• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Amazing if true, really want to play these but didn't have any way of doing so

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
How moddable is this engine?
Don't know but it has native Windows support and it was in use for so long, so I'd assume mods are possible. It's owned by EA but the documentation is probably out there for the different versions of the engine. Max Payne 2 used it and there mods for that, as well as others I presume.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 3 Portable ... additions are nice and all, but that's still the worst edition of Persona 3. Hard pass in this case.

If there's any goodwill in Sega Europe (because this ain't Atlus doing it) they make this a bigger rework and add the Portable stuff into a FES base for a definitive edition.

Might be in for Persona 4 though, assuming my potato notebook is able to run it decently.

Sep 14, 2018
There's been a LOT of interest in the P5R OT for P4G but everyone is disappointed to hear it's only on Vita so I'm really glad everyone who is interested will be able to experience Golden too, Persona binges are a lot of fun especially for first timers.

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
Really, Denuvo? On these old games?

How to ruin a purchase that would have been automatic for me. I'd have bought both even if they ended up as rather lackluster ports. But Denuvo, really?

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
Do we have any other evidence other than Sabi tweeting about P3 that we're getting that too?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know but it has native Windows support and it was in use for so long, so I'd assume mods are possible. It's owned by EA but the documentation is probably out there for the different versions of the engine. Max Payne 2 used it and there mods for that, as well as others I presume.
Man, I had no idea these games used Renderware, it was EVERYWHERE during the PS2 era, even the GTA games used it.

IIRC Max Payne 2 uses Remedy's MAX-FX engine, not Renderware.
On PS2 and Xbox it uses Renderware.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Everything will come to PC eventually one way or the other :)

I hope it's a remastered FES Version of Persona 3. A version where you can control all party members like in P3P. I might actually replay that because I never played the FES version.

The Persona I want the most is still a slightly modernized version of both Persona 2 games.

twisteh

Oct 26, 2017
It's great especially Persona 4 Golden is coming; it deserves a much bigger audience than just being stuck on Vita! I bought a PlayStation TV years ago just to play P4G, it was my first game in the franchise and I absolutely loved it.

Any rumours at all of a PS4 port as well? I'd love to play it again in HD, please make it so.

edit: I just saw at the bottom of the page we're not meant to discuss PS4, sorry.

Last edited:

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Noice, I was thinking of just settling and playing the PS2 version of 4 cus I got no vita, but this is good news

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
As it sounds like a Sega Europe port I expect there to be no extra feautures or changes but hopefully this will light a fire under Atlus to actually make a definitive version of P3 with all the benefits of FES and Portable.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
Would honestly prefer the original P4. Don't really like any of the changes or additions in Golden. Messes with the pacing and ruins the game balance even more.
Will still buy if it has Japanese voices.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Regardless of if they release Persona 3 or not I'm really glad they are putting Persona 4 Golden on a system other than the Vita. I have a Vita but a game like that really needs to be preserved on a system which is effectively dead.

I refuse to play video games on a tiny ass screen in 2020.

Again still need to stress that Persona 3 is yet to be confirmed by a second source. Try not to get your hopes up for that one yet.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
If P3 is coming as well, I hope they'll make it the definitive version to play. Get the best from FES and the PSP version.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
If I dropped out from P5 because of long dungeons, is there a chance I'll enjoy P4...?

The dungeons are worse than in 5 but they are quite a bit shorter. You level up a lot quicker as well

The way Persona 3 is structured means you can go in and out of the dungeon as often as you want so you can do it in shorter bursts

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I hope they add some QoL stuff, like fast-forwarding, autosave, and so on. Some parts of the game (the vanilla one) can be a slog.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
whoa i had no idea that the dungeons were randomly generated, which i guess really speaks to how samey they are

It's the same as in Persona 3 just that you have more dungeons instead of one really big one.

I hope they add some QoL stuff, like fast-forwarding, autosave, and so on. Some parts of the game (the vanilla one) can be a slog.

Already exists though (fastforwarding)? Just hold triangle in P3 and 4

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Finally ATLUS has decided not to leave money on the table any longer, it seems. These are great news. The PC is so big for Japanese games these days.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 3 is one of my favourite games of all time, glad more people will get to play it. I prefer FES though, the VN visuals of portable do hurt it a bit when you're playing it for the story. FEMC is great though.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
It's the same as in Persona 3 just that you have more dungeons instead of one really big one.
Wait, really?
Man, this totally killed my interest. I was told the game has normal designed dungeon, just worse than P5 (which I enjoyed, all in all). I had no idea that they were randomly generated: the Tartarus was a pain in the ass and a deal breaker for P3 imho.

Sep 14, 2018
If I dropped out from P5 because of long dungeons, is there a chance I'll enjoy P4...?
Well they are long but shorter than the ones in 5 and much easier to get through, you just look for the stairs in every floor and that's it. They're nothing like the ones in 5 really but this is a series with dungeon crawling and long dungeons so if you don't like that it's probably not for you? There is the option of playing on easy to make stuff go faster but I think that kind of defeats the purpose of several gameplay systems that become unnecessary.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I guess they did not port Persona 5 Vanilla/Royal because first they want to test the reception of the Persona series in PC. If they sell well, they will come sooner or later.

Ninja Kn1ght

Oct 25, 2017
So hyped to get P4G on Steam, it's a classic and deserves to be widely available.

Excited for P3 as well, I'd love to see a definitive version with the best of portable and Fes.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, really?
Man, this totally killed my interest. I was told the game has normal designed dungeon, just worse than P5 (which I enjoyed, all in all). I had no idea that they were randomly generated: the Tartarus was a pain in the ass and a deal breaker for P3 imho.

Afair only the boss floors are not random.

Edit: And some rare puzzle floors. Dungeons look like ass to be honest and are only a little step up from P3, but you can get through most of them in 2-4 hours.