• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Post?

• About the same

Votes: 764 51.4%
  • Way more active

Votes: 229 15.4%
  • Much less active

Votes: 492 33.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm much less active. But that's because I have a lot more responsibility at work that doesn't give me as much time as I used to have to browse and contribute to threads here.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
used to be, posting meant something.. now it seems that's all gone away, I'm afraid. what does it all mean? i don't know.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Leaning towards less. I browse everyday; but there's just so much negativity and hostility here. Everything has to be serious business, joke threads instantly get shut down because they "ran their course," this place really just seems like a bunch of people looking for fights.

There was a lot of awful, awful stuff at the tail-end of Gaf; but there were also legendary, hilarious threads in the earlier years to offset the constant hostility. The only thread I can think of here was that epic crayfish one. The combativeness of this place just gets really exhausting.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leaning towards less. I browse everyday; but there's just so much negativity and hostility here. Everything has to be serious business, joke threads instantly get shut down because they "ran their course," this place really just seems like a bunch of people looking for fights.

There was a lot of awful, awful stuff at the tail-end of Gaf; but there were also legendary, hilarious threads in the earlier years to offset the constant hostility. The only thread I can think of here was that epic crayfish one. The combativeness of this place just gets really exhausting.
Don't forget the Bayblade and Pentagod threads.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Less here. Heck if be way more active over there if they had the same traffic.

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
I have the same activity there and here. But overall I'm less active there. The people in the politics section are largely idiots. The liberals get banned because they make comments about the owner being biased, which is true.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course why wouldn't I? But I'll admit it's only once every couple months.
Yeah it's pretty bad over there. Like I said it's rare, and usually only happens if era is offline.
Sooo. You know what it's like, and yet you still participate ?
gNmCrlX.gif

The Deer Thread, I get tears of laughter in my eyes to this day.
I don't remember that one. Sorry.
Can we just say "Neogaf"?
I prefer Neo-Nazi Gaf. But whichever you prefer.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Sooo. You know what it's like, and yet you still participate ?
gNmCrlX.gif

I don't remember that one. Sorry.

I prefer Neo-Nazi Gaf. But whichever you prefer.

Because I know who I am. I participate in a discussion anywhere if it's something I can tolerate.

Only thing differs is moderation and both sites swing too wild in one direction.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Much less active. This place is just different I guess. I also have more responsibility in my day to day than I did 2 years ago so there's that.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Far less active. This place has never really felt like home as that place did. Then again I was there for like 18 years.

Deleted member 55795

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Less active here than I am there. Only a handful of liberals are left there so I brush up on my Nazi bashing skills. Had to take a break after the brock turner thread were rape was being defended.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because I know who I am. I participate in a discussion anywhere if it's something I can tolerate.
I also try to participate in discussions as well, but not with people who think that a openly bigoted. (and i'm not just talking about diet racists) Because what's there to discuss ? How they think i'm less then them ?
Only thing differs is moderation and both sites swing too wild in one direction.
You really think the only difference between this place and Gaf is the moderation ? 😬
This place has never really felt like home as that place did.
Same. And i don't enjoy saying that.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I also try to participate in discussions as well, but not with people who think that a openly bigoted. (and i'm not just talking about diet racists) Because what's there to discuss ? How they think i'm less then them ?

You really think the only difference between this place and Gaf is the moderation ? 😬

Same. And i don't enjoy saying that.

The conversations are the same but squelching the conversation is different, yes.

Had isn't better than here right now, in fact it's a lot worse. Because the "free speech" that's tolerated over there is pretty fucking ridiculous. But here if you don't fall in line you're immediately banned.

Obviously the language differs wildly and for the worse there, but the moderation here is way too overbearing.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only am because I stopped getting involved in threads that would get me banned >.>
I don't. And yet i haven't been perm'd, yet. That's why i feel you're wrong on that score.

I know you don't know me, or give a shit about anything i have to say (after all, why would you) but please think about not posting there anymore. Don't give them the legitimacy. They're beneath contempt.

They need people like you, more than you need them.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I don't. And yet i haven't been perm'd, yet. That's why i feel you're wrong on that score.

I know you don't know me, or give a shit about anything i have to say (after all, why would you) but please think about not posting there anymore. Don't give them the legitimacy. They're beneath contempt.

They need people like you, more than you need them.

Right, and I do give a shit what people say. But I can't condemn everyone for what some (most) believe in. And to give an actual estimate to my activity over there, it's probably 3 posts in 2 years.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right, and I do give a shit what people say. But I can't condemn everyone for what some (most) believe in. And to give an actual estimate to my activity over there, it's probably 3 posts in 2 years.
I understand that. But anyone still posting there knowing what it's like, makes them (and you, i'm sorry to say) complicit in their vile bigotry. Your 3 posts, are 3 too many.

Please please, think about logging out and never going to there again. As you're providing them with legitimacy, they don't deserve.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Less here, I think? I'm not entirely sure. I think I was more combative over there, and my early time here. More bigots to be triggered by then, plus I'm older and more tired now.

Social media trends and technology, along with a less ambiguous political landscape, pretty much guarantees that a traditional forum like the old Neogaf can't exist. I'm ok with that. With what was happening with ownership and mods, I can't say I'm nostalgic over it. If I'd been aware of certain things that had occured before I'd joined, I probably wouldn't have posted there at all.

I just wish it crashed and burned completely rather than turning into the shambling Nazi infested corpse of a forum it was last I'd seen it.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I'm here just as much but post way less. I think I was at almost ten a day there. Sometimes I go days without saying anything here. Most likely because I post waaaaay less in political topics.

dred

Oct 27, 2017

I feel this, man. I don't remember the old place in its prime being nearly this hostile, but I'm afraid it's just a product of the times.

I joined the old place in 2011. I don't have any desire to post there now but I am definitely nostalgic for those days. I had a lot of fun in the OT's for stuff like Dark Souls, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Tactics Ogre PSP...

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018

Kind of in the same boat. Era is often stuffy and oppressively nihilistic. I wouldn't go posting over at GAF anymore on account of what it's become, but this ain't exactly what I envisioned Era would be two years ago either. The optimism and good feels of those first couple months got snuffed out pretty fast.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am a lot more active. It seems like people are generally more friendly here. The moderation isn't as strict or random, either, so it's easier to have open and honest conversations without worrying about being banned for some random reason. Like, when I am banned here, I get it. I was usually being stupid or just posting dumb threads. But at the old place? You never knew. Some of the ban messages there didn't make any sense.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
People who were previously banned, people from hate sites and other anti liberal places joined Gaf during the exodus when they were just accepting anyone who put in a request to join. It's turned it into a trash fire of a forum.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
A lot less

There seems to be fewer threads that appeal to me, perhaps that's because of what is popular now is not my kind of thing, I don't know?

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Back there I mostly hanged around in community threads I think? Sadly, I do that way less now - probably due to Discord? Although I post more in the general forums and I guess a bit more overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.