• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Basically: The people making the rules should be allowed to profit from those rules, both before and after the rules go into effect

What else is new in America

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty sure they're allowed to use blind trusts to continue investing, so I can't imagine any meaningful impact other than allowing for naked insider trading.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaaat? Yes let's misalign incentives from lawmakers and the general public even more. Great idea.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a way to earn approval rating when Biden's is practically at an all-time low.

At this rate Republicans only need to trim their nails to make them lame ducks for who-knows-how-long.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
And insiders who know the finances of a firm before everyone else does should be able to trade their own stock, right? Free market and all. Get fucked.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
And this is why a 2 party system does not make a democracy. One is literal evil and the other tries not to come off as evil.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that such a blatant conflict of interest rarely seems to come up really baffles me. Like, same with Trump not divesting his businesses while president - that, to me, is the single most blatant evidence of corruption, but most people don't even really mention it.

If politicians have money invested in certain industries, they're going to legislate in favor of those industries. Every time. If their assets aren't being held in a blind trust, I have no reason to trust them to work for my benefit instead of their own economic motives.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi is particularly terrible when it comes to the financial system, every time she opens her mouth about it something awful comes out. It's consistently her weakest issue as a representative and as speaker. This shit is what really loses elections, even if you think this you're not supposed to say it out loud

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just come out and say that your primary objective is to make more money for yourselves and your friends.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't she consistently beat the average market rate and even highly regarded fund managers? Of course she'd be against prohibiting it.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I guess they've already given up on winning in 2022 or 2024 if Pelosi didn't even bother giving a non-answer.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
My conspiracy brain almost thinks this is Russia trying to influence the election again, and the nthere's video footage of the lawmakers saying these things and I'm just completely dumbfounded at how the DP continues to put its foot in its mouth and alienate voters.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I don't dislike Pelosi as much as most people do, she's accomplished a lot of positive things for people. Especially when you take into account her very, very privileged upbringing. But she is clearly no longer able to communicate with regular people. I guess it isn't suprising when you're old and extremely wealthy, but it's the truth nonetheless.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
What people like Pelosi should remember:

heath-ledger-everything-burns.gif

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Half of these people wouldn't even bother to become politicians if they couldn't line their pocket in ways like this. Of course Pelosi is for what amounts to basically "insider trading". The grift is gooooood.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is why Democrats never really feel all that bad when Republicans win since they enjoy the benefits anyways

Oct 27, 2017
Conflict of interest, how does that work?

Pelosi is really just a collection of bullshit takes and Dems like her are why my dopey family says "both sides are the same".

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
My conspiracy brain almost thinks this is Russia trying to influence the election again, and the nthere's video footage of the lawmakers saying these things and I'm just completely dumbfounded at how the DP continues to put its foot in its mouth and alienate voters.

Given how much she dragged her feet on everything to do with Trump, she's either compromised by others or compromised morally. Democrats have been giving her a pass for too long. It's also frustrating personally as a Californian, as although we are a heavily Democratic state, our politicians are often corrupt and/or don't reflect the will of the people they're supposed to serve.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
There are people that follow Pelosi's stock tradings to make a profit.

finance.yahoo.com

Retail traders follow Nancy Pelosi's husband's stock moves to find winners

When in doubt, pick the same stocks that lawmakers' spouses are buying? That's what retail investors have been doing when it comes to trades made by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's husband, Paul Pelosi.

Ha, I was about to post this too.

Here's another article from NPR about this: https://www.npr.org/2021/09/21/1039...tocks-by-watching-what-members-of-congress-do

Among a certain community of individual investors on TikTok, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's stock trading disclosures are a treasure trove. "Shouts out to Nancy Pelosi, the stock market's biggest whale," said user 'ceowatchlist.' Another said, "I've come to the conclusion that Nancy Pelosi is a psychic," while adding that she is the "queen of investing."

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit