• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
My understanding from the explanation is that his meter *only* charges when taking damage. Just using down special on its own won't charge it
Yeah, it looks to me that Joker will get his Persona at roughly the same rate Mac gets his KO Punch, perhaps a little higher.

Not nearly as often as Cloud can get Limit.

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YES! THIS IS THE KIND OF DLC CONTENT THAT SHOULD BE MADE!

I am proud to be a Nintendo fan. Quality content all around nowadays!

Also, sick that Jokers EXP screen is his victory screen.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
D4UgrDoW0AAWD7g.jpg:large

See guys!! Atlus still remembers Persona 1 and 2!!! Switch ports when?>!

Edit: damnit Iva Demilcol beat me too it

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So the character's gimmick is basically just the same as Limit?

Take damage to charge a meter, then get enhanced versions of your specials?
It's more of an install than a one time use. Joker's regular attacks get a boost while his specials get "upgrades", both of which lasts a temporary time.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Version 3.0 looks to be lame and most of the feature are behind a pay-wall.

None of this really compels me to pick up Smash Ultimate.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Given how much more you can style custom stages, it would be neat if EVO or other events had "reskins" of BF, FD, etc. with the tournament logos in the background.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017

Pay-wall? Are you talking about Mii-costumes or the Fighters Pass?

Because the Stage Builder and Video Editor are free updates. And they're huge upgrades on their own.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.

What? All the new modes are part of the free update. The only thing behind a paywall is Joker, his stage, and the Mii costumes.

But yeah if the ocean of content already in the game doesn't compel you to buy it, then I don't see what they could possibly add that would get you on board.

Jan 29, 2018
Being able to browse people's custom stages is unexpected and hugely exciting. Could be the best part of the update, easily.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lack of Life Will Change kills me and is a bizarre omission lmao

also really hope hazardless Mementos is legal

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like how they have been giving some characters a counter AND reflect, it should be one or the other not both imo

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of content and details of Smash continue to be mind-blowing.

Just imagine they add Rex from Xenoblade 2 with this level of care...
- Rex + switch between Pyra / Mythra / one particular spoiler blade -> different Final Smash
- Stage is Gormott with World Tree on the back. Maybe other titans moving on the background too. Day-night cycle. Tyrants occasionally appearing on stage
- Music collection including Counterattack, Gormott day and night, You Will Recall Our Names...

I am literally sweating for writing this post.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Nobody's mentioned it but

"If you like a stage, give it a yeah!"

= MIIVERSE LIVES ON IN SMASH

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017

- Rex + switch between Pyra / Mythra / one particular spoiler blade -> different Final Smash
- Stage is Gormott with World Tree on the back. Maybe other titans moving on the background too. Day-night cycle. Tyrants occasionally appearing on stage
- Music collection including Counterattack, Gormott day and night, You Will Recall Our Names...

I hate to be a killjoy, but Rex being a Mii Fighter outfit as a bonus for buying the Fighter Pass is probably a good indicator that he's not gonna be DLC.

Puruzi

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

please stop I want Rex so bad but I don't think it's happening, at least not in this first 5.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
I'm so happy the All Out Attack can feature any of the Phantom Thieves and is not just locked to Ryuji, Ann and Morgana.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In awe that they gave him CPS3 JoJo stands. All he needed was TANDEM or even STAND RUSH from ASB and he'd be gold.
Also lmaooo at him getting Xrd Raven's old excitement meter. Arsene ain't getting that much play.
Gun might be a stance move since he transitioned into fucking RAINSTORM all of a sudden rip Dante

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Ok, I'm off to play some more Smash and coming back tomorrow for some new stages, I'm sure people will come up with some crazy shit.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
I'm sorry mods, but gotta do it.

BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY...

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
This all looks AWESOME.

...but I'm disappointed by the lack of Home Run Contest :(. Maybe the next update?