• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Via Bloomberg:
BlackRock Inc.'s private equity vehicle agreed to buy Creed, a family-owned luxury fragrance maker, in its first European acquisition.

BlackRock's Long Term Private Capital is acquiring a majority of the centuries-old perfume company from Olivier Creed for an undisclosed amount, according to a statement on Wednesday. Javier Ferran -- the chairman of drinks giant Diageo Plc -- will become chairman and an investor in Creed as part of the deal.

LTPC is part of BlackRock's effort to build up its business in alternative assets. The world's largest money manager started the private equity fund in 2018 with the goal of raising $12 billion to buy all or part of companies. The fund has raised $3.85 billion from investors and its own capital pool so far.

Creed says it was founded in 1760 in London as a luxury-goods maker by Henry Creed and now has operations and sales around the world. The name has become popular among perfume connoisseurs, celebrities and the fashion set. Its fragrances include Green Irish Tweed and Fleurissimo, which were made for Cary Grant and Grace Kelly, respectively, according to media reports.
I know more than a few people freaking out about this. Lock if old.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Creed is dead. Long live Creed.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Will be interesting to see if this impacts the work of their perfumers, new products, or the quality of future versions of their existing stuff.

I would assume not, but it definitely happens. Aventus is tired AF at this point and clones are everywhere so it was a great time to sell. The company will likely never be worth more.

I never heard of the perfumes in the OP title and I walk through a LOT of airports and Macys.
lol Macy's

I'm half through a bottle of Aventus right now and love it. Wondering whether I should buy another one right now...
If you like the current mix of it that much, sure. But meh. You can do much better.

The Llama

Oct 27, 2017
I'm half through a bottle of Aventus right now and love it. Wondering whether I should buy another one right now...

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will be interesting to see if this impacts the work of their perfumers, new products, or the quality of future versions of their existing stuff.

I would assume not, but it definitely happens. Aventus is tired AF at this point and clones are everywhere so it was a great time to sell. The company will likely never be worth more.

lol Macy's

I should point out that I am fancy enough for that to be a joke, but not fancy enough to wear bespoke perfume.

The Llama

Oct 27, 2017

lol Macy's

If you like the current mix of it that much, sure. But meh. You can do much better.
tbh I'm more concerned that they'll raise the price even more rather than being concerned that they'll mess up the formula.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
millesime imperial and royal oud were nice when i smelled them. still too expensive for me for something i rarely use and is pretty low on my care about list and i doubt this helps

Oct 26, 2017
I never heard of the perfumes in the OP title and I walk through a LOT of airports and Macys.

You obviously hang with some fancy, nice smelling people.
giphy.webp