• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
From Lead concept artist at The initiative.
eric-persson-akira.jpg

I need this PD reboot with MGS/Splinter cell vibe in Sci-fi world.
Damn. This gives me vibes of Ghost in The Shell. Let's do this. 😎

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. This gives me vibes of Ghost in The Shell. Let's do this. 😎

Really? Not Akira given that's clearly what it's referencing? :P

What if Perfect Dark was a soft reboot in the same way God of War 2018 was to its franchise? 🤔

I feel it's a given both Fable and Perfect Dark would be soft reboots at minimum. Different developers, plus It's been long enough that they'd need to revamp the look anyway and most players now either didn't play these games or would only remember the broad strokes.

Last edited:

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Pretty sure I remember reading that concept artwork predated them joining The Initiative, so I wouldn't read too much into it hype-wise.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
yo! if perfect dark is a Cyberpunk/Blade Runner type 3rd person action adventure and Fable is beautiful 3rd person party switching RPG.

I AM IN.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of people seem to believe it's going to be Third Person, which would be a disappointment to be. But if that's indeed the case, I strongly hope they look at Blacklist for inspirtation.

The only reason I cant see them doing FPS is that they already have Halo which will be launching the system. Unless Perfect Dark is slated for release in late 2021, I dont think they would want to overlap with two sci-fi FPS too closely to one another.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
The studio is stacked with people who worked on third person games. The idea that it would be first person seems anchored to the fact that it was a solid MP title. It might be both, but I hope it's 3P.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
The only reason I cant see them doing FPS is that they already have Halo which will be launching the system. Unless Perfect Dark is slated for release in late 2021, I dont think they would want to overlap with two sci-fi FPS too closely to one another.

OTOH if development timelines are going to be getting longer next gen, it could be useful to have, say, two FPS properties trading off every other year.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
Last month Jeff Grubb was the guy to watch, now Tom Warren is in the hot seat.

I am hoping Fable is darker and grittier than the older ones. I never played them because they looked too light-hearted for my tastes. I pretty much want Skyrim 2.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
As a PlayStation fan, Fable is a legit MS exclusive that could convince me to buy a Series X...depending on how it looks. Fable II was great. Fable III felt unfinished. Really hoping they retain the quirky British humor and the SimCity-lite property ownership mechanics.

ZedKay101

May 31, 2020
I think the Fable reboot will be a bit like the The Witcher 3. What I mean by that is cutscene branching dialogue, amazing graphics and a tightly focused main narrative.
As for Perfect Dark, I'm expecting a cyberpunk, stealth action 3rd person game.

I'm expecting gameplay for Fable and a story/setting teaser for Perfect Dark

ZedKay101

May 31, 2020
Last month Jeff Grubb was the guy to watch, now Tom Warren is in the hot seat.

I am hoping Fable is darker and grittier than the older ones. I never played them because they looked too light-hearted for my tastes. I pretty much want Skyrim 2.
I think it will be more Witcher than Skyrim

Obsidian's rumoured project (AAA Pillars of Eternity) will likely be that Skyrim 2 you're looking for

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Can't wait for this July show, even if you aren't necessarily a MS fan, just being a fan of gaming makes this a must watch. This next Xbox generation and MS gaming has so much riding on this show and the launch of XSX that it's impossible not to pay attention.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Not surprising at all. Fable and Perfect Dark have been rumored for a looooooong time.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't appear at the July event either. Seems like everytime something is obvious, it never happens lol. Still remember all the E3 Banjo rumors turning out to be nothing for the last few years (excluding the Smash reveal, of course).

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Not surprising at all. Fable and Perfect Dark have been rumored for a looooooong time.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't appear at the July event either. Seems like everytime something is obvious, it never happens lol. Still remember all the E3 Banjo rumors turning out to be nothing for the last few years (excluding the Smash reveal, of course).

*IF* these are legitimate, and the games are in development, registering these accounts within the last few months would likely mean they intend to, at minimum, announce both games.

I wouldn't be surprised if Perfect Dark had no actual gameplay to show yet, but the Fable game has been in development since late 2017 according to leaks, so I think there's a good chance it will.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
I am excited for some new games from Microsoft that are not Halo, Gears and Forza. Throw that money at some old IP's to be reimagined and more importantly some new IP's to grow the stable and add new excitement (like Sea of Thieves).

I have been a huge fan of a good chunk of PS's first party output for the past 2 gens and MS's output has not felt even remotely as exciting and if anything felt like they've been on autopilot.

Cannot wait to see what they have cooking.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Even if these Twitter handles are fake (which at the moment I doubt due to the emails being tied and other circumstances), The Initiative has Perfect Dark in the works and Playground Games has Fable. I'm personally very excited to see them in action.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
[email protected]
It will be called Dark Fable
And then after pd and fable both have sequels there will be a crossover game called:
Perfect Dark Fable
To cap off the Xbox Gaming Universe

Aminga

Oct 27, 2017
Fable will get me to purchase your next console xbox, as long as its not like the fable kinect game. And I liked the multiplayer beta I was playing that you cancelled. So dont do a multiplayer only and no on the rails bull just a straight up new rpg fable. Please and thank you.