• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nuts in your chocolately sweets?

• I do this crime

Votes: 369 48.2%
  • Not today, Satan

Votes: 397 51.8%

• Total voters

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Some people are crazy. Nuts are amazing. It's the best thing to have in any kind of cookie/cake/pastry. Pistachios. Mmmm.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Shit's gross. Nothing is worse than biting into a nice looking cookie or brownie and getting mouth molested by a walnut or some shit. They fuck up the texture and taste.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They want you to buy the bars with nuts in them, because the profit margin is greater than that of plain chocolate bars. Assuming it's good chocolate in the first place, that is.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
TzS8G4V.png

sorry, but lol

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The only time I accept nuts in chocolate is a Snickers or Baby Ruth. Everything else is a spawn of satan.

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
I feel bad for people with nut allergies (and would actively find out who has an allergy so I would not make something that would affect them), anyone else, just deal with the nuts, they're great!

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, you people haven't ever tasted anything like Nocciolato, Gianduia, or even fucking Nutella?

Every day we stray further from god's light.
And god, in this instance, is hazelnut chocolate.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nuts in smooth food like brownies/cookies are fucking evil.

Literally ruin the smooth texture.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, you people haven't ever tasted anything like Nocciolato, Gianduia, or even fucking Nutella?

Every day we stray further from god's light.
And god, in this instance, is hazelnut chocolate.
Nutella tastes great its just when you start sticking grounded up nuts in a smooth, juicy brownie that's an issue. Breaks up the amazing texture and distracts from the flavor.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
ITS AT 50/50.

SENDING POWERFUL VIBES TO THE NUTS. IT SHOULD WORK, ERA IS FULL OF NUTS!

CAPTIALIZING LETTERS INCREASES POWER.

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nutella tastes great its just when you start sticking grounded up nuts in a smooth, juicy brownie that's an issue. Breaks up the amazing texture and distracts from the flavor.
blocchetto-venchi-nocciolato-latte-150-gr.jpg

Aaand i'm hungry now.

I've seen someone post about walnuts or pistachios, yeah, that shit is niche once in a while. But hazelnuts...

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
WRONG. White macadamia chewy cookies are god-tier.

BXKlOKu.jpg

However, I too, have found the haphazard deployment of nuts in desserts to be somewhat counterproductive at times.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you have an allergy, this is an opinion issue and you shouldn't be this mad about something so trivial.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Nuts, KitKats, Reese's, Hershey's, m&Ms, etc, etc. And no one scoffs at my brownies, no one. Live a little, love a little.

You haven't truly lived and loved until you try my macadamia walnut Reese's Pieces cranberry brownies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Brownies already have the perfect texture. People who add nuts or chocolate chips to them deserve to starve.

Also yes I did used to have a nut and peanut allergy.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Putting nuts in brownies is a fucking crime and upsets me. I like nuts and I like brownies but not together.

Oct 31, 2017
You have my sword OP! Nothing worse than biting into a delicious looking cookie/brownie/dessert item only to discover some form of nut is casually contained within.

Nuts pretty much ruin brownies IMO.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like I go out of my way to have sweets with nuts in them but I think they are intended for a more sophisticated palate so I can see how they'd be controversial here. :trollface:

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I hate this shit lol. Nothing worse than biting in to a brownie only to find nuts in the middle. Stop ruining my baked sweets people!

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its perfectly split. We should split humanity into two different groups, nuts and nuttless.

Wait a second.....

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
It's not like I go out of my way to have sweets with nuts in them but I think they are intended for a more sophisticated palate so I can see how they'd be controversial here. :trollface:

ITS IS CRIMINAL TO EAT YOUR OWN.

OR SO SOCIETY TELLS YOU.

AS A NUT WHO ENJOYS EATING NUTS.

IGNORE SOCIETY.

EDIT: STILL AT 50%. I AM SENDING NUT POWER. WE SHALL WIN.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brownies are good with walnuts

My favorite cookie is a goey white chocolate macadamia

Almond chicken at Chinese restaurants

Nuts a great on their own.

But if they dissapreared over night, I probably would be indifferent about it

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brownies are good with walnuts

My favorite cookie is a goey white chocolate macadamia

Almond chicken at Chinese restaurants

Nuts a great on their own.

But if they dissapreared over night, I probably would be indifferent about it

No peanut butter? No peanut noodles? No pralines? No wasabi-soy almonds?