• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Well at least judging a movie based on a 30 second clip is better than reading its wikipedia entry.

We are improving I think.

Jun 17, 2019
Hook was a good guy in Pan.

Peter, Tiger Lily and Hook, now captain of the Jolly Roger, return to London to rescue Nibs and the other orphans, who become Peter's crew, the Lost Boys. Hook and Tiger Lily fall somewhat in love, and Peter and Hook reaffirm their friendship, certain nothing will ever go wrong between them.

Oh right. Shoot I was thinking of Jackman's character in that movie because he looked so much like how most versions of Hook look, and not the actor who plays the actual James Hook. That's where I'm getting confused at.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Well at least judging a movie based on a 30 second clip is better than reading its wikipedia entry.

We are improving I think.

Now that I know that not only is the inciting incident that 30 sec clip, but that the plot hinges on
sorting through doggie doo doo
I'm more interested in watching this movie than I was before!

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Oh right. Shoot I was thinking of Jackman's character in that movie because he looked so much like how most versions of Hook look, and not the actor who plays the actual James Hook. That's where I'm getting confused at.

S'all good. You're not the first one to make a Hook sympathetic origin story joke with the Cruella movie release, and I keep having to remind people that they literally did the Hook sympathy origin story on a massive budget in recent memory. That movie was garbage so it understandably got memory holed.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017

E2i-s-ZOXMAUz-MTL.jpg

LMAO

Jun 17, 2019
S'all good. You're not the first one to make a Hook sympathetic origin story joke with the Cruella movie release, and I keep having to remind people that they literally did the Hook sympathy origin story on a massive budget in recent memory. That movie was garbage so it understandably got memory holed.

I'm expecting them to do this with all their villains. Pretty sure they'll end up doing one of each for the female villains. Can't really see them doing it for all the guys though as, outside of doctor Facilier (who gets hinted at about being maybe being Mama Odie's son), most of them are pretty much straight up evil in the eyes of the public. But the likes of the Wicked Queen, Ursala, Queen of Hearts, Madam Medusa, Mother Gothel, I can see them twisting it to. "Oh they were just misunderstood all along" making it easier for people to say "i like X villain" without having to defend liking an evil character.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017

You don't need an origin story to make Hook sympathetic, you just have to look at the way the little POS Peter Pan acts towards everyone in the original movie. He sits there laughing as a bunch of mermaids attempt to drown Wendy and only steps in when she picks up a shell to defend herself... I'm certainly not going to just take his word on what went down with the good Captain.

The dad was also right to be upset at the kids in the beginning. They hid his cufflinks and ruined his last good shirtfront! Then he almost killed himself on the toys they refused to tidy up.

Night Terror

Feb 1, 2018
so which disney villian will they try to "humanize" next? Jafar from Aladdin? Will they show how he had a hard childhood, and his mother or family died under the sultan's rule, and Jafar tried to improve the country by working his way up to be the sultan's advisor but got corrupted by the power and magic lamp?

I mean, at least that makes sense and doesn't throw the og movie plot under and (little) characterization under a bus?

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
You know, there was a split second where I thought I might go see this movie.

And then I saw this clip.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
so which disney villian will they try to "humanize" next? Jafar from Aladdin? Will they show how he had a hard childhood, and his mother or family died under the sultan's rule, and Jafar tried to improve the country by working his way up to be the sultan's advisor but got corrupted by the power and magic lamp?

This can't be worse than Cruella at this point ngl

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Ursula. They have to do a female villain for the neutered corporatized girl power angle

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure all this was in the original 101D, just cut for time.

Last edited:

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
People believe the hunter intentionally left offscreen in Bambi was simply "man" - but what they don't realize is that she deserved to die in that field. The hunter's wife and infant daughter were killed in a retaliatory drive-by shooting. Bambi's mother was the driver and the last name on his list.

Zarshack

May 15, 2018
Australia
I saw the movie on Friday, yes that scene was pretty stupid, definitely the worst in terms of wtf that's dumb in the whole movie. The scene makes more sense later on when it gets explained properly. The dogs fly kicking the mum off the cliff is really dumb though. Overall the movie was actually pretty decent. I wouldn't judge the entire movie based on this one scene.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is how cruella got joker-pilled and watching this scene over and over is also making me joker-pilled

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Aren't Dalmatians assholes? I find it hilarious though that the writers were obviously tasked with trying to find a way to make her sympathetic and they went with something so on the nose it could be a monarch butterfly fucking your nostril

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
People need to remember that today people usually like the villian more than the hero. Probably going to get more of these movies.

halcyjon

Mar 22, 2018
Ireland
My girlfriend asked me "How can they make you side with a woman who wants to skin dogs?" and I responded with this exact scene but as a joke. I can't believe they went with this. Hysterically stupid, I love it.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People need to remember that today people usually like the villian more than the hero. Probably going to get more of these movies.

You got a source lol

Cause the biggest movie ever is just a bunch of fucking heroes, like an entire collection of them, which has spawned a literal web of spinoffs - for the most part, starring heroes.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think maybe the best part of the scene is the completely ridiculous music playing in the background as theyre running towards the mom, and they leap over the camera, like it feels like a clip from a music video

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The dude went ahead and said scar

Scar is fun because you could go full Shakespearean tragedy with him. He knows he'll never be king because he's the second born and weaker but he thinks his cunning and intelligence is worth more than Mufasa's strength and will. So he kills Mufasa and takes over but is REALLY bad at it and starts seeing Mufasa's ghost everywhere mocking him. Then everyone starts turning on him.

"Throne of Blood" but with Scar.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
You got a source lol

Cause the biggest movie ever is just a bunch of fucking heroes, like an entire collection of them, which has spawned a literal web of spinoffs - for the most part, starring heroes.
I guess, but my point was that Thanos became as popular and a meme.

No one hates him. People like the edge.