• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What the hair?

• I don't have facial hair and I'm growing it out

Votes: 108 12.4%
  • I don't have facial hair and I'm continuing to shave

Votes: 97 11.1%
  • I have facial hair and I'm growing it out

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • I have facial hair and I'm maintaining/trimming it

Votes: 260 29.8%
  • I have facial hair and I'm shaving it all off

Votes: 107 12.3%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
I'm keeping the beard in check. Just using a small trim guard to keep it short, and shaving the upper cheek/neck neat and clean. I only do this like once a week anyways.

I'm thinking about experimenting with my head hair, though... I might try to fade the sides and back, blend the top with a trim guard, but it may be easier said than done. If I mess up I'll just give myself a full buzz cut LOL. Looks badass anyways IDGAF I'm not going to Great Clips.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, I still feel like I need to look presentable for work video calls.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Clean shaven, always.

I'm worried about my hair though, I also shave / buzz cut it and I don't have a proper tool to do it myself now.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Giving it some thought, I might shave it all off the first of April and let it grow back in again.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
I'm literally going to shave everything off today. I have a beard because I look better with it. Since I'm not going out I'm taking the opportunity to do a full shave for the first time in years.
I'm kinda pondering this also. Have had a beard or at least stubble consistently for 4 years now, not a single full shave in all those years. Maybe it's time.

I think I'd let it grow out right after though and not shave anymore until it's all over haha

Thing is, my job requires me to be on a decent number of Skype calls so maybe I should maintain it after all... Decisions decisions!

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I shaved most of my facial hair off with a razor for the first time in 2 years. (i just trimmed with clippers before that) I tend to touch and stroke my beard, or even lick the upper lip facial hair. I do these things much less without facial hair, so I shaved it.

I hadn't seen myself clean shaven in years, so I figured now's a good time to see if I still have that baby face, too.

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I've spent the last six months cultivating what the CDC apparently calls a Bandholz. I still groom and straighten it every morning, though there's no one to see it.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Originally I was growing it out just to see what I felt like with a full beard, but it got pretty long and I got frustrated with having it there so I shaved it all off.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm growing out my goatee as long as it will go, both out of defiance and so that if I lose my job, I can sit on a mountaintop and stroke it when people ask for wisdom.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My facial hair has always been kinda patchy and shitty, but I usually let it grow anyway including now.

Oct 27, 2017
Facial hair I'm keeping trimmed but unfortunately my (increasingly thinning) hair is grown out. I look like a kewpie doll due to my recessed hairline.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I thought about growing out a beard during this time, as I'd been going clean-shaven for the past year and this was an easy opportunity to change that up. But I decided I already felt grubby enough working from home wearing sweatpants every day, and that keeping up with shaving would help counter that feeling.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
I usually shave my head and facial hair but have been growing it out since beginning of March. May 1 I will shave it all off.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Have never really tried to have facial hair before but I'm giving it a go now! Lol 3 weeks in and slowly but surely getting there. All I've heard/read is that you just need to be patient and I've never been that before, so it's kind of a fun experiment.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I have a really good electric razor. Takes me five minutes in the morning to take it out of the dock, shave off my five o'clock shadow, and be done with it.

My hair? There's no way I'd set foot into a salon even with a mask and gloves on until at least the end of April.

Max A.

Oct 27, 2017
I never had the chance to grow it out, now's the time. It's been a week and the goatee and moustache are there but the rest of the beard is pathetic... i'll never be a real man. :(

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can grow a beard but I have a single patch on my left side right by a birth mark. It kinda sucks cause I've been at it for 6 months now and I have no choice but to trim it to even it.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Going to shave when I have to go out and wear a face mask, because having a beard will make it ineffective.
Not planning on leaving the building in the next 6 months.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Mine reached about 3 weeks and started to really itch so I shaved it. I wont pass judgement on people in here but I would never grow full beard even if it didn't feel horrible

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Moderate stubble before a shave. I just look off with long stubble at some point, part death, part homeless. It's thick, not patchy but I never make it past the long stubble phase.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I tried for a week but apparently I can't grow a beard. Looked scraggly and awful so I shaved it off yesterday.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
im asian, so i grow the moustache and beard that never connects for some reason. i usually shave because it looks weird like that, but yeh im growing it all out now, or until my wife yells at me

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Not enough pics in this thread. Also, poll needs an option for "can't grow shit but I'm trying".... I'm 30.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I have to shave as I work in hospital, my hair up top is going to be crazy though. Gonna let it from than get a Bobby Brown haircut

Brandino

Avenger
Jan 9, 2018
I'm keeping my neck trimmed, but seeing how long my current beard gets before my wife starts complaning

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
Started growing my beard out since I started sheltering in place a couple of weeks ago.

But the announcement that it's been extended through May (and we'll see about that) prompted me to trim. Need to start treating this more just like normal life.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
As always, I'll be trying to go full Grizzly Adams until complaints from the wife, quite rightly, get too frequent for me to not shave.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I had been consistently shaving since the summer, now I'm just trimming with my shitty electric razor. I also got a buzzcut when I had a perfectly good, nicely done undercut hairstyle. Thanks, quarantine!

Mackenzie

Apr 21, 2019
Brighton
tumblr_mgy5zcopmx1r620rho1_400.jpg

MacReady look this year