resolved]

aRMFMim.gif

my JAM

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Uuuuuuuughhh

I just started P4G on Vita and I've already invested 40+ hours into it and now this happens. Thinking I should double dip and start again!

Unless you're planning on selling the vita, stick with it! Otherwise yeah it's a nice port so far in the 90 mins so far.

Game runs absolutely 100% smooth in 4K using Steam Link on Nvidia shield pro

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I did like Persona 5 (normal) that much so I'm hoping this is better.

Paid for and downloading as we speak

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
For me, the journey in this game was bigger than the ending. Definitely recommend you try it.

Thats also true, while you can spoil the "twist" i dont think you can spoil the experience of going through the game and interacting with the cast, not without a 300 pages pdf at least. And the most emotional moment for me isnt even that but something that happens to another character so...

What are the spoiler rules for this OT?

Its an old game but anyone new trying it for the first time (and its a whole new public specially for golden stuff) should have that respected for at least a bit in my view.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
This is my first time seeing the Golden intro and yep, its garbage compared to the original.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That hidden achievement isn't for completing the game on a specific difficulty, is it?

itsaziz

Nov 8, 2017
Hope Digital Foundry does a video comparing the OG P4 PS2 release, Golden on Vita and this version.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Damn. You guys shit talk about Yosuke, like I talk about Yukari.
If there is anyone to shit talk in Persona 3 it's Junpei, not that the script doesn't make Yukari annoying at times through reliance on some tropes. (Going off memory.)
It's a general rule that the updated rerelease that's inarguably better than the original will have an objectively worse OP, just to even things out.
Royal breaks that rule.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I've bought P4G I'm very much contemplating buying P3 FES (PS2) on PS3. I think I'm more attracted toward the P3 MC and the dark tone.

Anyway, P4G installed on my SSD!

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If there is anyone to shit talk in Persona 3 it's Junpei, not that the script doesn't make Yukari annoying at times through reliance on some tropes. (Going off memory.)
The problem with P3 and P4 is they have the perfect template for a best friend archetype character in Junpei and Yosuke but they're more distant and at times jerks than that.

They should be the characters that feel like they got your back no matter what. Instead Yosuke is kind of a neurotic idiot and Junpei takes out his inferiority complex on you.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Going to hold off on replaying it until I finish p5 Royal.

Also want to hold off until cheats get put in so I can put my stats up to 5+ for all social stats so it feels like im just doing a new game plus palythrough from my vita save.

Fuck having to study and miss social links again haha

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
so what do you guys suggest.

1. Go into this game without guides or suggestions what to do
2. play with a full guide
3. Only look at some tips for an easier start

Any big disadvantages with not looking at anything?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so what do you guys suggest.

1. Go into this game without guides or suggestions what to do
2. play with a full guide
3. Only look at some tips for an easier start

Any big disadvantages with not looking at anything?
Huge disadvantage by not having maxed social links.

I wouldn't use an actual gameplay guide, but I always play Persona games with a SL guide.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I respectfully disagree. The visuals of "Wake Up Get Up Get Out There" are among my favorite in any Persona OP. Not to mention the song is a bop. I don't feel Royal competes at all, though it's a far better opening than "Shadow World".
Colors is far, far better than wake up get up get out there tho.
Visuals wise, I agree