• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
How long have you been with your s/o? Married for almost 17 years.
How often do you see each other? Just about every day for 17 years, obvs.
About how many times a week do you have sex? Generally once on the weekends, sometime every other weekend.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
12 times a week on average. Some weeks we have sex a lot and relax on the weekends, some weeks it's the reverse, and some weeks we just go nonstop.

But we're both 22 so lmao

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
26, she's 24. She moved three+ hours away for job and I visit twice a month if I can afford the trips. Sex maybe once a trip I guess. I have low testosterone and other hormone problems, so I dont get in the mood much anymore.

Btw 5 years together and engaged

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Married with 3 kids, all younger than 4. Usually squeeze in about 1-2 times per week, especially if we're both up late and can't sleep, or if we both wake up early. Sometimes we'll get a sitter just so we can eat in peace and have sex.

It's tough when you have a family, but we both go out of our way to keep each other feeling important. Physical affection helps keep that drive alive, and it also has the bonus of the kids seeing the genuine care and emulating it. Every married couple with kids should do as much as possible to set aside a little time just for each other, no kids if possible.

About 8-10 times a week. Married 10 years together 14. First kid in the way, I am expecting changes.

There will be, but as long as you two prioritize time for each other, the drive will stay alive. Don't be afraid to call a parent or an extremely trusted friend or family member to babysit if you feel you need the time for each other.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Married, 2 children and both work full time.
We go at it around twice a week, sometime more, sometimes less dependent on how hectic it is.

Some of you guys are freaks haha. 14 times, holy shit!

Been together for about a year
around once or twice a week
I'm 30, she's 27
I just don't have the drive I once did
Any suggestions?

Entirely normal. Nothing to worry about dude.

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
Been togetger 2 years and some months with my BF. We see each other 3-4 times a week.
.....so 3-4 times a week.

Nov 17, 2017
Been together a year.

See each other 2 to 3 times a week.

Sex is once a week but sometimes less. 3-4 times a month, I would say especially since we don't usually have sex when she's on her period.

Personally would prefer to have it 2-3 times a week but our libidos are mismatched.

To add some needed context. We both live in New Orleans and from what I gathered from traveling, New Orleans is far less prude from other cities, by like, a lot. Maybe it's a culture thing because my group of friends and her sister seem to be as active as we are.
I'm confused how being less prude would make a couple have more sex than normal. Like a couple having sex 4 times a week versus your 14 probably doesn't have a problem with being prude. Are you saying people from New Orleans just fuck like rabbits? haha

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Been with my girlfriend for 2 years, i'm 26 and she's 27, we tend to have sex once or twice a week. We'd like to do it more but we both work the same schedule for the most part and always come home tired so it's been a lot harder to find time to actually do it.

Our first 6 months together we were so sleep deprived from having sex so often that we had to kind of slow down for our health. I mean we were doing it maybe 12-15 times a week, so often that we broke her bad within the first 3 months of being together lol Her libido is much higher than mines so I had to tell her that we were doing it too much and it was starting to become all we did in our free time which wasn't healthy. I think it's important to find a healthy balance between enjoying each other's presence and having sex.

Last edited:

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly mismatched libidos. So a few times a year. You get used to it.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
My answer is somewhat complicated, being polyamorous and on the asexual spectrum(though I may simply be demisexual or something else, considering...). I've classically been averse to intercourse, but I've tried to keep my partners happy. Though I've had a number of relationships over the years, I can count the number I've had intercourse with on one hand.

My (current) nesting partner and I are both 35. We've been together just under 15 years and currently see each other every day, and our relationship isn't sexual.

My fiancée and I have been together 20 months. She's 25, and we see each other on average twice a week(though we're working towards getting a place together). She has a much higher drive than I do, and we were together over a year before I felt ready for full-on intercourse. Since then, it's been like a dam has broken, and I suddenly have a drive of my own and actually enjoy sex for once(at least with her). I believe we average between 2 and 3 times an evening, and that number actually tends to increase if she stays over for longer stretches of time. I think one recent 3-day stretch together had us at either 11 or 12 times(which left us both extremely sore for nearly a week). We've joked that our first week of living together will likely kill us both, though I suspect the realities of such will help us moderate.

