• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
https:///people-are-comparing-how-trees-look-like-in-pokemon-sword-and-shield-and-ocarina-of-time/

Mod Edit:
This week hasn't been a great week for Pokemon Sword and Shield as Pokemon fans continue to simmer over the omission of the National Dex and other features from the game.
Now some fans have turned their attention towards criticizing the game's graphics. Some have realized that a tree looks like in Pokemon Sword and Shield to a tree in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, a Nintendo 64 title released over two decades ago:

Comparisons in the article.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I care about how the trees in a field look in Pokemon, a series known for its graphical chops.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
My guess as to how this thread will go: People will use the ridiculousness of this small minority as an excuse for Game Freak's action of removing Pokémon from the game and a dismissal of concerns of the wider Pokémon community.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda feel like the issues with Sword and Shield have turned into a circlejerk

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
My guess as to how this thread will go: People will use the ridiculousness of this small minority as an excuse for Game Freak's action of removing Pokémon from the game and a dismissal of concerns of the wider Pokémon community.
People have every right to be upset by these decisions, but you can't deny this is just being silly and honestly, is not helping anyone. The moment the feedback turns into some circlejerk hatefest, the message from the fans with actual criticism just becomes silenced.

ninjabreadman

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I was ready to say this is stupid, but those screenshots are pretty damning. How is it even possible to have something looking more blurry and lower resolution than an N64 game? that's an achievement of sorts.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, weird, they've both got long brown bits that come from the ground with green stuff on top. Cool Easter egg. /s

banshee150

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
User Warned: "Lazy Devs" rhetoric.
Let's be honest here. GF should stop making Pokemon games. They can't even make proper animations for the allegedly much better animated/modeled Pokemon which is their excuse for only bringing certain Pokemon in the new game.

They love excuses that make no sense. They have so much money, yet they are too lazy to ever invest that into a proper BOTW-scale game.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be honest here. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the SnS open world area was Hyrule Field from OOT.
21 years apart.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
While the comparison is obviously hyperbolic, I believe those games would really benefit from another year or so of development time. That would give them enough time to work on more and better animations, and also refine details like the trees, grass, etc.

Game Freak isn't a massive studio by any means, and Nintendo seem to have pushed them to the edge for a release when a system-seller was needed the most, not when it was ready.

Metaroo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems that most of the assets are being focused for the in-battle world and animations. Not surprising since thats where the bulk of the gameplay takes place.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Pong.svg-58ae72833df78c345ba1e34e.png

Pokémon Sword / Shield

hAQDUb3.jpg

The Legend of Zelda (NES)

Are Game Freak even TRYING???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
That's surprisingly low quality but the rest of the game looks fine so it's nothing too bad.

Even Crysis had some nasty ass rocks in some places.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Just because it has a bad texture doesn't mean it's at all comparable to a tree with a tenth of the polygons rendered two decades ago. Lmao

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything to talk about here? I could say that people are comparing any two things, but that hardly provokes discussion.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
I remember someone saying "Sword and Shield do not have PS2 graphics!" Looks like they were right, it has N64 graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.