• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Pizza Hut depends on the location. Like Burger King, I don't love it, but I know the taste of a Whopper. I'll want a pan pizza every once in a while, or try out some weird bullshit promo.

Their wings aren't terrible either. The new store mall locations are usually lesser quality I find though.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but it's a cheap buffet. Was great in college. Haven't been since.

Those cinnamon rolls might as well be crack.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
its at "avoid"

DVRdC9sXcAAlRfS.jpg

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Everything else from them isn't that bad though. Maybe that's why they dropped pizza from the name.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I feel like I'm a crazy person when people say Domino's is good when no, it was good, but then people complained about the crust and so they made the sauce almost sickeningly sweet and just threw a bunch of butter on the crust which makes it taste "better" because you can throw butter on anything to improve the taste but it didn't solve the issue. I can't even eat it or Pizza Hut anymore because the sauce for both has been made so damn sweet.

When I was young, Domino's was actually pretty solid. Around here we have Papa Gino's, so normally that was the go to.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
All chain pizza is shit.

I feel bad for people who don't grow up on the north east where a nice slice of NY style is always close by.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I heard Cicis pizza was bad in the same way people would rag on Arbys. Arbys is actually great (if you avoid their beef and cheddar), so I was expecting Cicis to surprise me.. and it kinda did. It was ok. Certainly worth the price of admission, and the garlic bread they had was legitimately delicious, but it was way ahead of lots of local chains here, at least when you go pound-for-pound (or more specifically dollar-for-dollar)

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Pizza hut's is ok, but I think there is a reason they only do it 3 hours a day

They still do their pizza lunch buffets? But yeah, they only do it for a few hours because of costs, not that Pizza Hut uses top end ingredients or anything but I'm willing to bet their pizzas cost more to make than CiCi's. Plus on the most obvious end, they make more from people actually buying a whole pizza than if they were just buying it for their buffet.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
NY has the worst pizza per square mile though. $1 pizza shit slices for days.

Give me some CT.
Get out of here with your garbage alternative facts.

Though I will say in my experience the best NY style is definitely not in manhattan anymore. Shit got priced out. Luckily Jersey is still jam packed with pizza joints (also garbage and strip malls).

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
NO this is false.

The first time I went it made me nauseous, but the 2nd time I came around a bit on it. It's not great pizza, but for the price it's not the worst and on top of that those cinnamon desserts are gooooooooood. Elios is the worst, followed by Little Caesars.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Nothing's worse than Walmart deli pizza. The pizza you got from your middle-school's cafeteria is better by virtue of not being smothered in parmisian.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Get out of here with your garbage alternative facts.

Though I will say in my experience the best NY style is definitely not in manhattan anymore. Shit got priced out. Luckily Jersey is still jam packed with pizza joints (also garbage and strip malls).

It's true! When I lived in NY, it was prior to the smart phone boom. Basically you relied on local opinions, which were all shit more often than not.

I honestly couldn't remember the best pizza I had in NY. There was a good place in Yonkers, but after that I just got Domino's and late eats.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
I went to CiCis once with my brother thinking "hey Pizza Buffet" and even if it had been mediocre it would have been worth it.

It wasn't mediocre.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
In a world where Chuck E. Cheese and Stevie B's exists, no. But I do have fond memories of watch muted Nicktoons Network shows with captions at Cici's.

Oct 25, 2017
Their Alfredo pizza was amazing as a kid/teen,
as long as you didn't mind the gas it caused everyone that ate it.

In a world where Chuck E. Cheese and Stevie B's exists, no. But I do have fond memories of watch muted Nicktoons Network shows with captions at Cici's.
Chuck E Cheese had some damn good pizza back in the day(obviously talking lower tier pizzas)

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
It's true! When I lived in NY, it was prior to the smart phone boom. Basically you relied on local opinions, which were all shit more often than not.

I honestly couldn't remember the best pizza I had in NY. There was a good place in Yonkers, but after that I just got Domino's and late eats.
The one good thing about chain pizza is that they deliver.

Thats the only good thing I can say about it.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I enjoy cici's, I'm sure there stuff can be bad like any buffet place if it sits out for too long.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I rather go out of my way to pick up to be honest. I was in Brooklyn too, so it was all over the place in good choices.
I am the same way.

Now NY Style is factually the best kind of pizza. But for some reason the restaurants where the best slices are served have not been updated since the 50s and the lighting and decor are always shit.

Take out solves that but I understand not everyone is willing to get up or move for their food.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I remember during my senior year of high school my best friend at the time LoZR and I would drive to the next town over, stuff ourselves absolutely full from CiCi's buffet, then go to the movie theater next door and play DDR until we ran out of change. Almost every Sunday. Those were good times.

CiCi's is trash

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I had Cici's once. I remember it being pretty bad.

Little Caesar's is the worst chain pizza store IMO. I got one of those $5 hot n' ready pizzas and I had 1 1/2 slices and had to stop.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Papa John's falls into my "What do they do?".

Bread, wings, pizza, cheese sticks. It's all bad. Just about every store has closed in my area since being introduced in the mid-00s.
Wings from a pizza place will always be a losing propsition. Having work at a pizza place i will testify to that.
Cici's doesn't even qualify as pizza.

Admittedly, "Cici's Shitty baked garbage" is a bad name for a restaurant chain.
Classic Tobor

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Sams' Club pizza is always almost burned on the outside, almost undercooked on the inside on every Sam's I have visited in Mexico. Is it the same in the US?

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Wings from a pizza place will always be a losing propsition. Having work at a pizza place i will testify to that.
Classic Tobor

Papa Gino's actually has pretty decent wings.

On another note, it's rare to find many places doing great wings in general. I put it on the same tier as hot dogs. You find a few places near you that either do it right or wrong.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
CiCi's is where my family went a couple times back in the mid 2000s.

My mom and I went there two years ago for the first time in what seemed like a decade and the people in there looked like they had been through some serious shit. It was expensive, too.

The food taste like cafeteria pizza and looked like fake demonstration food.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Papa Gino's actually has pretty decent wings.

On another note, it's rare to find many places doing great wings in general. I put it on the same tier as hot dogs. You find a few places near you that either do it right or wrong.
I am spoiled for choice for cheap and good wings. There is a lot hole in the wall joints that do them. And half the Chinese places will give you a pan full for 5 bucks

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been to a sports stadium in nearly 20 years, but the last time I was at a Pistons game the Hungry Howie's pizza was literally a baked flatbread with generic sauce and partially frozen cheese. It was not authentic and eating the box seemed more desirable. Cici's is way better than that shut I ate impersonating a Hungry Howie's pie.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is the only place I know that had a prize machine where you could've won either a Nintendo DS or PSP.