• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You would think that leak would be disproven long ago due to the fact that not only Dragon Quest has to deal with stingy Square but an asshole composer.

And as for brave, considering "brave" means pressing on whether or not you're afraid, "brave" can describe almost any video game protagonist.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You would think that leak would be disproven long ago due to the fact that not only Dragon Quest has to deal with stingy Square but an asshole composer.

And as for brave, considering "brave" means pressing on whether or not you're afraid, "brave" can describe almost any video game protagonist.
Even without that rumor, Dragon Quest fits the "Brave" moniker the most since the protagonists are literally called that in Japanese. Plus both Nintendo & Sakurai would stand to benefit from the franchise's inclusion (Nintendo gets to promote DQ11S, Sakurai gets a classic RPG franchise). And if we're talking assholes, the director for Persona 5 (Hashino) is a homophobic asshole, which didn't stop Joker from getting in.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only notable thing it got right is Mementos. That's not luck at all. That's playing Persona 5 for like five hours.

Why do people keep clinging to that dumb leak anyway?

I mean it also said Granblue before other rumors came about and then not too long after Granblue was announced.

But again I don't think Granblue fighting was a well gaurded secret anyway

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in what Aria of the Soul does to the Mementos stage considering it's not strictly a P3/P4/P5 song

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
why is this making me laugh

hQqtzSg.png

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
Joker looks a bit odd, not-cel-shaded.

Still, it looks very good. I like that the Final Smash is the All-Out Attack, and that they kept the P5 Victory screen. Good stuff.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Since it is 15 minutes, it is basiclaly a shdow-dropped Mini Direct.
Joker looks extremely cool! Anyway, at this point the datamining about the "pony tail" was referring to other things, who knows what however...

Plum

May 31, 2018
Joker looks a bit odd, not-cel-shaded.

Still, it looks very good. I like that the Final Smash is the All-Out Attack, and that they kept the P5 Victory screen. Good stuff.

AFAIK no Smash character has had a different art-style to the other characters (Mr. Game and Watch being the obvious exception) so Joker being regularly-shaded is just for consistency more than anything.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
AFAIK no Smash character has had a different art-style to the other characters (Mr. Game and Watch being the obvious exception) so Joker being regularly-shaded is just for consistency more than anything.
To me Joker at least looks more blended in than certain other anime style characters.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
What a crazy day for gaming news. Sony with confirmed PS5 hardware info and Nintendo a mini Smash direct, both coming out of nowhere. I'm liking this new trend of shadowdropping megatons randomly. That way we don't get to build huge ass expectations only to end up dissapointed whenever a news event or Direct get's confirmed first lol.

And on topic: I don't have Smash Ultimate but this 3.0 update is massive. Huge value for your buck with this game and the dlc. Too bad I just cannot get into Smash anymore. I simply suck at it.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I mean, Atlas has gotta be releasing P5 on Switch! I dunno why, but seeing the Smash Bros. x P5 title in the video just gives me a lot of hope.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Yesterday:

"Why did Sakurai even announce joker what a let down the wait is unbearable god this is the worst when is the direct?"

Today:

"Lol I love how companies are stealth dropping things now. Where are the other chars?"

You guys should learn from this

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Nice update! The stage builder looks like an insane thing to patch in 4 month after release.

It would also be really cool, if they teased stuff to come in this direct.
The witch in the stage builder and 'this isn't even my final form' is somewhat suspicious. It I'm just still hopeful for Banjo and Goku.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Pony tail... Doesn't look like any of Joker's alternate costumes turn to anything with a pony tail. And that hot looking double pony tailed devil woman doesn't seem to be anything but a stage back ground...

Could Dixie Kong be on her way??!!!?!?!?!?!!(U_#)!_&#_

Oct 28, 2017
Huh, Joker's only two inches taller than Little Mac. I never really saw him as short but he's pretty short comparatively in Smash.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness... Noctis would not only be an interesting character to play, but there is so much room from FFXV for music and cool stage ideas.
Huh, Joker's only two inches taller than Little Mac. I never really saw him as short but he's pretty short comparatively in Smash.
According to wikipedia, he's 5'9" (175cm) so that actually makes him taller than the average Japanese male (5'7"/171cm)

If anything, Little Mac is much taller than I thought.

Hes not really that short in P5. Thats just Smash scaling

Nope, it checks out, Little Mac is 5'7", so Japanese average height. Though looking at it, it seems Little Mac had a growth spurt between NES and Wii punchouts...

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Have they fixed the online problems like the immense lags? I might get back to Smash if they figured stuff out. Joker looks like fun and so does Mementos and its music!

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
was the dlc pack always $25? It says "on sale" in the video, which sounds like a no brainer, but I can't remember for the life of me how much I bought it when smash came out.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness... Noctis would not only be an interesting character to play, but there is so much room from FFXV for music and cool stage ideas.

According to wikipedia, he's 5'9" (175cm) so that actually makes him taller than the average Japanese male (5'7"/171cm)

If anything, Little Mac is much taller than I thought.

Nope, it checks out, Little Mac is 5'7", so Japanese average height. Though looking at it, it seems Little Mac had a growth spurt between NES and Wii punchouts...
I refuse to believe Lil Mac is taller than 5'1"

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
That was everything I could have hoped for from the Persona dlc. Every small detail is perfect.

I mean there could always be more music, but can't complain.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Joker looks incredibly fun and looks like a lot of love put on him, as is usual with dlc characters.

I'm very excited for some of the new song arrangements, even though some bangers from the game Jokers representing are left out (no Life Will Change? Sakurai pls).

Hopefully when the nitty gritty of the patch notes drop, they acknowledge some of the online issues.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stage Builder and Video Editor look both very good. I wished for the creation of background and foreground elements, so i am happy. Creating moving parts and objects is even better.

Nintendo is supriesing amazing with creation tools (Mario Maker, Labo 2D, Labo VR).