• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm super confused by the fat shaming reaction in this thread. Of all the Trump jabs to get people upset, it's Trump being called morbidly obese... I'm at a loss for words

So as someone who struggles with weight I have had people I'm friendly with start talking shit on other fat people right next to me and all it makes me think is what do they say about me when I'm not around.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
He's old, fat and dumb and putting people even dumber than him and also at risk in danger. She's not attacking the fat people, like some of you, that are large for reasons out of your control, shes not shaming fat people she's shaming one specific fat morbidly obese by choice moron that is lying and putting people in danger.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is obviously lying about taking the drug but Pelosi gives him sound advice. I'm also shocked that people think there's anything incorrect about calling him obese? He's an old, obese man, those are two huge risk factors for Covid-19.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling; History of Infractions
Trump being a shitty hateful fascist piece of shit lowlife human scum shouldn't make fatphobic rhetoric fine. Right?

Like people here are posting .GIFs/memes clearly intending to mock the concept of fatness.
Sky is blue, skinny person is skinny, water is wet, fat person is fat, sorry for the water shaming!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
He's old, fat and dumb and putting people even dumber than him and also at risk in danger. She's not attacking the fat people, like some of you, that are large for reasons out of your control, shes not shaming fat people she's shaming one specific fat morbidly obese by choice moron that is lying and putting people in danger.

Why does it matter if someone is "obese by choice?" This is the kind of shit I'm talking about lol

Sky is blue, skinny person is skinny, water is wet, fat person is fat, sorry for the water shaming!

Thanks.

So as someone who struggles with weight I have had people I'm friendly with start talking shit on other fat people right next to me and all it makes me think is what do they say about me when I'm not around.

Yeah this is really it. Fat people internalize stuff like this thread where it's just open season to make fun of fat people.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is obviously lying about taking the drug but Pelosi gives him sound advice. I'm also shocked that people think there's anything incorrect about calling him obese? He's an old, obese man, those are two huge risk factors for Covid-19.
and more importantly in group that has a super high fatality rate when using hydroxychloroquine unnecessarily.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Remember, when you judge someone else by their body in front of others, they will probably think you say the same about them behind their backs.
With that being said I don't know/fuck with any of yall and im healthy personally, but some of the stuff here in this thread is crazy

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, I completely understand that making fun of Trump's weight doesn't attack just him but anyone that has felt or seen the harm those words cause and some internalize that public jab at Trump. I've been guilty of that myself but it is worth considering as there are countless ways to demean President Shit Smeared Hole Where a Human should have been that don't hurt other people unnecessarily.

It is however an important medical fact that public needs to know regarding the President being proud of unnecessarily taking ineffective medicine that is especially deadly to his age and weight group. In that context it's not shaming. People's own take away and opinion about it probably will be though.

It annoys me that this kind of medical knowledge is hitting some (not just trumpers) for the first time from a politician and will therefore will spread much less than if it came from prominent nonpartisan medical experts. I can't really blame Pelosi for that though.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
hey, not naming anyone specifically, but we can see this and we'll remember this. Just like the whole "Trump and Putin are gay, right??? :) trump_with_gay_makeup_kissing_putin.jpg" shit. why y'all gotta be like this? why pretend to be with people, then use the same thing to mock the political enemy with, then immediately pedaling back with the "but see it isn't about you, it's ok when we mock Trump for it, really, we woke, honest."
"she ain't attacking him, she is just naming facts" why the fire emoji in the op though? come the fuck on, just say you hate fat people 🙄
dude is a fascist and there's a myriad of ways of attacking him, why always resort to this dumb shit?

Deleted member 8644

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why are some many of you acting like she's a doctor and she's just stating facts? There's an obvious implication here and I find it hard to believe none of you can read any kind of subtext. Especially since half the thread is "wow this is epic".

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
hey, not naming anyone specifically, but we can see this and we'll remember this. Just like the whole "Trump and Putin are gay, right??? :) trump_with_gay_makeup_kissing_putin.jpg" shit. why y'all gotta be like this? why pretend to be with people, then use the same thing to mock the political enemy with, then immediately pedaling back with the "but see it isn't about you, it's ok when we mock Trump for it, really, we woke, honest."
"she ain't attacking him, she is just naming facts" why the fire emoji in the op though? come the fuck on, just say you hate fat people 🙄
dude is a fascist and there's a myriad of ways of attacking him, why always resort to this dumb shit?

because it'd expose their inaction, failings and maybe even hypocrisy...

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Eh, it's like the tiny hands talk. Doesn't matter whether it's true or not, it'll be relevant just by how badly he'll respond to the claim. Maybe Trump shouldn't claim he's taking a drug that would put him in actual danger, potentially inspiring copycats who might actually die from it.

If she said that about anybody else their response might be a single dismissal but Trump is the type to be bringing up his weight from now on until eternity.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Gonna be real, as someone who is obese, and is currently dealing with a health complication that is a direct result of me being obese, the garbage I am seeing in this thread is not fucking okay.

Just because it's a Trump thread, and we're all shitting on the worthless piece of human garbage in the white house doesn't mean that some of the things being posted in this thread are okay, because spoilers they fucking aren't.

