• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
You sure about that? So, even dungeons are better?

Y'all people will hype up newbies into massive disappointment just watch. Watch them quit when they realize they hae to mash x for 3 mintues per vending machine to buy out all available soda.

Do not underestimate how much QOL improvements matter, especially in such long games with lots of repetition. Just about anything you can do in p5 to make your daily routines go smoother has 2-3 extra obnoxious steps in p4. If not more. And I love p4 to bits. But, after p5, it's going to be a hard pill to swallow.
P3 has the best storyline.

P4 has the best pacing.

P5 has the best gameplay.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I can live with Denuvo.

I mean how hard is it to run the game - cant imagine it affecting performance much.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Persona-3-Mitsuru-Marin-Karin-696x391.jpg
I never related to this meme and it feels bad.
In all honesty the vending machines in P4G are a waste of time, SP is virtually a non-issue the entire game thanks to how easily abused Shuffle Time is.

To be fair SP isn't an issue in P5 either. SP Adhesive 3 Ring from Tae was OP.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is P4G better than P5? Only ever played 5

P4G is awesome, but lol no. I say that having played through both p4 and p5 multiple times. Everything regarding minute to minute Gameplay is significantly better in p5. Dungeons are better, social links have real benefits besides fusion. Side social links are pretty objectively better than p4's. Combat is far better in p5 etc.

Cast is debatable, and both have their strengths and weaknesses. I'd personally choose p5 tho. I also prefer p5's overall theme and story more than p4 where p4's theme is a bit more generic imo? Not bad though by any means

I can sort of see why some prefer 4 over 5 (I straight up don't understand putting 3 over either, but different strokes) , but it wasn't for me, and anyone who says 4 is better in every way is gonna get some sideye from me, because at least Gameplay wise, p5 is pretty objectively better in like every way.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
My big question is how much, if any, visual work are they getting, and which version of P3. Ideally I'd want them to finally do the task of merging Portable and FES, but that's probably not happening.

That's crazy they put P3 and P4G on PC before PS4.

Unless it's also gonna be on PS4?

I could see it being a PC + PS4, or all consoles even, and the PC show just getting the announcement, and maybe the earliest release of the bunch.

Hell yes. Wonder if that means P5R would be a possibility?

I have to think Sony still has some sort of contractual lock on P5, or else a Switch port seemed way too obvious back when they were announcing Royal around the same time Joker in Smash happened. We may have to wait a while for that to expire before that can come to PC and other consoles. But if it eventually does, and Persona goes multiplat in general, that'd honestly be great. It's a huge thing now, that should be out there, instead of always made for a single platform, and usually one a full generation behind the times.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if this means Atlus' PS2, DS, PSP and 3DS catalogues are available for Sega Europe to port to PC. Etrian Odyssey would do well on PC, Nocturne is a stone cold classic, and I want to see both halves of the Persona 2 duology's PSP remakes get localised into English.

Oct 26, 2017
Mind-boggling that this isn't coming out on Switch. The audience is so much larger than PC for these games. But I guess sometimes business decisions don't make sense.
Not even on PS4 either, which is even more baffling. Still, at least this is some way to play the game on an active platform and, thankfully, these games are old enough that even those of us with laptops can likely play them

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Dungeons are probably subjective as well but I'm weird and I preferred P4 > P5 dungeons. Wasn't a fan of the puzzles, it wasn't a matter of difficulty, I just felt it was needless busy work.

Which QoL improvements are you referring to? I do like how P5 showed you which Confidants were available from the map.

Just about any interraction with anything. Everything is more clear and easier to do in p5, when it comes to navigating daily social stuff. Game always warns you if something will take up a day in p5 in p4 I had an entire day eaten up by checking on a capsule machine without any real warning. map navigation is much better and lets you warp to a lot more locations much faster. Aforementioned vending machines, which are a way bigger deal than it may sound, as they are crucial for SP management, being most abundant sp items. The confidants on the map thing you mentioned.
Fusion stuff, although I believe golden alleviated some of it, compared to vanilla.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
As similar as they are, I think all the new Persona games have at least one wildly different thing that sets them apart from the others (tone, character dynamics, gameplay) and I find that opinions on these games are totally different from person to person. So yeah, no guarantees you will love the other two if you only played P5. The gameplay in all the other previous games is very outdated, for starters.

But P3 and P4 are so good, they are at least worth a try just for the experience.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just beat P5R (my first persona ever) and started NG+ but you know what I'll drop it and jump into P4G.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Just about any interraction with anything. Everything is more clear and easier to do in p5, when it comes to navigating daily social stuff. Game always warns you if something will take up a day in p5 in p4 I had an entire day eaten up by checking on a capsule machine without any real warning. map navigation is much better and lets you warp to a lot more locations much faster. Aforementioned vending machines, which are a way bigger deal than it may sound, as they are crucial for SP management, being most abundant sp items. The confidants on the map thing you mentioned.
Fusion stuff, although I believe golden alleviated some of it, compared to vanilla.

Oh god I only played vanilla P4 once, was that when you still couldn't choose which skills to carry over? That was a nightmare.

But map navigation was the same no? Fast travel was added in P4.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nocturne will get his chance, one day.
it's nice to dream
The only reason I would have to buy those games again, is if it's coming with new localizations ala P5R.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
8d2c0800761a336e5ccff900fcdb0e840c346c91.ico

Hosted on steams servers, if it hadn't been cemented that it's coming.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
LET'S GOOOO

On an unrelated note, anyone wanna buy my PSTV that I purchased not even a month ago?

PixelsByNight

Apr 22, 2019
USA
Persona 5 Royal's my first ever Persona game, and I'm almost done streaming it. If I can finish it before this weekend, and get P4G as it shadowdrops, this will be PERFECT!!

Finally, Atlus!!

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice, will wait for the PS4 release :D

P4G was amazing, atmosphere was top notch.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, fucking called it today.
Wonder if this is coming to Switch, Xbone and PS4 too.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only reason I'm willing to believe this is due to the PC Gaming Show having Atlus as a guest and a steam page for Atlus recently being made.

Having P4G off of the Vita would be great. P3 is my favorite in the franchise, but it's aged pretty poorly. It's would still be nice to have though.

P3 has the best storyline.

P4 has the best pacing.

P5 has the best gameplay.
I can agree with this.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Mind-boggling that this isn't coming out on Switch. The audience is so much larger than PC for these games. But I guess sometimes business decisions don't make sense.

We can't say that for sure, look at all the Japanese games that are selling on PC now, you are making it sound like they would be losing money for selling it on Steam lol.

Besides, it's not unprecedented for SEGA to re-release on PC first and then consoles later, it worked for Bayo and Vanquish.