• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
tenor.gif

Can't wait to see their token black and Asians saying "we're all in this together" or some shit.

OP
OP
Ocarina_117

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
These are the thugs who would have used the Euros as an excuse to go on piss ups and fight police across Europe

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn it - can a change my vote on that other thread to get rid of football (soccer) instead.

Just fuck off, idiots.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much every single comment I've seen on the livestream has been "All Lives Matters"

Ignorant fucking backwards country. Hate it

Mr Coopz

Jul 21, 2019
Just make you hate your own country these fucking imbeciles. It's people like this that prevent this country from ever making progress. Fuck them all.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
One common Just Asking Questions thing I'm seeing a lot on r/ukpolitics is "But what are BLM actual goals?" and "Isn't destroying statues undermining the movement?"

Yeah, people campaign for racial justice for years and get nothing or treated like an enemy, and now you're shocked that people are pissed off? Fuck these jokers.

People having more concern for buildings and statues than human lives is very telling.

To any rational, non-racist person, destruction of racist symbols wouldn't undermine the movement. They'd be appalled that a civil rights movement is needed in the first place, and they would join in on the demand for equality.

Last edited:

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Fiction writers have a free pass, there's it a damn thing that we can call unrealistic anymore. No more "that would never happen".

Satire writers are out of the job.

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
Saw a tweet by the author of this article about the British far right. It is really amazing and totally worth a read but this part seems especially relevant:

Collins told me that the far right is usually underestimated in Britain, because its numbers are so small and its members have often seemed pitiful. The idea of a handful of young men preparing for a race war by boxing in a Warrington gym can seem grimly comic. Collins explained that it was wrong to judge the far right on its size, because "danger and terrorism isn't based on how big a group is, it's based on how nasty it is." Moreover, the case of Jo Cox's murderer, Thomas Mair, a middle-aged loner who had decorated his bedroom with Nazi paraphernalia, had made it clear that a racist Briton could be both risible and lethal. Robert Hutton, the author of "Agent Jack," told me, "You can always look at these people and say that they're a bunch of losers, but losers can stab people, and losers can plant bombs. The line between loser and successful terrorist is often how soon they're caught."

Ahuitzotl

Jun 11, 2020
I just woke up to all this on on my Twitter feed, they definitely deserve to be called thugs.

Are the twitter posts supposed to be cut in half?

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Am I being a bit too generous in thinking there was a moment of 'are we the bad guys?' introspection from some of them after that 'throw some petrol on the black cunt' outburst?

It always blows my mind how British and American "patriots" do that Nazi-shit. I mean that's what their granddads fought against or even died fighting.
Standing in front of a memorial of this exact fact and throwing the Hitler-GruĂź is just the cherry on this big pile of dumbfuckery..

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Goddamn it - can a change my vote on that other thread to get rid of football (soccer) instead.

Just fuck off, idiots.

They'd just be roaming the streets every day like they are today without their footy.

Also, I don't think it's a Nazi Salute they doing, just the typical raising their hand up and pointing like they do at football.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
apparently the idiots are kicking off in newcastle to. fucking defenders of newcastle, fucking morons more like. hopefully the BLM protesters dont bite back.

OP
OP
Ocarina_117

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I believe the BLM protests meant for this week were brought forward to yesterday.

Peaceful marches.

Stark contrast to todays bullshit

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly they kinda just shot themselves in the foot - centrist people across the country were all on board with the whole "the left is destroying history!" angle and caring more about statues than black people, but I imagine they'll be less vocal about it now literal Nazi's are the ones at the forefront

Then again maybe it just means the the masks will come off.

But yeah the massive galaxy brains on show here, defending a cenotaph meant to honor dead soldiers from WW1 and 2 (and beyond) while being blatant white nationalists.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Honestly they kinda just shot themselves in the foot - centrist people across the country were all on board with the whole "the left is destroying history!" angle and caring more about statues than black people, but I imagine they'll be less vocal about it now literal Nazi's are the ones at the forefront

That all depends on if the media publicise the salutes.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
American here: what's the inciting incident for these demonstrations?

Is the Cenotaph seen as having some racist element to it? Or are UK racists just arbitrarily defending a statue that was never a part of the conversation?

I couldn't find much online. Thanks!