• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
But Rare did Perfect Dark back in the day, give it to them! Initiative has been pretty hyped up with staff from top studios all over, I was just hoping they could do their own thing rather than a sequel to something that already exists. Will obviously wait to see what its like...

This will likely just be a radical reboot that just keeps the name and character. It'll basically be a brand new IP. Especially since the IP was dead anyways. They own the name, so might as well put it to use. No real point in coming up with a new name when you have a perfectly fine name in hibernation.

And Rares goal and desire is to just do new IPs. They are not interested in just making sequels.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Best example is Fable 2

Overall light and irreverent but with Moments of Darkness (like a fairytale)

I think for Fable Reboot the best location is before Fable 1, prequel, without gun and lot more focus on magic, the creation of the guild, fairytale with a dark atmosphere too and if possible political aspect with his humor.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

E5D3m8N.gif

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
I think for Fable Reboot the best location is before Fable 1, prequel, without gun and lot more focus on magic, the creation of the guild, fairytale with a dark atmosphere too and if possible political aspect with his humor.

Hmmm Maybe - Fable Legends had a great aesthetic and did that period. I agree I think that would be the best period

Fable 2 was the only game in the series that truly nailed the dark fairytale idea imo. So I would personally go that route In regards to what kinds of quests and the main story structure (but with a cutscenes, dialogue choice etc)

Oct 27, 2017
The Forza games we're being released yearly all the way up until 2018 split between two developers on alternating schedules. The last Motorsport game was 2017, if Motorsport 8 was released in 2020, that'd actually be a year longer than their usual dev cycle. Also according to games radar, the supposed Motorsport 8 is to be announced this year.

As far as Fable, hasn't that been rumored since 2017? With Playground expanding and their last Forza game was in 2018, I don't see it out of the possibility to be released in 2020.
Games take more than 3 years to make especially big RPGs. GoW 2018 took 5 years, HZD took 5 years etc. so expecting a new studio to put out a game in 3 years is unrealistic. That's why a late 2021 early 2022 date makes sense for fable

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Games take more than 3 years to make especially big RPGs. GoW 2018 took 5 years, HZD took 5 years etc. so expecting a new studio to put out a game in 3 years is unrealistic. That's why a late 2021 early 2022 date makes sense for fable
I think Fable will be announced for Holiday 2021, but will probably be delayed until 2022.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
It's there Twitter accounts for all the Xbox IPs? I doublt. And what a coincidence that the accounts are about two heavily rumored games...

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Almost 10 years without a new game...

Guess we'll have to make our own!"

Introducing Project perfect SDark :v

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
A Banjo Kazooie game, too please?
With a good Perfect Dark and a good Banjo game I'd buy an XSX in an instant. In fact, I'd buy one before a PS5!

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping Perfect Dark goes for more of a Blade Runner aesthetic this time around. Hopefully they've been taking tips from CDPR.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this just reminds me it's a shame that out of the 3 fable games they never ported 2 to PC. I'd love to replay it but not enough to buy a console again just to do it.

Jan 4, 2018
If it's standard pratice, any reason we have these inactive Fable and PerfectDarkGame placeholder accounts and we don't have (so far) the same thing for Banjo, Blinx, MechAssault, and other inactive IPs ? I'm confused.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dinkelberg.jpg

GREENBERG!!!

Lmao I don't buy it for a minute

dissappointment will be my own fault and I don't care

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Maybe he is saying this because the games will not be shown in July? It is a plausible reason in my view, because I sincerely doubt that these games do not exist, it is impossible.
And pretending that the games don't exist is at least stupid lol, it has the opposite effect and only adds fuel to the fire.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If they were available at the time I would of bought a xbox 360 just for Perfect Dark Zero but I never found one and I got over wanting a 360. If a new Perfect Dark game gets announced I'll be tempted again.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Greenberg's tweet to me says "It won't show in july" not "We're not making them"

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
do those old PD games hold up?
I bought a n64 at a shop that has old systems and such and tried to play PD. I....just cant. I'm way too intuned to the current fps controls to go back. I heard the remastered version has revamped controls but I don't have the urge to get an xbox system to play it. I wished the remastered version came out on pc cause I would be all over that.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
Fable 2 was one of my favorite games on the 360 and the perfect dark 64 was amazing so this gets me excited to see what they do with these franchises.

Tryxx

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Platform Warring.
Man Xbox really doesn't like making new IP huh? So guessing the rumor that perfect dark is being remade by the initiative is happening. I like perfect dark but damn Xbox please allow these creative people to make something new and special.