• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
The future is irrelevant.

In January 2021, either Biden or Trump will be President of the United States, and they will likely replace 1-2 SC judges in their tenure. Act accordingly to those facts now.

The future is not irrelevant lol. The Supreme Court is a problem even if the outcome of the election goes well and Biden wins and the Dems take the Senate.

There's nothing wrong with considering that.

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
Wow, that was a pretty big whiplash there. Is the implication there that I am responsible for what happens if Trump wins? That'd seem to negate the very first sentence of your statement.

vote for Trump if you want abortion outlawed

otherwise vote for biden

don't vote for either if you're cool with either outcome

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The future is irrelevant.

In January 2021, either Biden or Trump will be President of the United States, and they will likely replace 1-2 SC judges in their tenure. Act accordingly to those facts now.
You're talking to someone who's already voting for Biden dude. The future is not irrelevant.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think I'll probably have to bow out from this thread. I think it's important to note though that my stance is this: voting for Biden makes sense as a way to avoid 4 more years of Trump. However, I think it's important to be realistic about what Biden will/even intends to accomplish. Also, people need to be understanding of the fact that some people have legitimate reasons for not voting for Biden. It doesn't mean they want Trump to win, as much as people try to insinuate that non-voting somehow means a vote for Trump (I mean, I don't see how the exact opposite couldn't be argued).

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it incredible uncomfortable that people here seem to think that you cannot ever criticize Biden in any circumstances without people raining hell on you because "We have to beat Trump". Especially when multiple posters who are criticizing him are also voting for him. It's incredibly infuriating that people seem to have gotten stuck in their head that any criticism means that we are the worst of scum. We are voting for him, we also have a laundry list of problems with him. Oh and guess what? We'd have a laundry list of problems with Bernie Sanders as well. Sure comparatively less than Biden but still a large one as well.

I will say this again, if Biden can't win because people on a video game forum criticize him, than that says far more about Biden then it does about the posters.

EDIT: Not that it matters anymore since it no longer gets through to your heads, but I'm already voting for Biden. Apparently that's not good enough anymore because now if I criticize him, I'm not better than a Trump supporter but oh well.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, wake the fuck up. THIS. IS. SERIOUS!

You see, shit like this. Why does he need to "wake the fuck up"? Why is it that you're attacking him like he's voting for Trump when he's voting for Biden. Isn't that the goal? I don't get how we've reached a point that if you criticize Biden or want him to be better you get treated as if you're a Trump Supporter or worse. Dismissed, mocked, or outright bullied. And not for voting for Trump, not for not voting in this election, but straight up because someone criticizes Biden. Biden isn't going to be affected by posters criticizing him. So maybe stop attacking people who are already on your side. You got our votes. Why are you demanding our silence as well?

And yes, I'm voting for Biden. I know that doesn't matter anymore (or ever because I was personally attacked and called worse than 10 Trump supporters in the past because criticizing Biden meant that if my words got one person to not vote Biden it would neglect my vote for Biden in the past) but I've said I'd vote for him for months now.

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
The fact that Tom fucking Cotton has the distinct possibility of sitting on the supreme court bench tells you how fucked America is incase Trump wins. I know we have been making doomsdays predictions since 2016 but if he wins reelection, it really will be the end of the America hegemony and super power status.

End it then. The world doesn't need an American superpower.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I find it incredible uncomfortable that people here seem to think that you cannot ever criticize Biden in any circumstances without people raining hell on you because "We have to beat Trump". Especially when multiple posters who are criticizing him are also voting for him. It's incredibly infuriating that people seem to have gotten stuck in their head that any criticism means that we are the worst of scum. We are voting for him, we also have a laundry list of problems with him. Oh and guess what? We'd have a laundry list of problems with Bernie Sanders as well. Sure comparatively less than Biden but still a large one as well.

I will say this again, if Biden can't win because people on a video game forum criticize him, than that says far more about Biden then it does about the posters.

EDIT: Not that it matters anymore since it no longer gets through to your heads, but I'm already voting for Biden. Apparently that's not good enough anymore because now if I criticize him, I'm not better than a Trump supporter but oh well.

