• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
finance.yahoo.com

PepsiCo's new macaroni and cheese is 'flying off the shelf': CFO

PepsiCo's CFO Hugh Johnston talks with Yahoo Finance about the company's key new product launch and latest earnings report.
And who said soda giant PepsiCo (PEP) couldn't make a good box of mac and cheese.

"The product is flying off the shelves," PepsiCo CFO Hugh Johnston told Yahoo Finance's The First Trade Thursday, referring to the company's recently introduced Cheetos Mac 'n Cheese. Yahoo Finance first reported in July on the company's entry into a category dominated for years by blue boxes sold by Kraft Heinz.

Said Johnston Thursday morning, "We literally can't make enough. So every box we make, we're selling almost immediately. And I expect over time we'll be adding a lot of capacity. We think this is a big new idea."
That said, it's not as if PepsiCo needs mac and cheese to make its quarterly numbers. Despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic that has added a lot of costs to the businesses of Big Food, PepsiCo blew away analyst earnings estimates again in the third quarter. The company reported diluted earnings per share of $1.66 and net sales of $18.09 billion, beating estimates of $1.49 per share and net sales of $17.23 billion.

Sales were powered by demand for the aforementioned Rica-a-Roni, Tostitos, Quaker Oats oatmeal, Gatorade and the core Pepsi soda business.
Anyone here tried it? Haven't been able to get one myself.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I tried one box of the regular cheese and really liked it. It's really hard to find and I still want to try the other flavors.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen tons of it but it seemed unappealing to me? Especially the flaming hot. Like who wants flaming hot mac and cheese?

Fake edit: oh.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
like for real, this is the hell i currently live in every week or so

jj6x8kK.jpg

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
reading a breakdown of how pepsico actually subsists is pretty interesting. basically a never ending shell game with different assets in a way that isn't shady or illegal just common sense business

Deleted member 4874

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a Boomer who has never heard of Minecraft, I hate that modern snack foods are just amalgamations of other brands. Either that or pumpkin spice

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a Boomer who has never heard of Minecraft, I hate that modern snack foods are just amalgamations of other brands. Either that or pumpkin spice
Yeah, between this and the Smash news, it's really a good day to just stare at a wall for 18 hours straight as you contemplate how everything with our society went so wrong and if you, personally, could have done something earlier to stop it from getting this bad.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Mac and cheese is kind off repugnant? Idk. The only time I've ever liked it, it was made with white cheddar and chives or something. The velveeta/craft cheese sauce stuff is vomit inducing.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Walmart gave me a box of this the other day with my delivery order.

It is disgusting. Imagine opening a packet of cheese powder and finding Cheeto dust instead. That's pretty much it.

Also, it is as orange as our Prez.

Bloodshed

Oct 29, 2017
Tried the jalapeno one last Weds, my stomach hurt all day thurs, but I eat so much crap lately it's hard to isolate the true cause lol. Very tasty stuff though.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't care for the regular or flamin hot versions, but the jalapeno one is great.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I've only personally had the jalapeno cheddar one, and seen the flamin hot one.

But I can never fucking find a box of the plain. Its all I want. I just want ONE box. That's it. But it's always gone and never in stock.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
I'd love to find the Flaming Hot version, but they don't seem to ever have it around me. :(

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
It's fucking good! My Wal-Mart finally has it in stock regularly so I've tried them all.

I'd order them as such:

1. Jalapeño
2. Regular
3. Flamin Hot

I thought I would like the Flamin Hot version more since I usually like FH stuff (thanks Fat4all lol). It has quite a bit of heat but I just like the flavor of the other two more.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
We got a free box of regular from Walmart. It was okish I guess. My wife and kids hated it so I ate all of it. It's worse than normal Mac and cheese for what that's worth.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first I'm hearing of this.

Will try if I can find it, don't like cheetos so much but will try any random mac.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was watching South Park special and Cartman was eating Cheesy Poos and milk for breakfast as cereal?

Has he always done this or am I just noticing it now with all the Cheetos in the news

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I bought a box of the regular and flamin hot kind for my daughter to eat. She liked it. I've only tried the instant green jalapeño flamin hot kind and thought it was just okay.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I tried the jalapeño cheddar microwave cup. It was pretty alright for... y'know... microwave ready mac n cheese! I've had it a few times now when I need something quick to gobble down on a break. But I can't let myself keep buying it when I know I have healthier options at my job.

Cool to see people like the jalapeño cheddar flavour. I'm a big fan of the proper jalapeño cheddar Cheetos; if you like the mac try it out!

Ok are we all ignoring that the guys name is Hugh Johnson?
lol nice catch

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
They're all pretty great. I'd rank it at jalapeño cheddar, fh, regular. FH is actually pretty damn hot