• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

r/GamingLeaksAndRumours - People Can Fly is developing two AAA games

470 votes and 59 comments so far on Reddit

Bulletstorm Developers Are Working On Two New AAA Games For Square Enix And Take-Two Interactive

Polish studio People Can Fly, responsible for Painkiller, Gears of War: Judgment, Buletstorm and the upcoming fantasy shooter Outriders, are developing two more AAA games. Sebastian Wojciechowski, chairman of the board and leading shareholder of PCF, spoke about this.

There are no details about the projects yet, but it is already known that each of them is being created in conjunction with major global publishers - one with the support of Square Enix, and the other - Take-Two Interactive. The release of both will take place not soon - at the end of 2024.

At the same time, one of the games is based on its own IP studio and has been in development for several months.

"I can now openly state that we are currently working on two new AAA games, which, like Outriders, are being developed in cooperation with international publishers - Square Enix and Take-Two Interactive. Games are currently being created under the working names Gemini and Dagger. and we plan to release them by the end of 2024."

I thought this was a rumour in the first place but they mention both Take-Two and Square Enix new projects in their official website.

1jyppB9.png

peoplecanfly.com

About us

Established in 2002, People Can Fly is one of the best AAA game development studios in Poland and one of the leading UNREAL ENGINE studios in Europe.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised they are still around, but good for them. Hopefully it works out because independent studious are an almost mythical beast in AAA development. It still shocked me that insomniac remained independent until last year given the quality of games they were churning out.

OP
OP

Raigor

May 14, 2020
More Marvel things I suppose

The game with Take-Two is an Action-Adventure AAA title https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/peo...-next-gen-consoles-pc-and-streaming-platforms

The one with Square Enix might be Marvel related tho

Surprised they are still around, but good for them. Hopefully it works out because independent studious are an almost mythical beast in AAA development. It still shocked me that insomniac remained independent until last year given the quality of games they were churning out.

They are the 4th biggest studio in Poland after CDPR, Techland and Flying Wild Hogs and they are still opening studios in the US and Canada.
They were working on Fortnite for a long time and Bulletstorm re-release, they must have cashed some good money

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The term AAA has kinda lost all it's meaning but I'm looking forward to their projects.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
That's good. They are a talented studio. While their games lack true greatness, they are always enjoyable and mechanically satisfying. Looking forward to Outriders.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
It's in their IPO prospectus. They are going public soon so they had to share some news to attract investors.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
They did a lot of work on fortnite.