• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Unpopular opinion on here but at this point they might as well just add PC level settings to console games.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Unpopular opinion on here but at this point they might as well just add PC level settings to console games.
If I had to guess, there probably wouldn't be two performance modes if they had the extra time before launch but they don't want to remove something people might have gotten used to. Performance/Quality mode splits are fine, we don't need full settings menus.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Insomniac delivering the goods this Holiday Season. They're basically SIE's version of Santa Claus at this point.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Insomniac may secretly be Sony's best first party studio. Their output last gen - Ratchet 2016, Spider-Man, and Sunset Overdrive, were all phenomenal. Miles is a super strong follow up, and Rift Apart is probably my most anticipated game of next year. Absolutely phenomenal purchase (and long overdue) on Sony's part.

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
Damn that's nutty. I'm so happy I made demon souls the first game I played on my ps5. I loaded up miles to see and I tried both mode and was flooded by both but ultimately I needed that 60 fps.

I went back to play demon souls in hopes of a patch and here we are... Great jobs you tech wizards!

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I opted to get Demon's souls first and just finished last week. Have miles morales ultimate edition on my Christmas list. Hopefully my secret Santa delivers lol

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
I have alot to play right now, but im glad to see all these updates coming in, I look forward to purchasing!

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great to me! Here's some HDR gameplay if anyone's interested. (1080p might still be processing).

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
So wack to lock this game behind a a full priced DLC game, imagine if you could only buy Second Sun by buying First Light.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Really awesome, just played for a bit and I don't really notice much impact besides NPC density (I exclusively played performance mode before). Definitely great to have the extra depth RT adds to the image at 60 FPS.

Maybe before I finish all three DLC stories Sony will add VRR support and uncapped framerate for the ultimate experience 🤞

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
It seems the pedestrian density isn't too much lower, but the hit to the resolution is pretty noticeable as someone that's been playing this game in Performance mode the last week or so. Really enjoying this game too, glad I got around to it finally.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I just got to play it for a few hours. Outstanding work. This is the way to play.

OCD Guy

Nov 2, 2017
So wack to lock this game behind a a full priced DLC game, imagine if you could only buy Second Sun by buying First Light.
I'm surprised that seems to be the problem for some people. I thought the issue would have been there wasn't a free next-gen update for Spider-Man.

I bought the ultimate edition of Miles Morales and "NO RAGRETS". While Miles is fairly short, in terms of total content in the package it's more than worth the money.

It's great to see the choice of graphical options Insomniac have given us. Spider-Man is awesome. Defintely one of Playstations best exclusives for me.

I'll hit you with another unpopular opinion. In a way I'm not a fan of having the options we have as it is. I used to like just playing a game as the developers intended. Now I'm constantly changing between modes and wondering how I should play.

Demon's souls was almost baffling, as the developers criticised their own cinematic mode, referring to it as a slide-show, and that they developed the game at 60fps. In that case I don't know why they didn't just make it one mode.

The last thing I'd want is being able to adjust AA, AF, Shadows etc. The average console player (not someone on a forum like this) struggles with the most basic of settings, let alone giving them that much freedom. Yes you wouldn't have to touch anything at all, but I just don't think it would be at home on consoles.

Last edited:

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Insomniac may secretly be Sony's best first party studio. Their output last gen - Ratchet 2016, Spider-Man, and Sunset Overdrive, were all phenomenal. Miles is a super strong follow up, and Rift Apart is probably my most anticipated game of next year. Absolutely phenomenal purchase (and long overdue) on Sony's part.
Yeah, they're amazing.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Yeah it never hits a native 4K.

Native/base is dynamic but in that range with temporal injection to achieve 4K. Very similar to how we achieved 4K on PS4 Pro

Looks amazing, thanks so much to you and the team for such amazing community support as always, such an impressive dev!

I really really hope that you're considering a similar 60FPS plus ray tracing mode for Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, with a dynamic res and temporal injection to bring it up to 4K output. It looks amazing and is a great balance between IQ, framerate and ray tracing.

Fahro

Oct 27, 2017
The new mode looks and plays beautifully, but is not fully baked yet because I have lots of errors. The screen goes black and the game shuts down.

I don't have the issues in the other two modes.

I played the original spider man on a ps4 pro (but haven't finished it yet) and was never bothered with the 30fls.

60fps make such a big difference though but I missed the eye candy (ray Tracing) of the RT Mode.

The 60fps RT Mode is plenty sharp and offers the best of both worlds but sadly has plenty of issues :-(

Edit: I thought this is the old miles morales thread. I hope that the new Mode is more stable in the old prior spider man game. Have to finish it first anyway.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new mode looks and plays beautifully, but is not fully baked yet because I have lots of errors. The screen goes black and the game shuts down.

I played the original spider man on a ps4 pro (but haven't finished it yet) and was never bothered with the 30fls.

60fps make such a big difference though but I missed the eye candy (ray Tracing) of the RT Mode.

The 60fps RT Mode is plenty sharp and offers the best of both worlds but sadly has plenty of issues :-(

Weird. I'm playing it for an hour straight with 0 issues so far.

OCD Guy

Nov 2, 2017

Yeah the 30fps on Spider-Man on PS4 was one of the best I've played. I done my first play-through of Spider-Man remastered using fidelity mode and it felt absolutely fine to me. The motion blur used is fantastic. Compare it to Demon's Souls where 30fps feels janky. and really framey.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Frankly, if they got this mode working in time for launch, then this simply could have replaced the original performance mode.
I play on a 1080p monitor and the original Performance mode in Miles Morales looks absurdly clean on it. Even the most distant buildings are rendered cleanly with no noticible LOD transitions or aliasing. I can't say the same for Performance RT mode, even if I think it's very cool (and it's how I'll be playing Spider-Man Remastered). I still prefer the original Performance mode in Miles Morales but I'm expecting SM Remastered's Performance RT mode to run at a higher resolution than MM's since there's a bit less goin on in Remastered's map I think

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Game is still crashing on me. Just had a hard lock up in the middle of a mission and the ps5 after about 30 secs went completely black and then finally let me do an error report

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
This will be how I will 1st experience the game when I get a PS5. Ray tracing at 60fps is always a must!

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I have a pc, I hate messing with settings lol. So much hassle. 2-3 options and done is more than good enough
I personally love messing with settings on PC. The default presets are sometimes not the best and using a mix of High and Medium and a few Ultra settings is better than using a preset that has a graphics setting that drops performance too much for some odd reason.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Still wish there was a way for remastered to pull my PS4 save as I'm stuck waiting on a sale to double dip on Spider-Man just so I can use it for 2 minutes to upload my save..

assuming if I buy digital it'll pick up my save from the disc version? Otherwise I'm totally screwed

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

id like console options on PC. Give me a performance/graphics option and let me set a target framerate and the game handles the detail/resolution dynamically to keep my framerate stable. It's a big thing that puts me off PC as I often have to put up with framerate drops or lowering the detail settings and knowing many situations in the game I'm leaving performance on the table

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

Edit: I thought this is the old miles morales thread. I hope that the new Mode is more stable in the old prior spider man game. Have to finish it first anyway.
Same exact issues on my end as well. I don't mean to sound like I'm bitching, because I really don't mean to (It's really cool that Insomniac managed to get these updates out as fast as they did) but it's really a bummer that they put out this awesome new mode, and I can't use it for more than five minutes without the system violently crashing and potentially being put at risk of bricking.

It doesn't sound too widespread (which is a good thing), but I really hope it is something that'll be looked into at some point whenever Insomniac finds the time.