• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see. You're here to make sure we're just as mad at democrats as we are the republicans because we should remain in political gridlock forever, as if we can't tell the fucking difference between better or worse options.

48b.jpg

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I'll vote for whichever individual promises tangibles for black folks.

Wouldn't it be better to vote for someone who will surely make progressive movement for us and actually has a chance to win? Lets say 2020 rolls around and our choice is Trump/Biden/3rd party. Are you seriously going to vote 3rd party even if it means Trump will win?

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is a hell of a qoute.

Black lives matter. *oh shit. racists wont like that and they vote* I mean all lives matter *fuck sensible people hate that one* I mean black people have genuine concerns. *phew, nailed it!*

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Obvious statement to placate both BLM folks and the stupider folks that insist ALM because they're ignorant of what BLM means. Seems fine to me.

But of course I'm sure BurntFoot being a part of Kanye's 10% galaxy brains would disagree.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
A little bland (particularly the "all lives matter" part), but I don't see anything wrong or inflammatory about her statement.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Mountain out of a molehill here. It's clearly trying to bring people together on the issue by saying all lives matter folk are right, but they also need to recognize that black lives are effected more than any other group.

Pelosi2020

no, they really aren't and trying to both sides for bad faith racists is not a good look at all

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you even pay lip service to it? It's a poisoned phrase.

Maybe, but the fact that she used the word "but" two words after "all lives matter" rather than two words after "black lives matter" tells us which one she's just playing lip service to. The use of "all lives matter" seems like it's meant to plug any claim that black lives matter is somehow ignoring everyone else.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
And Pelosi just framed the BLM movement as being one about redressing "past grievances", so chalk one up for her.

All I'm saying is you probably don't want to bring Bernie into this dude.

Also kinda funny that you think that statement she made, which means you'd have to literally assume she thinks racism is over, is so much worse than sayingnot voting for a black person because they're black isn;t racist.

OP
OP
BurntFoot

BurntFoot

Banned
Apr 10, 2018
Wouldn't it be better to vote for someone who will surely make progressive movement for us and actually has a chance to win? Lets say 2020 rolls around and our choice is Trump/Biden/3rd party. Are you seriously going to vote 3rd party even if it means Trump will win?
Who is "us"?

Black folks ain't seem to benefit from "us".

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man imagine shilling for "Walk Away" when a banal quote like this is your best ammunition.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
This is actually a big problem with hard blue/hard red states and the Electoral College setup you generate apathetic extremists as a result of the one-party rule because their vote literally never matters for anything outside maybe local nonpartisan elections. With a popular vote throwing your vote away for Pres actually has consequences.

This is what I do not get. I understand the importance of local elections and yes voting someone who has your best interests can truly effect the outcome in those races. But for the general election? Your vote may not matter but every vote to get the GOP out of the WH is a winning vote in my book. How can you not vote for that? What have the Dems done to make people want more of Trump?

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
I took it as she was addressing the "all lives matter" crowd when she said "all lives matter, yes" but immediately said that's not the point.

She never argued for all lives matter. She was addressing and dismissing it.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you even pay lip service to it? It's a poisoned phrase.

Because simply put, not everyone in an audience knows that it is a loaded phrase.

She didn't say "black lives matter, but" she said "all lives matter, but".

There is a huge difference. People who want her to just bulldog through it and just say "black lives matter" is still playing into the loaded phrase that is "all lives matter".

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Racism isn't just a past greivance, it's an ongoing reality. Anyone that won't clearly state their support is an enemy of black folks. Ain't voting Dem.

I understand and that's your right. But it's not undermining the problem, it's amplifying it.

Voting has been gerrymandered to the point where there is no room for error or protest votes. It's not supposed to be like that. If you want a safe protest vote, I have some bad news for you - you're going to need to vote democratic for a few years before that buffer is back. Is that good? Of course not. But it's a fact. I can't tell you what to do but I'm certainly not going to cheer you over a cliff of your own choosing.

And staying home is even worse. You might as well send the PD a congratulations on the Consent Decree card, or a bunch of roses to Jim Jordan and Donald.

