• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you switch from PlayStation to Xbox or vice versa

• Yes

Votes: 358 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 1,166 76.5%

• Total voters

CrocoDuck

Oct 28, 2017
There is almost 0 chance of me ever going to Xbox. Been play Ps since the beginning and Xbox rarely has any games that appeal to me or many games at all compared to PS.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Of course not. PlayStation ecosystem too damn strong and I just got a Switch for quarantine.
No need for an xbox.

Joo

May 25, 2018
I've had all the Playstations except Pro. Also had the original Xbox, which had some great exclusives like Jade Empire and Ninja Gaiden. Very open to both Series X and PS5 in a sense, but I've just had no reason to buy 360 or One really. Might change with next-gen but PS has served me more than well and the games I've played the most this gen are Sony exclusives, Apex and RDR2, so PS5 basically seems like a safe bet.

I don't have enough time or probably wouldn't either way play enough for PS Now and Game Pass to make any kind of sense, so while Game Pass seems better than PS Now it doesn't really matter to me. Atm whatever would happen, I would never completely change from Playstation to Xbox, but would consider also getting XSX if it sometime in the future starts to look like a good investment.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
I'll always be open to switching. I have before. With that said though Sony would need to bring out some really interesting shit for me to drop what Microsoft has going on right now.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I just care about exclusives. Until Microsoft has a compelling line up, I don't need an Xbox.

Tomacco

Oct 27, 2017
I'll do the same as I do each gen, start with Xbox, then buy a PS used 2-3 years in, play some of the exclusives, and go back to Xbox.

With Gamepass and all the new studios, I really don't see that changing any time soon

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I'm not against buying an Xbox, I'm definitely open to it - though given their great recent PC initiatives I'm happy to keep giving them my money on Steam instead of buying an entire separate console.

But the word switching suggests exchanging one for the other. Would I stop buying PlayStation consoles in order to build up a new collection of Xbox stuff? That's a definitive no.

I enjoy Microsoft's output enough to be their regular customer on PC, but not to the point of foregoing PlayStation (or Nintendo, for that matter).

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
I would buy an Xbox if it had a big enough library of console exclusives that I care about playing

Oct 28, 2017
Excluding PC for a minute, Sony's controller design alone guarantees that PlayStation will never be a primary system for me. That said, I will probably still buy one if enough third parties put out exclusives.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I would switch to Xbox if they had the exclusives like they did in the 360 gen. It's highly unlikely as the brand just continues to get worse and worse for me. Rare making games I care about again would do the trick though, but again, unlikely given the direction everything is going in with Xbox.

TCG276

Dec 17, 2017
I stuck with the 360 and then picked up the Xbox One and then the Xbox One X. The One X is an amazing piece of hardware, but I regret not switching to PS4 this gen. I missed out on too many great PS exclusives for what was essentially brand loyalty, which, looking back, was a stupid thing to do. Especially since the majority of my friends play on PS. I'll be getting a PS5 at launch unless Sony royally screws things up, or if MS suddenly drops a ton of exclusive game reveals that blow me away. I am highly doubting either will happen.

rafiii

Feb 7, 2019
User banned (5 days): platform wars, history of platform wars, account in junior phase
I'm staying with xbox next gen. Not only their communication is crystal clear when it comes to upgrade from One to Series X, but the fact that Sony focus on making cinematic third person games means that I can watch them on Youtube for free.

I prefer the genre diversity and focus on multiplayer that Microsoft (and Nintendo) has.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
I'm strongly considering buying both but a straight ps4 to xsx conversion is definitely not an option for me.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
I will play PS exclusives but Xbox will be my main. Their hardware looks great this time.

Every generation they change gaming in a big way. Like with Xbox live, Achievements, Game Pass, Xcloud. It's hard not be a fan as a tech enthusiast.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Microsoft kind of fell off a cliff for like... 7+ years. And their latest pitch involves games that will be on PC and also their 2013 hardware. We need to see their full sales pitch, but right now it's a lock I get PS5 and whatever Nintendo makes. I'm open to Xbox as always, but their lineup hasn't been compelling for a while now.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I would switch to Xbox if they had the exclusives like they did in the 360 gen. It's highly unlikely as the brand just continues to get worse and worse for me. Rare making games I care about again would do the trick though, but again, unlikely given the direction everything is going in with Xbox.
This post is baffling to me as everything related to xbox seems to be going in the other direction.

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
I dunno every generation seems more homogenized than the last so it doesn't make sense for me to own both consoles and Microsoft haven't given me any incentive to jump ship because most of the cool things they're doing also apply to PCs so my current PS/PC setup seems like the best option for me.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I have very little reason to.

