• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
www.cnn.com

Pence was on standby to 'take over' during Trump's unannounced Walter Reed visit, new book reports

Vice President Mike Pence was put on standby to temporarily assume the powers of the presidency during President Donald Trump's unannounced visit to Walter Reed hospital in November 2019, according to a copy of New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt's forthcoming book obtained by CNN.

That visit that meant nothing, and was routine? Sounds far from it.

Wrong. Trump has perfect genes. The best genes. He's fit as can be.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The Times writer waiting to put this in a book (again!) after an anonymous source kept this private (again!) just re-re-re-re-remphasizes everything wrong with this country.

People will wait until the tanks are literally rolling through the capital before speaking up. The entire admin is filled with cowards. People like Omarosa, Conway, and Bolton cashing out sickens me.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I mean isn't the vice president kinda always on standby when ya get down to it

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The Times writer waiting to put this in a book (again!) after an anonymous source kept this private (again!) just re-re-re-re-remphasizes everything wrong with this country.

People will wait until the tanks are literally rolling through the capital before speaking up. The entire admin is filled with cowards. People like Omarosa, Conway, and Bolton cashing out sickens me.
You know Maggie Haberman's book is coming in time too lol.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
This. People here are reading too much into it.
The WH' story is still that he went to the hospital for the first half of a routine physical, with the second half to be completed 6 months later.

Now obviously they were lying, but we're only now learning that it was in fact something serious.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Beware fake tweets calling this a "cerebral event". Schmidt cites no details on the medical procedure that may have required anesthesia.

badatorigami

Dec 5, 2019
He'd have a much better chance of being elected in November if he had.
I meant it emotionally in that, I wish the event that needed to occur in order for pence to have become president had actually taken place ;)

Also, thinking about it, I'm wondering if that'd be true? Could be the subject of another thread with a poll, but I don't agree that pence is more electable in the current climate than trump is.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
His ass was sore from all the licking GOP members were doing.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
The more alarming reporting in this book is that Rod Rosenstein both killed the McCabe FBI Investigation into Trump's Russian connections and forbid the Mueller probe from pursuing it. Each organization apparently assumed that the other was pursuing it.

Given that Senate Intel has also failed to investigate this, this means that the Federal government has never investigated Trump/Russia.

Last edited:

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
The more alarming reporting in this book is that Rod Rosenstein both killed the McCabe FBI Investigation into Trump's Russian connections and forbid the Mueller probe from pursuing it. Each organization apparently assumed that the other was pursuing it.

Given that Senate Intel has also failed to investigate this, this means that the Federal government has never investigated Trump/Russia.
By design

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
great, now the right will use this as an example of Trump being normal
But, this guy said Trump was the healthiest president of all time!
5ae8f94f19ee864e1c8b472c

Dec 11, 2017

Wow

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I mean isn't that point of a VP, I'm sure Biden was on standby whenever Obama even had a mild cold

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
As others have said, that's part of the VP's job description - their ultimate role is to take over should something happen.

To be honest, the biggest takeaway for me (and therefore, should be the headline) is the following:

"The visit did not follow the protocol of a routine presidential medical exam, a person familiar with the matter told CNN at the time. Medical staff at Walter Reed did not get a staff-wide notice about a presidential visit to the medical center in Bethesda, Maryland, ahead of Trump's arrival, according to that source.

Typically, Walter Reed's medical staff would get a general notice about a "VIP" visit to the medical center ahead of a presidential arrival, notifying them of certain closures at the facility. That did not happen this time, indicating the visit was a non-routine visit and scheduled at the last minute."

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump himself has exposed a lie about the visit. In 2019, he and others around him said it was because he wanted to jump start on tests and exams. This week, he shows that was a lie because he's now saying the visit was to conclude tests. Starting a series of tests is now finishing them up?

Something clearly went wrong here, hence the visit. Trump, the king of liars, has changed his tune on what this was about, meaning whatever is leaking is probably more true than his words. How credible are the sources saying he had a stroke?

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck cares if this is "standard procedure" for the VP, the issue is the lying. It never stops. It's always more lies.