Sometimes you have to eat a shit sandwich to stop the village being poisoned. I wouldn't want to be in your position on this subject, but I am in your position on other subjects - from economics to campaign finance to geopolitics to state's rights to abortion and so on and so on. So I am taking hearty bites of the shit sandwich until hopefully things get back to a less dangerous place and that means voting for democrats I don't like or agree with until the GOP is if not sterilized, then at least hosed off a bit.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is what I do not get. I understand the importance of local elections and yes voting someone who has your best interests can truly effect the outcome in those races. But for the general election? Your vote may not matter but every vote to get the GOP out of the WH is a winning vote in my book. How can you not vote for that? What have the Dems done to make people want more of Trump?
If someone's regularly using TownHall.com as a source it's sort of a clue as to their personal politics.

Oct 25, 2017
The source is TownHall FFS
Notes: Townhall is an American politically conservative website and print magazine. Previously published by the Heritage Foundation. The website also publishes news articles from the Associated Press. Townhall has a right wing bias through story selection and sensational wording of headlines.

Weekly contributors include Ben Shapiro, Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter, Marina Medvin, John Stossel, Dennis Prager, and others. Guest contributors have included Eric Trump, Donald Trump Jr., and Lara Trump.

Deleted member 13364

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I'm saying is you probably don't want to bring Bernie into this dude.

Also kinda funny that you think that statement she made, which means you'd have to literally assume she thinks racism is over, is so much worse than not voting for a black person because they're black isn;t racist.

That Bernie one was a massive fuck up, I agree. It was meant to be a point about people who had previously voted for black candidates but now, based on an openly racist campaign run against Gillum, would have been swayed away for him, but he really fucked it with the "not necessarily racist" bit.
But you wouldn't deny that Bernie managed a much, much, much better answer to this BLM question, right? I don't take this bad response as Pelosi genuinely not believing racism is over, but it's absolutely a yikes from me on this being her response to a question she should be absolutely prepared for, and it'd be the same if Bernie had said it.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of black people are just sick to death of being told to vote Democrat given the hardship some black communities face, election after election, decade after decade, and they'll still be facing those both ways if Satan and Jesus were the two options for President. It's hard to give a shit about border walls and trade wars when you're struggling to get by each month and fear the crimestoppers as much as the criminals.

Not saying people are right to vote 3rd party when the stakes are high nationally, just throwing in some possible reasons why.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Notes: Townhall is an American politically conservative website and print magazine. Previously published by the Heritage Foundation. The website also publishes news articles from the Associated Press. Townhall has a right wing bias through story selection and sensational wording of headlines.
Thanks for providing the context for those unfamiliar. Like with the Daily Caller meme the other day, this is not the shit we want to be signal boosting.

OP
OP
BurntFoot

BurntFoot

Banned
Apr 10, 2018
I initially got the source from the Bishop on Twitter. I only quoted that article so my thread wasn't based solely off a tweet. Please stop nisreading my intentions.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Guys its obvious that he is trolling at this point. The report button is right there.

Stop giving him attention.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
That Bernie one was a massive fuck up, I agree. It was meant to be a point about people who had previously voted for black candidates but now, based on an openly racist campaign run against Gillum, would have been swayed away for him, but he really fucked it with the "not necessarily racist" bit.
But you wouldn't deny that Bernie managed a much, much, much better answer to this BLM question, right? I don't take this bad response as Pelosi genuinely not believing racism is over, but it's absolutely a yikes from me on this being her response to a question she should be absolutely prepared for.

Why are you so obsessed with trying to make Bernie look good in a thread that has nothing to do with him? Why do you feel he needs a pat on the head?

Oct 25, 2017

I wonder what a so called "Democrats are not progressive enough for me" lefty is doing reading Townhall.

I wonder.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
The only real issue I have with her statement is "past grievances".
There seems to be quite a few white liberals that think racism is a thing of the past.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Thread appears to be made in bad faith to misrepresent Pelosi's statement and is closed for further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.