• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Hey there.

A few years ago I saw this video:

Case in point, while not really "super powers" per se, the things those people did were definitly special and extraordinary. Let's talk about people like them. Who else do you know that has a "super power"?

For those not wanting to watch the video, here is a list of the people mentioned:

- Michel Lotito
- Mas Oyama
- Scott Flansburg
- Ma Xiangang
- Wim Hof
- Isao Machii
- Dave Mullins
- Kim Peek
- Ben Underwood
- John Chang

Michel Lotito
He was able to eat metal. According to Wikipedia he ate a Cessna aricraft.

Mas Oyama
A Martial artist that went places. From Wikipedia:
Oyama tested himself in a kumite, a progression of fights, each lasting two minutes, and each after the featured participant wins. Oyama devised the 100-man kumite which he went on to complete three times in a row over the course of three days. He also fought bulls bare handed and won.

Scott Flansburg
"The Human Calculator", he is able to solve pretty much most math problems in his head faster than he can write the solution down or say it out loud.

Ma Xiangang
He is apparently immune to electricity and no one knows why.

Wim Hof
He can withstand extremely cold temperatures. As in, running around nearly naked with -20°C and stuff like that. And with "running around" I mean as in jogging/running/training excercise.

Isao Machii
A japanese Iado master that holds several world records and was able to cut pellets in half that were shot at him. He has an extreme hand/eye coordination.

Dave Mullins
World record holder for several under water swimming/breathing sections. As in, swimming/diving over 200 meters with a single breath.

Kim Peek
A megasavant that had an extraordinary memory. He could read through books in like 1-2 hours and remember basically every word in it. He was a human Dictionary.

Ben Underwood
He had a form of cancer and had his eyes removed at the age of 2. He taught himself echolocation like bats do and was able to move around normally as if he could see.

John Chang
Probably the one who is closest to a "super power". He is a Qi Master and could produce heat by channeling Qi in his body. He was able to set things on fire by channeling the Qi into it. There is a video out there that shows this. Decide for yourself whether you find this real or fake.

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Polite thread request: Could you list some examples of what they do, why it's super and so on? For folks curious but indisposed to watching video right away.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Polite thread request: Could you list some examples of what they do, why it's super and so on? For folks curious but indisposed to watching video right away.
Yeah wouldn't mind but this also better include the best archer in the world. As he can jump in the air shoot 3 arrows accurately straight up a real hawkeye

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sort of a Jane's Bond figure and I can make people's clothes fall off. Like I'm riding my bike on the grass and this police woman yells "Oi! You can ride your bike on the grass!"

And I say " Oh no?"

And her clothes fall off instantly.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Has science ever explained the guy that climbed Mount Everest naked? The guy said he achieves it through meditation but there's gotta be something more.

OP
OP
Sölf

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I will edit this later in the first post. For now:

Michel Lotito
He was able to eat metal. According to Wikipedia he ate a Cessna aricraft.

Mas Oyama
A Martial artist that went places. From Wikipedia:
Oyama tested himself in a kumite, a progression of fights, each lasting two minutes, and each after the featured participant wins. Oyama devised the 100-man kumite which he went on to complete three times in a row over the course of three days. He also fought bulls bare handed and won.

Scott Flansburg
"The Human Calculator", he is able to solve pretty much most math problems in his head faster than he can write the solution down or say it out loud.

Ma Xiangang
He is apparently immune to electricity and no one knows why.

Wim Hof
He can withstand extremely cold temperatures. As in, running around nearly naked with -20°C and stuff like that. And with "running around" I mean as in jogging/running/training excercise.

Isao Machii
A japanese Iado master that holds several world records and was able to cut pellets in half that were shot at him. He has an extreme hand/eye coordination.

Dave Mullins
World record holder for several under water swimming/breathing sections. As in, swimming/diving over 200 meters with a single breath.

Kim Peek
A megasavant that had an extraordinary memory. He could read through books in like 1-2 hours and remember basically every word in it. He was a human Dictionary.

Ben Underwood
He had a form of cancer and had his eyes removed at the age of 2. He taught himself echolocation like bats do and was able to move around normally as if he could see.

John Chang
Probably the one who is closest to a "super power". He is a Qi Master and could produce heat by channeling Qi in his body. He was able to set things on fire by channeling the Qi into it. There is a video out there that shows this. Decide for yourself whether you find this real or fake.

Necrokey

Jan 20, 2019
Orlando, Florida
There was a show narrated by Stan Lee about stuff like this
230px-StanLeeSuperhumans.jpg

I think its on Hulu with 3 full seasons. Its pretty good and i think he has one one or two listed in the OP's vid.

Edit:Did not mean narrated in the Morgan Freeman sense but endorsed maybe? IDK its been awhile. Good times

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
John Chang
Wow

That's amazing if real.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Pastor Alph Lukau in South Africa can bring people back to life
hqdefault.jpg

Youll have to Goog;e it yourselves to see how special this actually is.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
There was a show narrated by Stan Lee about stuff like this
230px-StanLeeSuperhumans.jpg

I think its on Hulu with 3 full seasons. Its pretty good and i think he has one one or two listed in the OP's vid.

Edit:Did not mean narrated in the Morgan Freeman sense but endorsed maybe? IDK its been awhile. Good times
Yeah I watched this when it was on TV and it's what immediately came to mind. I always found it pretty interesting.

OP
OP
Sölf

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I have a feeling he'd be a bigger deal if this is something he could actually do. Like if he went on some Tonight Show and did it or something. Idk, it's too unbelievable for me, but I want to believe
The video from my first post claims he disappeared after the videos was made public. If that's so he probably never wanted publicity in the first place. Who knows why he agreed to appear on film then though.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I feel so bad for Ben Underwood and his family. Cancer came back and killed him, then his little brother got shot to death at a party a few years later.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
I'm sort of a Jane's Bond figure and I can make people's clothes fall off. Like I'm riding my bike on the grass and this police woman yells "Oi! You can ride your bike on the grass!"

And I say " Oh no?"

And her clothes fall off instantly.

Ah, finally. As someone with the power to make people's clothes go back on them this looks to give my pathetic accouterments purpose. Going to nudist beaches was apparently too much of a nuisance as the lovely oceanside visitors simply, well, they couldn't get naked. I wouldn't let them. I wouldn't, no.