• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
While both Blade & DP contained blood, they weren't rated R because of the blood. They had nudity, bad words, and dark themes (blade more than do) that made them Rated-R.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While both Blade & DP contained blood, they weren't rated R because of the blood. They had nudity, bad words, and dark themes (blade more than do) that made them Rated-R.
Blood and gore is literally in the description for the Blade movies. Yes, they had nudity and swearing, but it was Rated R for all these things, including drug use as well. Are you trying to say Blade 1 and 2 wouldn't have been Rated R if they had no nudity, swearing, "dark themes", etc?

John Wick is really only Rated R for the violence. Those movies have no nudity or real dark themes, it's a surprisingly playful and funny franchise with extreme violence that can be off putting if you're not used to the genre. Tons of comedies are Rated R even when they're just trying to make you laugh.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the new blade is going to be an absolutely swagless flick. And it's a shame because there are action directors and artists you can go to for the soundtrack that would make a new one so tough. Not excited for it but hope for the best

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
I wonder how are they gonna handle vampires or blade actions before the movie starts?

Like no one thinks Vampire actually exist until they do a big thing in NYC?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But the vampires need blood for scariness and also dance parties

I read a recent Marvel comic book where they actually recreated the bloodbath dance party.

Uh... there are several shots in Deadpool's opening scene alone that would automatically make it an R by themselves.
You could cut just this shot into three separate pieces, put them into three different movies, and all of them would be rated R.
CC83-CFFB-B053-4-B8-B-A875-3-DDA7-F45495-F.jpg

Last edited:

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I don't think Blade or Deadpool especially need R rated graphic bloody violence to be good adaptations.

So many people demand R rated graphic violence for those kinds of characters though so y'all got it

MoM was surprisingly horrific without being overly gory

If the MCU label wasn't slapped on it, would it really be considered surprising?

Everything I have heard about it suggests that it's not that graphic, especially not compared to some of the movies of that ilk of the 80's. Plus it was directed by Raimi, who has a long history of knowing how to skirt the lines with age ratings. (Sam Raimi is exactly why we changed the age rating system in the UK, after parents complained about Spiderman earning a 15, so they couldn't take their children.)

Meanwhile Blade and Deadpool comics have more extreme violence (And with Deadpool, naughty language and blue humour) baked into the personality of their books.

I'm not going to sit here and say it definitively can't be done, but a Doctor Strange sequel leaning towards the darker side of PG-13 doesn't really suggest anything about whether those characters could have more family friendly movies made about them while remaining fan pleasers.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I don't want every singe MCU movie to have tons of violence, but yes I totally agree I feel comfortable with the future of more violent characters.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Captain Carter's death was far more than I expected them to do. I'm not worried they'll manage violence in a Deadpool movie.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its not just the violence as others have pointed out. I am curious if Disney has strap ons in full view with Deadpool joking about getting pegged or jokes of that nature.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Its not just the violence as others have pointed out. I am curious if Disney has strap ons in full view with Deadpool joking about getting pegged or jokes of that nature.
I keep thinking that they're going to keep it under the 20th Century Studios banner for these reasons.