• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I'm getting flashbacks to Warhammer Fantasy losers literally burning hundreds of dollars of models because Age of Sigmar came out. Oh, and the other times people have burned their own possessions to "own" a company. Just childish and stupid.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who would have thought the fans that screamed and screamed until they finally got what they want did something childish like this. ShockedPikachu.jpg

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
tumblr_o2bd8dshmk1qdx3fao1_500.gifv

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why anyone cares if some random people are breaking their cheap blu ray discs lol

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Idk for some reason these people seem like the same crowd that would harass a women executive at DC or rally against "forced diversity". Would love to see the Synder cut, Zach synder seems like a cool guy. These people though...eesh

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
So is the Snyder cut supposed to be a whole different movie? Is this why theres so much hype? I just cant see how a EE or revised edition of a bad movie suddenly makes it good?
There was some suggestion it might be four hours long.

If that's true then even if most of the original 2 hours of Justice League is still there, then it'll be a mostly-new film.

Which I guess is a good thing, for Snyder fans, but nobody else.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I only know about this Snydercut stuff in passing because of here, but what's the whole story with this stuff? It seems to attract some super rabid dedication? All for a mediocre film? Why?
There are group of the fandom who sees characters from Marvel and DC as competitors, and since the MCU was huge success they refuse to accept that the Snyder-helmed movies are absolutely terrible. This has matured on a very vocal fandom.

I am a DC fan, but I want quality. I really like Shazam, because it was an entertaining movie. These people just want the "edgy DC" that they believe is a mature take on their favorite characters, and Snyder does that in the movies.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Kingdom of Heaven directors cut.
As someone who can't believe how much better Kingdom of Heaven's Extended Cut is... it's also almost the ONLY example I can really name where adding an entire hour of footage (arguably all the best footage) back in totally changed the film from garbage to brilliant.

And Ridley Scott is the guy with the proven track record (up to that point) of Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator...

This is the dude who gave us a Watchmen movie that utterly missed the point, BvS, and Sucker Punch.

Granted, his "vision" might still be better than what we got... but I doubt it'll be GOOD.

Meanwhile, I'll be over here with my DCAU box set...
tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, I prefer DC over Marvel, don't think Justice League is as bad as a lot of people think, and am curious what this "snyder cut" will amount to, but....holy shit I just cannot wrap my head around these crazies and their dedication to the idea that this version will somehow be a masterpiece or something. Like, I seriously put this fandom in the same realm of "huh?" as bronies and shit.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So is the Snyder cut supposed to be a whole different movie? Is this why theres so much hype? I just cant see how a EE or revised edition of a bad movie suddenly makes it good?

There are supposed to be almost three hours of unused footage (Snyder's cut is apparently more than 4 hours long, while the theatrical one only hit 2 hours, but with many Whedon scenes that shouldn't be in this one) and it'd have a more consistent atmosphere with the previous movies. Keep in mind that most of these fans probably enjoyed BvS in the first place.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hope they think the Joss Whedon version is better and regret this.

Also, why blame Joss. Didnt he basicly just do what the studio told him?

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really a DCEU vs MCU thing because you didn't see this kind of shit at all around movies like Aquaman, Shazam, or Birds of Prey. It's specifically people just stanning hard for Snyder

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Some of them look to be "They'll never release a Snyder cut! I'm so sure I'll break my disc if they do!" and following through.

Those are fun imo, the legit nerd rages are the ones that are cringy and stupid.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I've personally never seen an extended or directors cut of a movie be massively better or worse than the theatrical version.

Maybe Blade Runner without the poor Harrison Ford narration?
Kingdoms of Heaven? Never saw it but heard the Directors cut was better.

Most extended/directors cuts just feel like the same movie with a few deleted scenes added back in. Sometimes they add a little more depth to the characters (like LOTR with the Steward of Gondor) or include a bit more of a side plot (like the Abyss with more of the Cold War tension).
But typically I find that they hurt the overall pacing of the movie more than the extra stuff adds (which was probably why they were cut in the first place).

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
It's all dumb, Whedon's Justice League still has the return of Superman, which I thought was the best part of the movie.

Interested to see how it plays out in Snyder's version, but this part of JL is still decent.

Last edited: