• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Well, actually, that made now very curious about this movie and I now want to see it.

I don't really know why people would think it's stupid, maybe I'm missing context from the entire movie, but if that happens at the beginning of the movie, then I'd be very curious to see how the writers reflect on such a tragic event on such a young woman.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
The lady wants to kill dogs for coats. They really think this shit needs some relatable explanation?

Oct 25, 2017
This just moved the movie from 'might be okay might be awful' to 'has a very strong chance of being a hilarious train wreck' so I guess I'll be watching it eventually.

I'm both dying to know and don't want to be spoiled about if a mirror of this scene happens later, with adult Cruella, at the climax of the action.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Ryebary.jpg

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
So dumb, even if they wanted to make that the reason at least don't make it looks so ridiculous

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
It's like the cycle of life that Simba was talking about, except it's the cycle of death

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That railing is dangerously low. Don't blame the dogs! I guess making a coat out of the skins of railing designers is a bit boring though.

*takes notes for my future horror movie script anyway*

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
It's dumb that they gave Cruella a sad origin story around the dalmatians beyond being a sociopathic fashion freak but I do love how stupid this is.

Last edited:

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Damn ok I guess maybe she IS justified in wanting to kill and skin puppies to make a coat

/s

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
that actually makes me want to watch this movie now

looks stupid enough to be more entertaining than the usual live action disney trash

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
The stinger makes this scene even stupider
The dog that kills her mom is later owned by Cruella and has puppies in the final scene. In the stinger she gifts two of them to Roger and Anita which get named Pongo & Perdita, making this dog the future grandmother of the 101 dalmatians (who i guess are born out of dog incest?).

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The lady wants to kill dogs for coats. They really think this shit needs some relatable explanation?
Ultimately, they try to make it so that she likes dogs.

The Dalmatians only rush Cruella's mom because Emma Thompson draws them in with a hidden dog whistle, and orders them to attack. Cruella kidnaps the dogs later in the film, and is implies to have skinned them to make a coat - before revealing that they are alive & well, and now following her command.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Ultimately, they try to make it so that she likes dogs.

The Dalmatians only rush Cruella's mom because Emma Thompson draws them in with a hidden dog whistle, and orders them to attack. Cruella kidnaps the dogs later in the film, and is implies to have skinned them to make a coat - before revealing that they are alive & well, and now following her command.

So wait, she kills her own mom?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Cruelly always felt like an odd villain to try and make sympathetic because, like… she wants to skin dogs. I think 102 Dalmatians actually had a plot about her getting 'cured' through therapy and being a better person, which at least acknowledged she was bad but now she can be better.

There are plenty of Disney villains that you could pull a Wicked on (Ursula, Scar, Facilier) but I don't really get why they chose Cruella.