• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who would you rather face?

• Pennywise

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Rose the Hat

Votes: 82 64.6%
  • Does it matter? Im dead either way.

Votes: 29 22.8%

• Total voters

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I'm fucked with either, but I feel like my chances are slightly better with Rose, enough traps and bullets and she'll go down.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rose getting her ass knocked clean out of the Astral Plane and off the top of a bus was weirdly satisfying. I always enjoy movies where the protagonists are one step ahead of the antagonists and even the audience.

The best thing about No Country For Old Men was Anton Chigur first getting his ass handed to him strategically, morally and physically by Llewelyn - a smart, ethical, capable man that Chigur massively underestimated - and not only did Chigur fail to get his target - he was effectively outgunned and crippled permanently by Llewelyn's actions.

Then Chigur got his soul and his mythos snatched by Carla Jean who was made of the same stuff as her late husband -- and simply refused to put up with Anton's bullshit ego. It's one of the small stories from the movie that gets missed in the chaos and darkness - which is that it's not just good people and law and order that are undone by the movement of modern times - but legends are erased by it too. In this case Chigur's. The movie is in part about him being overtaken by events he can't control.

Back to OP question: I would probably get killed by a Lobstrosity even if I saw it coming, or scared to death by bedridden Zelda. Hell, I'd be defeated immediately by Gerald's handcuffs.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this is purely a 1:1 fight I'd probably be more comfortable with Pennywise.

Even in the book/movie basically you can avoid him if you choose to, Rose would seek you out if you had the shine and I'm a sucker if you know what I mean so she'd have my shine locked in a bottle pretty quick. Pennywise I'd know to stay the fuck away from provided I'm not a child in this scenario.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
timeless other-dimensional eldritch horror or lady with hat and shiny eyes?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PontyfaxJr

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
Pennywise wastes too much time screwing around so I would simply walk away and get the bus out of Derry.

I would try to stab Rose the Hat and see how it goes