• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I try to use Clue but then I forget about it like the dumb dumb I am.

My periods have always been very regular though, so I never found it crucial to follow my cycles that much. Which in turns bite me in the ass, because while I have no pain, no discomfort while being on my period, and that besides the feeling of not being clean, it's pretty much a non event I can totally ignore, the day or two BEFORE my period starts, are usually the ones in which my mood can take a toll. Like, finding myself crying over the dumbest thing, or feeling suicidal out of nowhere, thinking my depression is making a comeback, until I inevitably realize a day later that it was just fucking PMS. And I fall into that trap EACH time, you'd think I'd learn and know it's PMS by now, but I fucking don't cause I'm dumb and don't have to care about my periods much to begin with because they're painless.

I'm using a cup from the brand of Me Luna, I have been using it for several months now and I'm absolutely happy about it. It's also fascinating to reconnect with your period blood and see it raw in the cup. I don't know, I feel more connected to my body and my period when I can see what it's producing, instead of it being absorbed and smudged by tampons or whatever. I also have a washable reusable cloth menstrual pad, but I haven't been using it much. Just the cup alone has been enough. I'm glad I finally switched to a cup a few months ago, because quite frankly, with the pandemic going on, I would have been extremely anxious over not getting the pads that I used to buy before. At least with the cup, I know I can last months/years without having to worry over it.

Last edited:

ohabs

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Just saw an ad on Facebook that thejunecup.com is selling their cups at cost (today only?) - only $6. I have been using a Tampax cup but would like to try out others and thought this was a great deal. I bought both the small and the large and it came to 15.99 after shipping. (I'm in US, not sure if they ship international or not) Anyone ever try June Cup before?

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
the day or two BEFORE my period starts, are usually the ones in which my mood can take a toll. Like, finding myself crying over the dumbest thing, or feeling suicidal out of nowhere, thinking my depression is making a comeback, until I inevitably realize a day later that it was just fucking PMS. And I fall into that trap EACH time, you'd think I'd learn and know it's PMS by now, but I fucking don't cause I'm dumb and don't have to care about my periods much to begin with because they're painless.

This is my story. This is me. I used to have have very irregularly timed periods - unless I was on oral contraceptives. Anywhere from every 5 to 7 weeks. But for the past year or so, my periods have inexplicably settled into a regular schedule: every 30 or 31 days, and I'm still "ambushed" by the onset of hopelessness or an overwhelming, inescapable sense of worry a few days before my period. While I'm lost in those murky, weird, prickly feelings, I'm almost always utterly oblivious that it's PMS. I only realize it when it lifts the day my period starts and the world suddenly stops feeling like a dark, evil cave filled with threatening traps. You're not dumb. That's just how insidious and sudden the PMS haze can be. Not recognizing it is probably a design feature. It most definitely isn't a lapse or failing of judgment.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I deal with really bad PMS depression as well. I also deal with regular depression, so sometimes it's hard tell if it's that or just my hormones acting up.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to try out Thinx. I really like them. They're comfortable and it seems like it holds pretty well. Didn't see any leaks overnight. Only problem so far is that they take forever to air dry. I should've gotten two.

Yeah, I deal with really bad PMS depression as well. I also deal with regular depression, so sometimes it's hard tell if it's that or just my hormones acting up.
I've been feeling really awful lately. Thought the lockdown was finally getting to me, but turns out ~period's here.