Nov 6, 2017
Not to derail here, but if you're in a committed relationship, and it sounds like you are, and shes on BC, which she is, are you guys really that paranoid that you also need to use condoms too? My GF and I have just relied on her BC for years without issue. No condoms and no pull outs. Most forms of BC are like 99% effective if used correctly.

Nah that's a valid question. I didn't really explain our situation all that well.

She actually was completely off BC from August to late November. This was pretty annoying on her part because I hate condoms and she can't really get off when I wear them, but she was doing it to prep getting an IUD installed. She was just lazy about getting the appointment set up. So during that time, it was weekly condom sex. Once she got the IUD, she was crampy and spotting for a like a week so we couldn't take advantage of it yet. In early December we fucked like mad one night on a little weekend trip. But since then, we haven't been able to because of traveling to our families houses and our families are prude as hell.

We've talked and we want to be more sexually active this year because we're both willing and able, but the last month or so has been hectic with her body and our families.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About how many times a week do you have sex? (Normally 6-7 at least)

Ah, good times.

We've been together for close to 10 years, married for close to six, have a 10 month old, and he sleeps in our bed since he still wakes up several times a night, so my wife takes the bed and I sleep on the sofa bed in the living room. We have sex twice a month if we're lucky, and when we do have sex, it has to be in the living room and one of our golden retrievers gets jealous and keeps interrupting us and licking us...

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah that's a valid question. I didn't really explain our situation all that well.

She actually was completely off BC from August to late November. This was pretty annoying on her part because I hate condoms and she can't really get off when I wear them, but she was doing it to prep getting an IUD installed. She was just lazy about getting the appointment set up. So during that time, it was weekly condom sex. Once she got the IUD, she was crampy and spotting for a like a week so we couldn't take advantage of it yet. In early December we fucked like mad one night on a little weekend trip. But since then, we haven't been able to because of traveling to our families houses and our families are prude as hell.

We've talked and we want to be more sexually active this year because we're both willing and able, but the last month or so has been hectic with her body and our families.

Ahhh that makes a lot more sense. Didnt realize she had a complete no BC period before the IUD. I get you now my man!

And yes, condom sex is the absolute goddamn worst.

Nov 6, 2017
Ahhh that makes a lot more sense. Didnt realize she had a complete no BC period before the IUD. I get you now my man!

And yes, condom sex is the absolute goddamn worst.

I feel terrible when I have to wear one because I know I'm not going to be able to finish. And even though we've talked about it, she takes it personal sometimes when I don't finish while wearing one...I sometimes can't even keep it hard with one on. It's not at all her fault though. Thank god we don't have to use any anymore.

Oct 26, 2017
3 kids, been together 16-17 years. Twice a month , maybe.

in our mid to late twenties we used to be like that 10-14 times a week person

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A few times per day at minimum. Usually morning once, if weekend and staying in then mid day and a couple at night. Normal day with work then have dinner and bang at least once. Absolute bare minimum would be once per day. Even with someone for a year or more, if she's hot and naked in bed next to me it's hard not to have sex. I only ever have seriously dated girls who felt the same.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
I've been married with my S/O since 13 months but we're dating 10 years.

Well, it's pretty rough here since she has a lot of childhood traumas and some problem with intimate contact so i normally only have one session of sex maybe every 3 years.

She has psychologic help for some years now but it's a hard process but there's slow and steady progress.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Married for 19 years with 3 kids and we go at it about 3 times per week on average. Most recently a lot more. Something is in the air in my household.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been together for over 3 years.
We live together.
We are both in our early 20s.

I can probably count the number of times we had sex with my fingers.

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
Probably around twice a week on average. We don't live together and we both have busy lives so we don't always get around to doin it

We've been going out for about 2 years and see each other about every other day

Nov 17, 2017
Mine is definitely higher.

