• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
giphy.gif

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it would never happen. Holy crap about that senate news too. Drag his name through the mud all the way to the election.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fair. I wonder if the complaint is not that explosive, and Republicans have been briefed on it already.
It's probably that they knew it was inevitable that it would get out, and if it's not explosive, it's better to look like they were doing something so they can say they're fair, if it is explosive, they can use this nonbinding vote for cover.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
So forget whether he comitted a crime -

Does this energize dems or reps to vote more in 2020? Did we just lose the Senate?
I'd say, for the moment, it galvanizes both more than anything. But considering that all of the senate agreed to get the Ukraine transcripts from Trump, it might be in the Dems favor in the long run. Though, I'm just pundit armcharing here.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
This is what I saw posted on the old forum:

Russia didn't work.

Comey didn't work.

Trump Jr. Didn't work.

Women sex accusation didn't work

Mueller didn't wotk

Racism didn't work

Mexican cages didn't work

Lying about the economy being bad didn't work.

Russia part 2 didn't work

Racism part 2 didn't work

Trans ban didn't work

Mueller part 2 didn't work

International scandal didn't work.

Trans ban part 2 didn't work

Roger stone didn't work

Women sex accusation part 2 didn't work

Mexican cages part 2

300000000 hour constant 24.7 news coverage didn't work.

Mueller part 3 final didn't work,

tons of hearings didn't work.

AOC/Omar didn't work

Trans ban part 3 didn't work

Racism part 3 didn't work

Lewandowski didn't work.

Now we are at the possible preparation on a potential impeachment based on probable evidence that doesn't actual exist in theory.

Ok. Please actual do the impeachment full sails ahead to fail and bump up the President in all those areas you call fly over including democrat regions you don't visit so he can get all those too. Also the Tulsi voters will mostly go right to him based on how you treat her and how center she is. Biden will fall because this is a distraction from his garbage, and thus Warren will be your only hope, but see, the Indians always get revenge so that's a loss.

Also yeah, there's more, but i covered the more popular attempts to "get trump" here.

When you list it all out there, it looks really damn pathetic.

Jun 20, 2019
I hope this leads to removal. I believe Congress setting the boundary for impeachment at such egregious behavior, in light of everything else he has done, is a long-term harm that may come back to further push the nation toward dictatorship.

Impeachment is either far too unwieldy to hold the a President in check or it is simply being neglected by an irresponsible Congress. Regardless, all of the restraints against executive overreach have already been weakened.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Boris Johnson and Donald Trump (maybe) come crashing down on the same day gives me joy

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for Trump's 3am tweets tonight.

Curious how Hannity and Carlson plan on spinning it for him?

Deep state? Her emails?

Have they invented any Biden conspiracies yet? Something about Joe's son?

They've likely pushed the story that Biden did the things the conspiracy is related to, and even insinuated Biden has admitted to this already.

This is what I got from my Fox News dad. He's furious this is happening, thinking this is gonna backfire and they're going after the wrong guy. We spoke for less than 40 seconds, today, cuz I can't handle it.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I saw posted on the old forum:

Russia didn't work.

Comey didn't work.

Trump Jr. Didn't work.

Women sex accusation didn't work

Mueller didn't wotk

Racism didn't work

Mexican cages didn't work

Lying about the economy being bad didn't work.

Russia part 2 didn't work

Racism part 2 didn't work

Trans ban didn't work

Mueller part 2 didn't work

International scandal didn't work.

Trans ban part 2 didn't work

Roger stone didn't work

Women sex accusation part 2 didn't work

Mexican cages part 2

300000000 hour constant 24.7 news coverage didn't work.

Mueller part 3 final didn't work,

tons of hearings didn't work.

AOC/Omar didn't work

Trans ban part 3 didn't work

Racism part 3 didn't work

Lewandowski didn't work.

Now we are at the possible preparation on a potential impeachment based on probable evidence that doesn't actual exist in theory.

Ok. Please actual do the impeachment full sails ahead to fail and bump up the President in all those areas you call fly over including democrat regions you don't visit so he can get all those too. Also the Tulsi voters will mostly go right to him based on how you treat her and how center she is. Biden will fall because this is a distraction from his garbage, and thus Warren will be your only hope, but see, the Indians always get revenge so that's a loss.

Also yeah, there's more, but i covered the more popular attempts to "get trump" here.

"x didn't work"

didn't work...in what sense? is your threshold for "something working" whether it results in Trump's removal from office? lol

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
I dont trust the Senate here at all. Most of them will go down with the Mango Mussolini so why vote to demand this report?

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
The Republicans voting unanimously with the Democrats to release the complaint today should be a good feeling but I just feel alarm bells. They never do anything out of the kindness of their heart. I wonder what they are up to?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

You mean Tulsi Gabbard of the Homophobic cult?

Man you wear your bullshit on your sleeve eh?