As if I needed another reason not to feel safe posting on this site anymore.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I will not stand for Pelosi age-shaming, fat-shaming, and idiot-shaming in that quote. That's the real problem with this world, not that the President of the United States is likely lying about taking a medication that is scientifically unsafe for him, and the other people he is trying to influence to take it.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: hostility, body shaming
Lol? In what universe is this similar to that? Pelosi didn't call half his base fat slobs or anything.

I'm starting to think his appeal is widespread because he exemplifies the fat over the hill white kid loser getting back at the "cool kids" so much. People jump in to defend his fat racist ass by trying to pin people down with their faux outcries. Fuck that fat ass racist fuck.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Why are some many of you acting like she's a doctor and she's just stating facts? There's an obvious implication here and I find it hard to believe none of you can read any kind of subtext. Especially since half the thread is "wow this is epic".
Yeah the implication is that overweight people are more at risk for side-effects from the drug.

The handwringing is funny.

Deleted member 8644

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the implication is that overweight people are more at risk for side-effects from the drug.

The handwringing is funny.
Lol you can pretend to be dumb all you want, but the way this thread has gone with fire emojis and shade tells the truth. This doesn't have to be a huge deal, I just wish people wouldn't go "omg epic" because an elected official called someone fat, even if they're a despicable human being. What's really insulting on top of that is you pretending not to see the insult.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
This thread took turns I didn't expect.

Dude is probably bullshitting about taking a drug that would be bad for him. That and how it could affect so many people negatively should be the main take away here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Not as much as some of you apparently.

Got 'em!

The outrage spent on this (outrage is a dramatic word for it, granted) is better spent on literally any other thing. Trump is a fascist and people are dying. Get a grip

People can do multiple things at once. There are multiple posters here saying the discussion here is making them uncomfortable. Are their concerns not valid when placed in the greater context of how we discuss fat people?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Lol you can pretend to be dumb all you want, but the way this thread has gone with fire emojis and shade tells the truth. This doesn't have to be a huge deal, I just wish people wouldn't go "omg epic" because an elected official called someone fat, even if they're a despicable human being. What's really insulting on top of that is you pretending not to see the insult.

The fire emojis/omg epiccccc are dumb, the handwringing over Pelosi's actual statement is too.

Obese people are more likely to see side effects from the drug, oh snap

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
I can't quite put my finger on why but both the people defending Pelosi and the people slamming her are equally irritating me.

Weird cognitive dissonance effect from this thread.

I guess it is because I know the fat shaming is wrong but also that it's hard to get genuinely worked up when it is applied to such a bullying shitbird like Trump. Impossible for me to get truly emotionally stirred up either way.

Last edited:

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
People can do multiple things at once. There are multiple posters here saying the discussion here is making them uncomfortable. Are their concerns not valid when placed in the greater context of how we discuss fat people?

If it was literally anyone else, I wouldn't argue. But this sort of childish behaviour is exactly what riles Trump up.

Dec 31, 2017
Eh, I would rather we refrain from that type of stuff; that defines the right wing, and shouldn't seep into left wing rhetoric. Then again fuck trump.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If it was literally anyone else, I wouldn't argue. But this sort of childish behaviour is exactly what riles Trump up.

I don't really care that much about what Pelosi tweeted, I think it's dumb but not worth losing sleep over. My concern is the people in here clearly having fun mocking the concept of fatness or writing dumb shit like "obesity by choice."

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I honest to God hand on my heart cannot fucking believe people on Era are spending time getting upset that someone pointed out something that is medically factual in Trump's direction.

It's just........wow. Of all the things to spend time and energy on lol

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
User banned (2 weeks): Excessive hostility, inflammatory community generalizations.
Man you fucking libs can't even be consistent on this political correctness shit if it's a weak ass fuck burn on trump

Do you guys even have any fucking convictions besides just wanting a differently flavored rapist in the white house?

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
I honest to God hand on my heart cannot fucking believe people on Era are spending time getting upset that someone pointed out something that is medically factual in Trump's direction.

Pelosi is a doctor now? You too? Any of you have knowledge of his medical condition outside of "huh huh he fat lmao"?

I have no love at all for the piece of shit Trump is but that doesn't justify getting dumb as hell for a kindergarden-level gotcha.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017

The guy is a loser that's failed upwards all his life, people that are are even worse off look up to broken trash like him and will defend him under the guise of standing up to a social justice cause.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
she said someone in his age group as well, oh my, she's calling him old!
Man you fucking libs can't even be consistent on this political correctness shit if it's a weak ass fuck burn on trump

Do you guys even have any fucking convictions besides just wanting a differently flavored rapist in the white house?
Damn some people really are losing it lmao

Grug

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah we rightfully relish it here and get our "you hate to see it" on when Nazis and racist bigots get a punch in the face yet it's apparently totally unacceptable to see someone like Trump who openly bullies people on their appearance cop a little bit back.

Very hard to have objective morality in the presence of someone as repugnant as Trump. The morality olympics gets a little too much sometimes.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Pelosi is a doctor now? You too? Any of you have knowledge of his medical condition outside of "huh huh he fat lmao"?

I have no love at all for the piece of shit Trump is but that doesn't justify getting dumb as hell for a kindergarden-level gotcha.
Oh come on now. Have you seen a picture of Trump? Would you say that he is physically fit? That he is not over weight?

Be honest now.

Status
Not open for further replies.