It can get frustrating, but my partner tries, and that means a lot. If they were just like "deal with it", i would have a much bigger issue with it.
How do you cope with that frustration? I have the higher libido in my relationship and I don't think I could manage only a few times a year even if they were trying. If they were working through some issues, I could wait but not for too long.

OP
OP
smisk

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
20-40 minutes I guess. I feel embarrassed tbh. I'm going go out on a limb though and blame her because she likes to wear yoga pants and those small shorts a lot.

Don't be embarrassed dude, as long as you're both having fun it's awesome. We'll occasionally have weeks where we hit double digits, like over the holidays. But after a few days doing it 2-3 times I generally feel like I need a break for a day or two haha.

Personally feel the minimum for me would be every other day if we lived together, and more is great. Amazingly my gf is usually more horny than me and sometimes I feel a little bad when I'm not up to doing it multiple times on a work night lol.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Still only a year into my current relationship but it would be about every day/every other day. We don't live together so it's hard to really say for sure but that's what current stats would bear out.

And I've been in previous relationships were about twice a year. That shit sucks so bad and makes you feel unwanted. Sorry for those that are in those situations

Edit: I'm 42

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Married 3.5 years, together since late 2010. We've had highs and lows, but have settled in on about once a month. That is not a low point. I'm good with it.

To explain, she has necessary medications that essentially kill the shit out of her libido.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
How do you cope with that frustration? I have the higher libido in my relationship and I don't think I could manage only a few times a year even if they were trying. If they were working through some issues, I could wait but not for too long.

Honestly, i have no clue sometimes. most of the time, it's just grading papers, homework, and gaming that keep me sane. It has definitely put some rough spots on our relationship, but you just keep trying.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
  1. How long have you been with your s/o? 14 years. Married less than 1.
  2. How often do you see each other? Everyday.
  3. About how many times a week do you have sex? Once a week if lucky.

We have one 9 y/o daughter and two dogs. We are never alone, lol.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Period week is the worst week... I try and try for anything... something. Not even a hand job. The fuck outta my face.

Married and around twice a week.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It really depends on a lot of factors.

We are both 44, and have been together for 12 years, married for 5.

We are both still really into each other, but the frequency does wane as you get older, maybe once or twice a week, but we can go weeks without any if one of us is sick, or hard a tough week at work.

It actually gets quite a bit harder physically as you get older, so you can't (well, at least we can't) smash out spontaneous shags day in day out, I'd rather get quality in rather than quantity at our age!

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Before my wife and I broke up (together 16 years), it was about every other/third day. We have kids together, but they didn't change it much.

Thing is though, neither of us were really happy with how we connected. Fucking was nice (because...yeah, duh), but it wasn't properly fulfilling either of us.

In my current relationships, one I've been with a little over a year. We see each other maybe a few times a month, and I'd say end up having sex about once a month. Sometimes more if we see each other more, but don't necessarily always have sex when we get together.

The other partner, we've been together almost 5 months, and see each other a couple times a week and fuck like rabbits. I'd say most times we see each other, we have sex once or twice, and if it's an overnight, it ends up being more like 3-5 times.

edit: to speak to the OP though, I don't think there's a "normal" outside of obviously calculating something statistically. You should be having the sex that works for you, whether that's nonstop 24-hour humping or an occasional roll in the hay. Normal doesn't matter.

Oct 30, 2017
Married (9 years), 2 kids, house, both working, both kids in sports, dance, scouts etc etc...

Once a week usually but typically 3 times a month at the very least. It basically depends on day, energy we have and when our kids go to bed lol.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Am 33, she is 30. Been together for 7 years.
The last 2 1/2 years we haven't had sex because she has extreme problems with her body image and can't get over it yet.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Together for 15 years and 2 kids under 5 years old, so...erm........Yeah.....Well.... *ahem*

Just be aware, if you have kids... sometimes... well, yeah.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Married
2 kids in grade school
We both work full-time (although my wife may decide to work part-time soon)

We probably average 2-3 times a week. Usually on the weekend....in the morning as we're getting ready for the day out with the fam.

Every once in a while, we'll both take an extended lunch during the week to smash for the hour.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017