• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost hoping this is a honeypot.

These fascists will definitely skim the inevitable donation money this will bring in for personal use. They are really comfortable from the last 4 years of being able to get away with everything because Trump and the GOP let them.

Now they are going to face dire consequences for their actions.

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
Run the risk of just more donations to let them keep avoiding it. Ban from entering the building is much more effective.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Why not jailtime too?

Now that they can pass anything they want they should make Republicans lives as difficult as painful as possible for them refusing to do the bare minimum to keep others safe. Don't wear your mask? Fine and be removed from the chambers. Don't go through metal detectors? Fine and removal. Bringing a gun into a restricted area, fine and jail time.

Tlozbj

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Puerto Rico
A $5,000 or $10,000 fine would financially wreck me but for these rich assholes it's like pennies.

When you consider their will also be a fine for those that do not wear a mask ($500 for 1st offense, $2500 for 2nd offense onwards), the GOPers that actually try to dodge the detectors an not wear a mask would lose their monthly salary in two days. So, seeing how its the recently elected QAnoners who are the most against this, it should sting them pretty badly.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
What a bunch of selfish baby dicks. Just go through the damn metal detectors. Right now the country needs people being good people more than political grandstanding and maneuvering so grow the f**k up.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why don't they just say "hey, you don't go through the metal detector, you don't go in?"

seems like a pretty cut and dry solution.
Maybe it is unconstitutional to bar a rep from entering the floor for a vote once they've been seated for a term? I can think of some good reasons that might be the case, though obvious there are downsides like this case.

Just speculation, but I can't see why they wouldn't bar them otherwise.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
Maybe it is unconstitutional to bar a rep from entering the floor for a vote once they've been seated for a term? I can think of some good reasons that might be the case, though obvious there are downsides like this case.

Just speculation, but I can't see why they wouldn't bar them otherwise.

They're allowed to vote via proxy. It honestly doesn't make sense.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Institute a congressional dress-code that includes uniforms and clear backpacks. That should cut down on the number of guns in our halls of government.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Yet another stupid wedge partisan issue that will take up valuable congressional time/page space. It never ends.

fade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They all have to use see through briefcases and purses from now on. This is the price of freedom.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
Can't they try to make it an actual law with criminal charges if you fail to go through them or refuse inspection when you go through them and they go off?
No, because it's in the Constitution that members of Congress cannot be stopped on their way to Congress. The idea is good, imagine if you could ruin votes by arresting a Congressperson on their way to go vote. These fucks are taking it to a new level. The Constitution also allows Congress to set its own rules, so Pelosi is really the only one who can put pressure on them.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
A lot of rural conservatives think this of every city. It's sad but also hilarious when they talk about being hesitant of going to an event/concert in "the city" because they think they will get mugged.

Not gonna lie, I thought this about DC for a while. Last time I was there was about a decade ago. Dragged there by my parents for a vacation to see monuments and what not. My dad specifically got us rooms at a military base there (Retired Vet) because he believed it'd be safer.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
These "adults" don't think they should have to go through metal detectors, but 5-year-old kids trying to get an education do because of the misinterpreted Second Amendment.

ThisIsAmerica.gif

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
This was one of the reps:

(It's illegal to carry firearms in D.C.)

Thank goodness for her that five foot zero 100 pound women are only attacked via slow moving frontal targets that give her enough time to clearly shoot them. All of us taller and heavier ladies are not as lucky.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I have an idea.

How about, instead of doing this, the Capitol police refuses to let them inside instead of allowing them through?

Hell why not both. First offense you're barred entry. Second offense, you're barred entry AND you get fined $5000. Third offense, barred and $10000.

Also, serious question but how do these people behave at airports?

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Love it. But the fine should really just continue to double beyond the first incident and if you're salary his zero you have to pay cash on hand.

Can't they try to make it an actual law with criminal charges if you fail to go through them or refuse inspection when you go through them and they go off?

That would require it to go through the Senate as well. Whereas this can be determined from the house alone since it only affects the house.

Last edited:

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
This doesn't go far enough. What about the third, fourth, fifth offenses? If the fines don't continue after the second, they'll just keep on not caring. $15k is nothing to these jerks.

We can't just kick them in the wallet. We have to kick them in the wallet's nuts.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
A $5,000 or $10,000 fine would financially wreck me but for these rich assholes it's like pennies.
Far from it. While most of them were well off before entering Congress they still subsist off their average 175K salary. $5000 hit is like hitting a low income earner with a $1k fine.

That's a hit they are going to feel even if the aren't representatives who weren't wealthy before getting their political position.

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
"Oh wow I can skip the metal detector. It only costs $5000!"

Make it 10% of their gross annual income.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
They'll just go through them, set them off and keep on walking. I think this has already happened a couple of times. The security won't actually stop an elected Rep on their way to the floor.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These people without masks are basically firing invisible guns so maybe do something about that

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, I thought this about DC for a while. Last time I was there was about a decade ago. Dragged there by my parents for a vacation to see monuments and what not. My dad specifically got us rooms at a military base there (Retired Vet) because he believed it'd be safer.

DC was very bad back in the day. Remember they renamed the Bullets, (the NBA team) at least in part because there were so many shootings.