You see, shit like this. Why does he need to "wake the fuck up"? Why is it that you're attacking him like he's voting for Trump when he's voting for Biden. Isn't that the goal? I don't get how we've reached a point that if you criticize Biden or want him to be better you get treated as if you're a Trump Supporter or worse. Dismissed, mocked, or outright bullied. And not for voting for Trump, not for not voting in this election, but straight up because someone criticizes Biden. Biden isn't going to be affected by posters criticizing him. So maybe stop attacking people who are already on your side. You got our votes. Why are you demanding our silence as well?

And yes, I'm voting for Biden. I know that doesn't matter anymore (or ever because I was personally attacked and called worse than 10 Trump supporters in the past because criticizing Biden meant that if my words got one person to not vote Biden it would neglect my vote for Biden in the past) but I've said I'd vote for him for months now.

Posters like Psychoward are still reminiscing about how a progressive candidate didn't win the primary election. It's been long over. Biden's not my favorite president, either; Heck, I voted for Bernie Sanders during the primary, even though he didn't stand a chance. I didn't go & whine about it like most other posters have done.

Even I know that Biden has to win this presidency, & that everyone has to put their self-centered thoughts aside as we're talking about a very important election that'll be happening in 54 days from now.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Posters like Psychoward are still reminiscing about how a progressive candidate didn't win the primary election. It's been long over. Biden's not my favorite president, either; Heck, I voted for Bernie Sanders during the primary, even though he didn't stand a chance. I didn't go & whine about it like most other posters have done.

Even I know that Biden has to win this presidency, & that everyone has to put their self-centered thoughts aside as we're talking about a very important election that'll be happening in 54 days from now.
I didnt even bring up the primary or Bernie so you have it all wrong. I want Biden to move to the left. Notice how everyone who brought up the primaries/Bernie weren't even criticizing Biden? Let the primary go, leftists sure as shit did.

This has nothing to do with the primary or Bernie. Bernie wasn't a perfect candidate either and I would have been bitching about parts of his platform as well.

Edit: iirc I haven't even brought up the primary or Bernie in like... months.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

But...Psychoward said he was voting for Biden. Doesn't that indicate he wants him to win? Like, yeah, I also want a better candidate that Biden and I want Biden to move to the left but I want him to win. That's why I'm voting for him. I'm sure Psychoward also wants him to win. That's why he's voting for him.

And it's not self-centered to criticize him. Wanting him to be better is not self-centered.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
In all the threads here about "Biden will be worse for civil rights than Trump," no one in favor of that view ever talks about the Supreme Court.
Anyone who seriously says that Biden will be worse for civil rights than the man that has been actively stripping away as many rights for marginalized people as he possibly can for 4 years is very obviously a Trump supporter.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I didn't even bring up the primary or Bernie so you have it all wrong. I want Biden to move to the left. Notice how everyone who brought up the primaries/Bernie weren't even criticizing Biden? Let the primary go, leftists sure as shit did.

This has nothing to do with the primary or Bernie. Bernie wasn't a perfect candidate either and I would have been bitching about parts of his platform as well.

Edit: iirc I haven't even brought up the primary or Bernie in like... months.

But...Psychoward said he was voting for Biden. Doesn't that indicate he wants him to win? Like, yeah, I also want a better candidate that Biden and I want Biden to move to the left but I want him to win. That's why I'm voting for him. I'm sure Psychoward also wants him to win. That's why he's voting for him.

And it's not self-centered to criticize him. Wanting him to be better is not self-centered.

I agree with both of you on wanting Biden to move to the left, & I'm sure that Kamala Harris (among others) will help put Biden on the right track of things. But people shouldn't sit out or not vote for Biden all because "he's not a leftist candidate". That's what everyone is trying to get at.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
End it then. The world doesn't need an American superpower.

While I generally agree, you also don't want a quasi-super power run by far right government who are arrogant and a contentious population in open rebellion. One way or another that story ends in conflict that might spill over and effect many other countries.

ColonelDoctor

Mar 28, 2020
I agree with both of you on wanting Biden to move to the left, & I'm sure that Kamala Harris (among others) will help put Biden on the right track of things. But people shouldn't sit out or not vote for Biden all because "he's not a leftist candidate". That's what everyone is trying to get at.

