• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you pee sitting down or standing up?

• Sitting down

Votes: 892 40.5%
  • Standing up

Votes: 1,145 52.0%
  • Superman

Votes: 166 7.5%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Curious about this, for those with a penis. I remember seeing a poll a while back that showed quite a few more sitters than I would have expected.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Standing cause toilet seats are gross and using seat covers is a hassle.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
Never stand when you can sit or sit when you can lay down. (I pee laying down.)

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I've been making an effort to sit down since the benefits of doing so are pretty indisputable. I'm at something like 60/40 right now and still standing most of the time.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Always sitting down. Usually it's very easy to spot a place where a guy is standing up pissing. It's literally all over.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Both evenly depends upon the situation. If I'm in a hurry I stand, if I need a moment I sit.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Standing, I have no idea why you would pee sitting down unless you had an injury or something...it takes like 30 seconds tops.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Sitting at home or someone else's home, even with perfect aim you get pee splash otherwise. Upper deck YOLO if in a public toilet.

Kidding on upper deck! Urinal if #1, suck it up and wipe down toilet if #2 or just hold it.

Curious about this, for those with a penis. I remember seeing a poll a while back that showed quite a few more sitters than I would have expected.

OP you should add the Oatmeal's take:
theoatmeal.com

The pros and cons of a man sitting down to pee - The Oatmeal

The pros and cons of a man sitting down to pee

Vic2003

Dec 8, 2017
Standing unless I need to poop too then sitting. Wow unexpected results I thought all guys stood to pee.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that half the people here pee while doing handstands.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I sit like 90% of the time at home unless I'm in a rush to get back to something (high probability I spend at least 5 minutes dicking around on my phone if I sit). In public restrooms, I only sits if I shits.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
When I'm at the office or at a restaurant, I'll stand up but when I'm at home, I'll sit down.

ΑGITΩ

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Standing up, hands free, flush near the end to race the flow to the finish. Usually win.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Standing up and shaking the drops has always been utterly gross, and people do this all the time.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Needs a Both option as usual, ERA.

It honestly depends on my mood. Sometimes a good sit is needed.