• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Can we go together?

• Sorry, i'm a Barbie head

Votes: 130 30.6%
  • Minions are no laughing matter.

Votes: 82 19.3%
  • Reminds me when i went fully transparent to watch Morbius

Votes: 151 35.5%
  • Watching at home (suited up of course)

Votes: 62 14.6%

• Total voters

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
I sure hope these kids stop dressing up and screaming at Minions by the time Thor: Love and Thunder hits theaters July 8th. I don't want them to interrupt me dressing up as a cartoon character and screaming at references.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
It's fun to go through this thread and identify which posters were almost certainly attending a screening in a suit and which ones were likely at that screening with their five year old.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Why do people always call out 'boomers'. I thought boomers are like Joe Biden's age.

Because some people are literally speed running becoming just as jaded and insufferable as our parents generation were towards any and everything we did. It's a bit sad to see really. I suppose every generation thinks they will be different, but when I read these threads about harmless stuff like this I'm just like "Nope, we didn't skip it, a lot of us really did adopt those boomer traits". 😂

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Why do people always call out 'boomers'. I thought boomers are like Joe Biden's age.
Joe Biden is too old to be a boomer. Boomers were born 1946 - 1964. He was born in 1942.

I know it's not that relevant for this thread but calling people born during the WW2 boomers is a pet peeve of mine. Also see every thread about Scorsese during the past few years.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Joe Biden is too old to be a boomer. Boomers were born 1946 - 1964. He was born in 1942.

I know it's not that relevant for this thread but calling people born during the WW2 boomers is a pet peeve of mine. Also see every thread about Scorsese during the past few years.

It's pretty clear 'boomers' for a lot of people has just become synonymous with old and out of touch, not specifically baby boomers.

Oct 28, 2017

That's why I wrote 'like'. It was just a short hand for 'people that are of an age probably not posting here' who are called boomers itt. I didn't look up Biden's exact age.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017

The whole name baby boom comes from the fact people had a lot of children after WW2 to try and make up for the huge loss of life too.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Wait, are they causing a ruckus in the theaters trying to annoy people?

Just wearing suits to the cinema is pretty neat though, I ain't got no issues with it.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
I wanted to say this looked pretty funny and harmless but if some groups were being extremely rowdy and obnoxious during the film and causing trouble for the staff, then that's crossing the line. The poor people in the audience who just came to watch a film with their kids probably never coming back and sticking with streaming from now on, which sucks. The movie theater should be able to be enjoyed by everyone in the audience, not just the ones who want to partake in some meme.

Last edited:

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dressing up and steepling hands = Fun
Whooping, hollering and screaming ironically at everything = Shitty

Only gut-reactions are okay in cinemas (genuinely laughing etc).

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Wonder how many folks turn their noses up at late-night screenings of The Room and wish they could see it in a laid back, quiet environment instead.

I'm not for ruining children's experiences of a kid's movie by being totally obnoxious or wrecking the theater so the staff has to work even harder to clean up a massive mess (spoon throwing aside, of course) but, like, come on. If a hundred kids in suits take up a whole screening of a Minions movie themselves, who is that hurting? If a dozen or so show up, dressed to the nines, and don't completely ruin the showing for the young kids in the crowd, why get all high and mighty and cry foul about it?

The world fucking sucks, y'all. Let these kids have some dumb fun.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how many folks turn their noses up at late-night screenings of The Room and wish they could see it in a laid back, quiet environment instead.

There's a huge difference between seeing a new movie in the cinema, and going to limited viewings of cult classics. If you go and see Rocky Horror or The Room at a midnight showing, you are 99% sure what you're signing up for. With new movies, you sign up for seeing the movie.

The world fucking sucks, y'all. Let these kids have some dumb fun.

What about the people who went to the movie to just watch it, and had their fun ruined by these other kids?

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
*years later*

Guy 1: ¨Remember the time we dressed up in suits to see a children´s film?¨

Guy 2: ¨Yeah.... I think thats where it all went wrong.¨

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, if you want to dress ironically going to a children's movie with some of your fellow teenagers, that's fun I guess. If you're dressing up and descending on a theater like a swarm of locusts being obnoxious during a movie, then you're an asshole. I guess that stands for anybody really, dressing up or not. Its just the age old truth that as the size of the pack of teenagers increases the higher the likelihood of douchebaggery increases in kind.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
can somebody explain what the context is to this "morbieus"...i keep seeing it brought up throughtout multiple threads and just dont understand it

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There were kids in suits and goofy-ass grins at our showing. They were blissfully silent until the credits rolled. My son loved it.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Dressing up and steepling hands = Fun
Whooping, hollering and screaming ironically at everything = Shitty

Only gut-reactions are okay in cinemas (genuinely laughing etc).

This is pretty much my stance as well. It's a fairly funny joke, and if you don't disturb anyone I'm all for it.

If you are loud and obnoxius about it there is honestly a pretty decent chance that you are actually frightening the six year olds that are the intended audience, and that would make you a piece of shit in my book.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I thought that them went into minions costumes but this is miles better

Took my daughter to see this on Friday night, and there where quite a few large crowds of teens in suits and dress shirts walking about… there were a bunch in the showing we went to…

They didn't cause a fuss or anything… also I thought they would have been dressing up as the minions…