Oct 26, 2017
Exactly. Saying this will rile up R's for 2020 means jack shit. They were very riled-up in 2018 and still lost the House, because Dems and Moderates were more riled up. 2020 will likely see record voter turnout for Dems.
Yep, Trump's base is and has been at fever pitch. An impeachment wont boost his base.

It will boost Dems base

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So forget whether he comitted a crime -

Does this energize dems or reps to vote more in 2020? Did we just lose the Senate?

That's unknowable. A single tweet at the 11th hour could energize Republicans and House Dems doing their fucking jobs could energize Democrats. I'm of the opinion that Democrats having a spine will be beneficial, even when Trump is inevitably not removed from office and Republicans spin it as an embarrassing loss for Dems.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont trust the Senate here at all. Most of them will go down with the Mango Mussolini so why vote to demand this report?
Because this has the GOP in the Senate worried. It checks off virtually ever box you'd want in a scandal that would move public opinion.

If it swings hard against Trump they get caught in a catch-22 where it's piss off the base or piss off the majority of the electorate. Both are devastating for them.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Pro-tip: Stop saying "Senate won't convict." It lays the narrative groundwork to let the Senate off the hook. "Everyone said we wouldn't convict, no one's going to be too surprised or angry if we don't."

If the Senate is going to acquit, make it sell that to the public, don't do it months in advance for it.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
This and the UK ruling in the same day. There *is* a god.

Praise-pray the Horned Rat manthings, yes-yes.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
The Republicans voting unanimously with the Democrats to release the complaint today should be a good feeling but I just feel alarm bells. They never do anything out of the kindness of their heart. I wonder what they are up to?
Because the vote is toothless. It calls for the report to go to the intelligence committee, and is non-binding. Voting against it would look like a coverup, voting for it looks like they are being open.

Last edited:

ahoyle

Feb 16, 2018
Please let the transcript have a whole edited section written in sharpie and the Orange Shit can claim its original and unaltered

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pro-tip: Stop saying "Senate won't convict." It lays the narrative groundwork to let the Senate off the hook. "Everyone said we wouldn't convict, no one's going to be too surprised or angry if we don't."

If the Senate is going to acquit, make it sell that to the public, don't do it months in advance for it.
I mean, stating the obvious is just stating the obvious. We're not exactly elected politicians here, just people commenting on it and it's dishonest to believe that the Senate will convict. Well, short of some pretty obvious criminal audio-tapes.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Any talk about the Senate actually voting for removal is way, way, WAY premature. There were nine months of investigations in the House before Nixon's impeachment Resolution was voted on, and that was with just one committee (Judiciary) working. We've got six separate committees now starting investigations, I'm not sure this will even move to the Senate before the 2020 General Election.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
What does impeachment INQUIRY mean, actually? That they're just doing an investigation to determine if they go down the path of (attempted) impeachment, or is this the actual path to impeachment?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What does impeachment INQUIRY mean, actually? That they're just doing an investigation to determine if they go down the path of (attempted) impeachment, or is this the actual path to impeachment?
Every presidential impeachment has been preceded by an inquiry. It's the House's side of the investigation. The alternative would be to vote on it before fact finding and letting the Senate look into it. The Senate is Republican.

Feb 21, 2018
User Banned (1 Day): Trolling
He's such a thin-skinned person, for as rich and powerful as he is.

Uh, yes? Mike Pence can't win the 2020 election, whereas Trump might. The Senate isn't going to vote to convict Trump (we might get some GOP senators to defect) but if they did... Pence can't win. That would be a dream scenario for Dems.
I see, so this is all a stunt by the Democratic party to gain power. Didn't Pelosi out kavanaugh's accuser and sell her out to the media? How are these politicians still in office? All they care about is power! Does it really matter if your policy doesn't get pushed for another 4 years? Who cares? We still gotta pay taxes no matter who's in office.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
So, what's the deal? We gonna end up with Pence? Or do you think impeachment proceedings will last thru the elections?
Can't wait for 10 years of President Pence

It is nuts to me that the thing that drove Democrats over the edge impeachment was that Trump was going after Biden. Apparently you can do anything but that.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
When Comey got fired, we were told nothing would happen.
Something did. The Mueller investigation.
When the Mueller investigation concluded and presented evidence of criminal wrong doing by the President, we were told nothing would happen.
Something did. This.

See how this works? I've been told over and over again that 'nothing will happen' yet the process keeps on keeping on. If you mean 'Trump won't be forcibly removed from office' then at least say that.

And yeah. We know. The GOP are complete patsies and *if we can demonstrate that* to anyone who isn't drunk on the Kool Aid...

then that'd sure be something.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see, so this is all a stunt by the Democratic party to gain power. Didn't Pelosi out kavanaugh's accuser and sell her out to the media? How are these politicians still in office? All they care about is power! Does it really matter if your policy doesn't get pushed for another 4 years? Who cares? We still gotta pay taxes no matter who's in office.
the fuck are you going on about?