• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

People who got GamePass for Gears 5 in September. Did you renew?

• Affirmative

Votes: 146 54.9%
  • Negative

Votes: 120 45.1%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see what retention rates look like on Era.

I know I stuck around for The Outer Worlds. And today's announcements made me even more excited for the future of Microsoft GamePass!

What about you?

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
for some reason, i didn't, and they offered me to resub for 1 dollar, as if i as a new user again, so it was a no brainer.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
I've had gamepass since it was in preview. My sub is good through next Nov, but damn would it be nice to get that 3 month deal for $1.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
The deal is good but once I went through the ones I cared about it, I realized how poor the PC games are. Gears 5 disappointed me greatly but I fell in love with smaller titles like Steamworld Dig 2 and others like Outer Worlds. I think Gamepass is great but at least on PC it's far from the future of games.
I was more skeptical of the games I played since I got them for so cheap, if they didn't grab me, I'd uninstall immediately. Happened to Shadow of War and Metro.
Also, the app sucks.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I subbed for a buck to play Metro: Exodus, then I got a couple free months from Alienware and played Gears5 and The Outer Worlds.

For now though, I am done. My pass expires next week.

I might sub again in future for another AAA/AA single-player game, because in Canada, prices are insane. Wasteland 3 looks good.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
did not renew. one thing gamepass made me realize is that i actually prefer to own my games. I ended up buying outer worlds.

Nov 4, 2017
I got GP on PC for $1 mainly for TOW, with the intention of playing Gears 5 if I have time. I will abstain from voting in the poll, since Gears wasn't my main pull so I don't want to muddy the waters.

I did not have time to play Gears 5, and will not be renewing. I have a toddler and a bunch of other hobbies/commitments, so I just don't get enough time at my PC for a gaming sub to feel "worth it". I'd feel like I'm wasting money all the time.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
I took advantage of the 3 months of Ultimate for $1 promo that just came out, so technically I renewed it, I guess.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
I just subbed to the $1 trial price and downloaded every single game that interested me (about 20) on PC. Finished a few, gears and outer worlds included. I am currently on state of decay 2 and if I renew it i think it will be because of forza which i am really enjoying and can see myself playing off and on for a long while.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, since I knew Outer Worlds would be on there next month. Will probably keep it if it continues to have new releases like this

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes... and now that I'm more or less done with Gears 5 I was thinking of dropping game-pass but then they just went and announced Halo Reach and well now I have to see that on PC.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
When I originally subbed during the Gold > Ultimate offer, I wasn't planning on keeping it, but now I don't see why I wouldn't. They keep adding recent games. I mean, for example I was going to buy RAGE 2 on Black Friday, and now I don't have to, and I can instead buy the DLCs if I like the base game.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Why would you not want a stream of great games for an amazing price?

I wish I had an Xbox.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
I just subbed to the $1 trial price and downloaded every single game that interested me (about 20) on PC. Finished a few, gears and outer worlds included. I am currently on state of decay 2 and if I renew it i think it will be because of forza which i am really enjoying and can see myself playing off and on for a long while.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I had already got 2 years for $50 during e3 so i was good. Anecdotally a few of my friends kept it on pc for the outer worlds

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Resubbed for outer worlds but am gonna let it lapse now. Gonna let some new titles build up before subbing again. I feel like the value proposition sharply declines for past users who have already tried/uninterested in the 100 game back catalogue.

Need to wait a few months so that most of those 100 games are new to the service.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Outer Worlds at the moment so yes, I am still subscribed. Will keep it like that for a while too.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
subscribed for outer worlds, already cancelled so it doesn't get renewed. Don't see the point unless I actually want to play something on the service.

MS makes it easy to turn off auto subscribe.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I took advantage of that weird $1 a month conversion deal during E3, so I'm subbed until November 2021.

Been good having it so far. Love how it's on PC as well, currently playing Outer Worlds on there thanks to Game Pass.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got 3 months for 5 bucks and still have about a month left. I will probably not be renewing until more games I want to play accumulate, unless I can renew for a buck or whatever.

Gears slightly disappointed me, Outer Worlds were ok but also hoped for meatier game.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Yep. It's a great service and I've got no intention of dropping it anytime soon with what MS have revealed is coming up.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I let it lapsed one month after Gears 5. Then signed up again this month for Outer Worlds. Will let that lapse until whatever their next big 1st party game is.

Oct 28, 2017
Of course not. I never do. With Gamepass I get one of the cheap deals on it when there's a big release coming out then drop it.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
I did, but think I've hit the limit on what I actually find interesting/worth playing on the platform.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I got the $1 trial for my PC for the Outer Worlds. Considering its just $5 per month, its one heck of a deal.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly with these subscription services (including ps now); if there is ever a game I want to play, i'll check if its available on one of the services and 'rent' it out for a month.

I already do this with video streaming services.

Damien1928

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't, I think the service was incredible, thought gears 5 wasn't that great but really enjoyed Blair Witch

I didn't sub purely due to the fact I just don't have the time to play as much as Games Pass offers

It was overwhelming.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
Got the 2 months for 2 bucks ultimate deal, let it renew to finish the Outer Worlds, will probably switch over to regular PC game pass after this month.