The Dems have made a big deal about getting republican votes this cycle, they should probably work on that! They clearly don't need my progressive vote.

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
While I generally agree, you also don't want a quasi-super power run by far right government who are arrogant and a contentious population in open rebellion. One way or another that story ends in conflict that might spill over and effect many other countries.

A quasi-superpower interfering/exploiting other countries for its own gain is objectively better than a regular superpower doing it; let it fall I say, even if it has to break bit by bit.

My point in replying to you originally is to point out that the priorities in your post are all wrong. This OP is referencing a domestic law applying to its domestic citizens. Immediately being concerned about the US's superpower status as a consequence of Roe V. Wade's future status is sort of missing the point of why the concern should be there.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
SCOTUS is such an absurd institution. Appointing for life people in a republic is nonsense.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A quasi-superpower interfering/exploiting other countries for its own gain is objectively better than a regular superpower doing it; let it fall I say, even if it has to break bit by bit.

My point in replying to you originally is to point out that the priorities in your post are all wrong. This OP is referencing a domestic law applying to its domestic citizens. Immediately being concerned about the US's superpower status as a consequence of Roe V. Wade's future status is sort of missing the point of why the concern should be there.

I guess I should have better words because the ones I used were centered around America's position in the world instead of America's internal conditions. What I meant to say was that America is marching towards a far right failed state, which has disastrous consequences not just for American who would endure the worst of it but for the rest of the world too.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Cotton would accept a nomination to the court. He has presidential aspirations. God help us. He is a goddamn monster.
Is there a law forbidding a Supreme Court justice to run for president? Trump started the dismantling of Checks and Balances, a Potus who also controls the Supreme Court would be a nice way to finish it.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's not. I'm still voting for him but he's really not. We deserve much better.
You don't "deserve" anything. We get the candidate that people vote for. If Bernie was the one, his supporters should have gotten off their asses and voted in the primaries. We don't get candidates because we deserve them - we get the ones we vote for.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I think the reason people are pushing back is that in a thread where a fascist monster discusses nominating two insanely evil people who openly advocate for hurting many people of minority communities people are still leaping in to attack and criticise Biden.

Like - time and place people. You don't need to eternally demonstrate your virtue by talking down Biden in every single thread. Particularly not one where millions of peoples lives and futures are at stake and what is being proposed will shape America for the next 50 years.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
With the Supreme Court, it feels like the right only has to win once to destroy things. If the Dems win they don't do anything.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
There are a few people who made that argument (e.g. Biden voting for police reform decades ago) in this thread with a notably similar name.

www.resetera.com

In light of "When the looting starts, The shooting starts" and the 100,000 US Covid Deaths, what's the thinking on Biden is just as bad as Trump? COVID

As a Mexican American I was against Trump since the very beginning. His war against Hispanic/Latin drew the most initial eyes when he declared... “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have...

I actually appreciate you calling me out - quoting a months old post from a thread on the topic of racism NOT court nominations. I genuinely encourage anyone who wishes to discuss it respond in a more relevant thread.

Reading that post again, being close friends with white supremests, his own racist comments, and his push to screw poor black people economically when being the puppet for the Deleware financial services cartel should have been included.

Below is a relevant post I made last week:

I entirely respect that mindset. I can understand casting a vote to stop the court appointees and the fundamental damage to our institutions. It's the "kiss Biden's ring" attitude that bothers me.

Last edited:

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
With the Supreme Court, it feels like the right only has to win once to destroy things. If the Dems win they don't do anything.

Biden will most likely get to appoint two justices (RNG aka RBG and Breyer's replacements). So there is that. The right has gotten a bit lucky but their run during the late 60s through early 90s didn't gain them the control they sought even if they got to nominate most of the court.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
It's a thread about truly monstrous actions by Trump and appalling proposals.

And people are still ranting about Biden.

What the hell is wrong with folks?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Seriously lol that actually makes me want Cotton on the bench :p

LLXrl03.gif

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
You don't "deserve" anything. We get the candidate that people vote for. If Bernie was the one, his supporters should have gotten off their asses and voted in the primaries. We don't get candidates because we deserve them - we get the ones we vote for.

