• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pepsi or Coke?

• Pepsi

Votes: 91 21.5%
  • Coke

Votes: 299 70.5%
  • RC Cola

Votes: 27 6.4%
  • Shasta

Votes: 7 1.7%

• Total voters

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
i have a preference but no hate for the other, but i can understand it in others.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People get very defensive about the brands they arbitrarily chose as children

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
Hate is a strong word, but they are very different, so I'm not sure how you can't understand that one might like one and dislike the other.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Pepsi just flat out isn't as good as coke. And that's a pun on my part too because Pepsi goes flat literally 10 minutes after a fan or bottle is open.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
I don't hate either but they taste quite different. Not terribly shocking someone would like one and not the other.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck both sugar filled versions, and diet Pepsi.

Give me Coke Zero or Pepsi Max and I'm happy. But yeah, they taste real different.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I don't hate Pepsi but it also tastes nothing like Coke - it's closer to the generic cola flavour you find in store brands. It's why waiters always sound apologetic when they answer you with "Is Pepsi okay?" They know you're going to have to make a sacrifice.

Oct 27, 2017
Pepsi is too sweet to me.

Not that it matters either way though, cause I don't drink caffeine any more, so I don't have a dog in this fight.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
pepsi fuckin' sucks dude

respect to those who can stand it

tango is better than both

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer pepsi, but the desicion was made for me because I cant drink coke because it upsets my stomach for some reason. Among my friends/family my preference of pepsi is pretty much a running joke. But I dont really feel anything if you prefer one or the other.

Sowrong

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'll drink both because I love soda, but coke is clearly special, Pepsi is just a soda.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I prefer coke but I'm not going to storm out of the restaurant if they serve Pepsi. I also usually buy whatever is on sale at the grocery store so it's whatever really.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
People get very defensive about the brands they arbitrarily chose as children

What's arbitrary about it? They taste different. I have nothing against Coke as a brand, but I don't like Coca-Cola. Hell, I used to have a Coca-Cola T-shirt that I loved.

Does brand loyalty explain why I don't like red grapes, but do like green grapes?

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I agree OP. People are too picky. Also, if anyone dropped what they currently drink and switched, after a week or so they would like they new drink and dislike the old one.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I drink Coke and not Pepsi because Pepsi tastes like shit.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I drink a lot of Coke comparatively but would not turn Pepsi down or anything. But I always just default to Coke.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't drink much soda, but it's Coke when I do. Pepsi tastes like sweet flat Coke. I'll drink it if that's what's available, but would much rather have the good stuff.

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
I grew up with both. My parents loved Coke and my Nana loved Pepsi. I prefer Coke over Pepsi. I have to be in the mood for Pepsi. It also has to be super cold. Coke I can drink room temp.

Oct 25, 2017
I dislike all dark soda. Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi. I don't think they all taste the same, but I definitely couldn't say how they're different.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like saying they taste very different is absolutely an exaggeration. They taste different, sure, but ultimately it's just a sugary fizzy drink that sort of has a flavour hidden under being overly sweet. That said I prefer Pepsi

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's arbitrary about it? They taste different. I have nothing against Coke as a brand, but I don't like Coca-Cola. Hell, I used to have a Coca-Cola T-shirt that I loved.

Does brand loyalty explain why I don't like red grapes, but do like green grapes?

I think they're similar enough that having to drink one over the other shouldn't elicit anger. When one says "I love Coke but Pepsi is disgusting" that's most certainly coming from a place of brand loyalty.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Pepsi is a punishment hoisted on humanity for our hubris and greed. Suitable only for descaling toilets.

While Coke is a cool breeze from heaven and the only real reason to keep living.

Edit: Though I must also say Jarritos Mexican Cola is also extremely delicious.

Last edited: