• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Post?

• About the same

Votes: 764 51.4%
  • Way more active

Votes: 229 15.4%
  • Much less active

Votes: 492 33.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Voted way less active. There's no fun threads, no meltdowns, no running gags or memes created here. We're still bringing up the old "japan time", "colored figures fucking", "i thought the earphones were plugged" etc jokes.
This forum is very progressive for most topics, but ultimately the kind of threads you get are mostly being angry at something bad that happened, and that kind of shit eventually bums you out. There's no fun, only bad news, boycotts, rage mobs. And unlike the old place there's no room for error. Either you go 100% with what moderation thinks is right or you're automatically banned.

On the other hand, Neogaf has become such a cesspool that it's either this or nothing. Still not happy though.
I miss the good old days on GAF, it used to be so much fun. It's really not the same here, like you have to watch your every steps, but still way better than what GAF is now, so whatever, I mostly lurk.
I really do think that the current administration and their behavior has everyone worn and beaten down, generally causing a more irritable and short-fused demeanor. I hope things will lighten up once things change for the better. The 2016 election and beyond has scorched the outlook of many, but I don't think it's permanent.

we do get "fun" threads any now and then. That angry mario one was pretty ok

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are we afraid of saying Neogaf? Shit ain't Voldemort.
It's got nothing to do with fear.
I really do think that the current administration and their behavior has everyone worn and beaten down, generally causing a more irritable and short-fused demeanor. I hope things will lighten up once things change for the better. The 2016 election and beyond has scorched the outlook of many, but I don't think it's permanent.

we do get "fun" threads any now and then. That angry mario one was pretty ok
Nah. It's not going to end when those cunts leave.

The damage that been done, will last at least another generation.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Way better, probably because my account there was only approved very shortly before things went bad. Took FOREVER to get my account approved and that was after being rejected the first time for using my personal domain as my email, as opposed to an institutional account. Ridiculous.

zenspider

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I got banned here for "arguing in bad faith". This whole place is a conversation in bad faith.

It's a shame, becuase if you really feel GAF is worse than here, you can come back and make it better. I don't think than can happen here - I don't think I could come back here.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got banned here for "arguing in bad faith". This whole place is a conversation in bad faith.

It's a shame, becuase if you really feel GAF is worse than here, you can come back and make it better. I don't think than can happen here - I don't think I could come back here.
You honestly believe you can make GAF better ?

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Voted way less active. There's no fun threads, no meltdowns, no running gags or memes created here. We're still bringing up the old "japan time", "colored figures fucking", "i thought the earphones were plugged" etc jokes.
This forum is very progressive for most topics, but ultimately the kind of threads you get are mostly being angry at something bad that happened, and that kind of shit eventually bums you out. There's no fun, only bad news, boycotts, rage mobs. And unlike the old place there's no room for error. Either you go 100% with what moderation thinks is right or you're automatically banned.

On the other hand, Neogaf has become such a cesspool that it's either this or nothing. Still not happy though.

I miss the good old days on GAF, it used to be so much fun. It's really not the same here, like you have to watch your every steps, but still way better than what GAF is now, so whatever, I mostly lurk.

I tend to agree with this. There is a lot less fun threads and overall the moderation is way too harsh. Banning people isn't always the answer and doesn't necessarily make for better discussion.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
How so ?

Ain't that the truth. I've rarely been given a warning. It's just a ban.

I've never actually been banned but I just find you can tell how it stifles discussion and leads to most people only posting the same thing and being afraid to go against the grain at all.

I'm not sure why the warning system is even in place if the moderation is going to be so harsh.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'd say it's pretty much the same. I was never very active though. Most threads that interest me I usually come to late, so anything I'd wanted to say has usually been said already.
I'm not one to just repeat stuff in that case. Maybe sometimes. :P

zenspider

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

For me, the idea of a safe space isn't a place where nobody's feelings get hurt, but a place we can play with dynamite, and we all know the dangers going in but are looking to see where we can go if we blast through some shit.

GAF has been a place I can do that. I don't have to modulate. I want to push back against bad ideas, and I want that pushback on mine own.

Sometimes I also want to talk about games in a sandbox from politics, because that's how they feature in my life.

Sometimes I want to have a real conversation about politics in games, and not just rattle off approved talking points to the similar minded.

I miss so many smart, interesting, and engaging people from here, but I feel the environment is just stifling to sharing thoughts.

It's not perfect, but I think the slogan "be the change you want to be" applies here. I need to be making more content, more threads, engaging more. Here, I feel like it's minefield and every letter I type is just increasing the risk of ban.

JJAwiiu

Oct 27, 2017
I don't post much in general, either at the old place or here. Just not my personality I guess. I mainly enjoy reading about video game news and opinions and can find myself satisfied just by browsing. However with the off-topic forum here, "Etcetera," sometimes something is said that I find so outlandish that I have to chime in, very much aware it could earn me a ban. Therefore I try to avoid participating in the OT ERA, but the video game section still seems cool though.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I hate what they became
Even the layout sucks
This sites much better
I also don't like being racist, and i mentally can't block politics out of anything. Politics are everywhere, and being ignorant of them to talk about toys, well, I can't do it

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Threads like these tend to eventually lead to cross-forum drama

Status
Not open for further replies.