Unlike some, I feel perfectly comfortable saying that the voters are the problem, here. Bernie's supporters voted, but they were outnumbered, period, because people voted badly. As I see little evidence that they will stop voting badly, I mostly eschew electoralism as a valence for meaningful progress at this point in history. I'll vote for Biden, but it may well be the last vote the Dems ever get from me.

Edit: lol at all the bad faith readings of Psychoward's tongue-in-cheek post.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Unlike some, I feel perfectly comfortable saying that the voters are the problem, here. Bernie's supporters voted, but they were outnumbered, period, because people voted badly. As I see little evidence that they will stop voting badly, I mostly eschew electoralism as a valence for meaningful progress at this point in history. I'll vote for Biden, but it may well be the last vote the Dems ever get from me.

Edit: lol at all the bad faith readings of Psychoward's tongue-in-cheek post.
Hard to tell what is tounge in cheek at this point when there are people that outright have talked about Trump winning being "for the best" long term.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a thread about truly monstrous actions by Trump and appalling proposals.

And people are still ranting about Biden.

What the hell is wrong with folks?
Totally didnt mention Bernie by name so I'm not upset about anything else.
The Dems have made a big deal about getting republican votes this cycle, they should probably work on that! They clearly don't need my progressive vote.
They want the vote of everyone who can help them get democratic policies enacted. It's strange that you'd find an appeal to republicans who support a woman's right to choose as an attack on progressive values.

Or maybe you should think twice before throwing out opinions rooted in such simplistic logic.

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Condemning entire generations to misery and oppression to own the libs humble America.

This line of reasoning isnt doing the US any favors considering entire generations of people the US has radicalized/influenced for the worse, across multiple countries. Best focus on domestic matters as intended by the OP rather trying to refetence the US's baggage internationally.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I didn't even bring up Bernie dawg. We deserve better than current Biden because we deserve to live in a world that takes climate change more seriously, doesn't drone civilians, doesn't back up apartheid states etc.
Yikes
Really hoping that is sarcasm.
Condemning entire generations to misery and oppression to own the libs humble America.
... did the ":p" not give it away

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is totally frowned upon to "shame" people into voting for Biden, but totally normalized to shame Biden voters.

Cynicism, thats how it works.

No it's not fair to shame Biden voters. There is nothing wrong in voting for Biden, especially in 2020. If that wasn't clear, than yes I don't want people to be bullied for voting for Biden. But saying "I want someone better than Biden but I'll vote for him" is not shaming Biden voters.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie's supporters voted, but they were outnumbered, period, because people voted badly.

I love how the whole "a candidate has to earn their votes" thing never applies to Bernie for some reason.

Bernie's supporters were outnumbered because Bernie did a genuinely awful job of reading the room. People saw established government institutions gutted before their eyes and Bernie gave them the same old revolution stump speech. People wanted someone who could work with other Democrats, and not only did Bernie's entire strategy hinge on winning pluralities instead of majorities (like winning SC by splitting the vote between Booker and Harris), but he couldn't even be bothered to reach out to AOC himself for her endorsement. When he had a chance to pull more people in after his early wins, he decided to gloat about it instead.

He had a chance, and he, not the voters, totally fucking blew it. I would have chosen him over Biden, and that would have been a mistake. Not only are all of the GOP's attacks on Biden falling flat, but Bernie spent a whole campaign cycle demonstrating that he doesn't know how to deal with a coalition.

Oct 25, 2017
2020 and I still don't get it; what exactly do you hope to accomplish by repealing Roe? Abortion has been around since the dawn of civilizations, all you are doing is pushing women into back alleys.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
2020 and I still don't get it; what exactly do you hope to accomplish by repealing Roe? Abortion has been around since the dawn of civilizations, all you are doing is pushing women into back alleys.

It's a rallying cry to the base or religious folks who care about abortion. I don't think that they really want to overturn Roe v Wade. Clearly they have no qualms paying for their mistresses to have abortions. It's sort of like wanting to repeal ACA but not actually having a plan or endgame.