• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/07/12/politics/mike-pence-border-immigration/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

Vice President Mike Pence traveled to the US-Mexico border Friday to witness the conditions facing migrant adults and children in Customs and Border Protection custody.
Joined by a group of reporters, Senate Republicans and acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan, Pence visited two facilities in the Rio Grande Valley: the Donna Processing Facility, temporarily housing families, and the McAllen Border Patrol Station, housing single adults who have been found crossing into the United States illegally.
In Donna, Pence saw oversized, air-conditioned facilities, with children and their parents lying on cots, watching animated movies and eating snacks.
In McAllen, it was a much different scene: Pence toured a swelteringly hot room called a sally port with hundreds of men, a strong smell of sweat and overcrowding so extreme there was no room for cots, the migrants left to sleep on concrete beneath mylar blankets.

So a crisis they created and then they'll say they fixed it?

Last edited:

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vice President Mike Pence traveled to the US-Mexico border Friday to witness the conditions facing migrant adults and children in Customs and Border Protection custody.
Joined by a group of reporters, Senate Republicans and acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan, Pence visited two facilities in the Rio Grande Valley: the Donna Processing Facility, temporarily housing families, and the McAllen Border Patrol Station, housing single adults who have been found crossing into the United States illegally.
In Donna, Pence saw oversized, air-conditioned facilities, with children and their parents lying on cots, watching animated movies and eating snacks.
In McAllen, it was a much different scene: Pence toured a swelteringly hot room called a sally port with hundreds of men, a strong smell of sweat and overcrowding so extreme there was no room for cots, the migrants left to sleep on concrete beneath mylar blankets.

So a crisis they created and then they'll say they fixed it?

Did you post the wrong link? It doesn't even mention Pence.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Create problem
Deny the problem
Admit there is a problem, blame someone else
Say they will take care of the problem
Wait for people to forget

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
Pence setting himself up as the right guy to kick out Trump. He's going to make himself seem way more reasonable than Trump

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
His problem isn't even with the detention centers but with the argument over getting more money to house them. He doesn't give a shit about those people.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are going to spin this overcrowding problem as the reason they need more concentration camps.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
HIyBuzz.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
These scumlord fascists are hurting people on purpose. There is zero reason, legal or otherwise, for these people to be detained in these concentration camps. The situation is intentionally cruel and traumatic.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing him see those conditions and be so nonchalant about that treatment is absolutely disgusting. I really hope there is justice in an afterlife and all of these people burn in Hell. I just don't understand how you can treat other humans with such indifference.

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing him see those conditions and be so nonchalant about that treatment is absolutely disgusting. I really hope there is Justice in an afterlife and all of these people burn in Hell. I just don't understand how you can treat other humans with such indifference.
The same way the Germans in the 30s dealt with it, they convinced themselves that the people in the camps were less than human and were responsible for their situation.

Oct 25, 2017
The simple fact that children have died in these places. The staff created a damn facebook group to mock these people etc and this admin turns a blind eye and willfully accepts this. The comparisons are fair.

If they or anyone else don't want these comparisons. Shut these places down and treat people with more humanity.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
So wait....

Border crossings were relatively low, then the "caravans" and the family separations happen. People are held captive in these concentration camps longer than necessary, causing overcrowding. The plan all along was to use these horrible tactics to Prevent asylum seekers from coming.

Now the administration wants people to believe that this crisis is the Democrats fault? I hate how this is like two basketball teams fighting for a championship.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have to say, the situation is pretty bad but these comparisons are disingenuous and not helpful to discourse.
People have already died there under terrible conditions, neglect, and outright cruelty.

It shouldn't matter if it's three or three million; it's locking up immigrants and minorities in poorly run camps overseen by racists and bigots who have been documented openly mocking the heartache they've imposed on broken families, asylum seekers, and traumatized children.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
The same way the Germans in the 30s dealt with it, they convinced themselves that the people in the camps were less than human and were responsible for their situation.
I went to the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin in 2016 before Trump was elected and I kept asking my husband how did people let this happen and how I was so afraid Trump would do the same...my actual problem is I feel powerless to stop this shit.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
So the grift is they complain about how this is the dems fault, they get their cash, funnel it into pet corporate prison industrial complex welfare, put some cute pictures up of the 'nice' new facilities that the media buys hook like and sinker so they move on from this news cycle and two years later there's a propublica award winning article on how the fucked conditions continue along with a sharp increase of inmigrant rapes/deaths since this shitshow.

Im an atheist but I sure do hope they all meet the God that they claim they are doing this all for