The exclusive games I want to play are on PlayStation and the random XBox exclusive that does pop up has never really swayed me. I bought a 360 way back to play Mass Effect... and there was very little to keep me playing on that console.

I'm also too heavily invested in the PS Ecosystem now.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I'd genuinely get an XSX if it had any exclusives I was interested in, even then I have a gaming PC (that I barely use for gaming) I'm considering Gamepass once I have disposable income again.

I think Gamepass is great!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I'm not really sure what Microsoft could do to make me buy an Xbox. All of their games are on PC.

If they made all their games Xbox exclusives again, sold the console for significantly cheaper than the PS5, and improved their first party output to match Sony's in quality and variety, then there would be a non-zero chance that I'd at least consider one before getting a PS5.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Never supporting a Microsoft console after this gen. They have been poor this gen and last gen rrod was a big issue for me as well ditching consoles before generation ends is annoying.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I haven't stuck with one or the another exclusively, I've just bought any console that has more than a few games I'm interested in that can't be played on hardware I already own. Some generations that means I have as many as three competitor's consoles.

This generation's was the first where I skipped an Xbox offering. Whether I do so again is 100% down to the games that wind up coming out, or that I have reason to believe will come. The final couple of years of the 360 and the generation currently winding down haven't inspired confidence. would like nothing more than to see that change, but I'm not planning on gambling on the outcome. I'll believe it when I see it.

In short: I care about the hardware only to the extent that it actually enables enjoyable gameplay experiences.

Last edited:

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
I've been with PlayStation from the beginning. I wouldn't switch however i would consider buying an Xbox if they released consistently good exclusive games. They have yet to do that. Nintendo and Sony give me a reason to buy their consoles, MS doesn't

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I used to have only Xbox. Now that I play on PC primarily, I probably will only get a Playstation this go around for the exclusives. Haven't used my Xbox in ages.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Have all of them do I don't need to switch I guess. But going for usage. I have used the switch the least.

guill

Nov 14, 2017
Nah dont think so, I jumped from a 64 to a ps2, we were kinda poor back then and consoles were really expensive back then, when I saved enough I bought an arcade 360 because you could pirate the games, console died on me after year and a half, bought a second one to replace it as we were mid gen, motherfucker died too.

After that I just got a ps3 that I found cheap and never looked back, also I dont work well having multiple consoles, pc and playstation and Im good.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I usually end up owning all the consoles, but I typically have chosen one as my main console for that gen. This decision will likely be based on two things. The hardware and the first year software lineup. So I'm very eager to see what games are going to be announced in the coming months as that will help me lock in my decision.

Romez

Nov 11, 2017
No because I can't play the sequels to Spider Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us 2 and God of War on Xbox.

I've loved everything I've seen so far about the Series X though.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not against switching. I went from 360 to PS4 and in 2018 I switched back to Xbox. If Sony turned psnow into a serious alternative to game pass I'd consider it but that doesn't seem likely. They've been very successful with their traditional business model so I don't expect any radical shifts in the way Sony delivers games. Or maybe they'll surprise us.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Naw. Xbox games dont really do it for me. That could change with new acquisitions and proper fostering, maybe, but it's been this way since they got in the business, and I remain skeptical. While Sony's 1st party just seems to get better and better.

Oct 30, 2017
Sony first party studios are among my favourites in the industry.. their exclusives what makes me prefer Sony over their competitions.

So no won't switch from PlayStation to another consoles.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
I've owned all Sony and MS consoles but this gen I stuck with xb1 and pc . Gamepass and play anywhere are the biggest reasons for that and I doubt that will change for me next gen .

Having all the consoles is too much to keep up with so next gen will probably just be XSX and PC

SaintJonathan

Jun 5, 2018
Eh, I've always gone xbox first. I do plan on buying a PS5 though eventually. Probably in a few years with the first price drop.

Morgan J

Oct 26, 2017
I can switch, no probs but it depends on , price, games, Dolby uhd support, which is better for the environment. But I have to say that that gamepass is sure temping to keep me in the ecosystem, and that all my former games will get HDR support.

I will probably buy both at the end.

Oct 30, 2017
But you only stick with one console? You don't even entertain the thought of having both? I can't imagine only having one or the other. Have to have both.
If I owned an Xbox One I would have maybe owned 2 games for the entire generation.

My backlog of PS4 games is still so big that I really don't have time to be seeking out whatever unique gems are available on Xbox.