• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dimelo

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
MIA
Of course twitter idiots are eating this up. I swear her stans are some of the dumbest people on earth.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
People saying "well she's technically correct and using medical terms!" are so transparent jesus.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
I probably would've stopped at "weight range". Would've made the point (and still have been a sick burn) without sounding petty.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
As a fat person 'obese' is fine. It's the reality of the situation. I can't ignore it, I don't expect others to.

You're okay with another person calling you obese? I can call you obese? Random people on the street can call you obese?

I have a hard time believing that as someone who spent their whole life struggling with weight until recently.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
You're okay with another person calling you obese? I can call you obese? Random people on the street can call you obese?

I have a hard time believing that as someone who spent their whole life struggling with weight until recently.

yes because it's the literal term. I've constantly had to glide from being borderline obese all the way to morbidly obese depending on how depressed I am. I'd rather someone call me obese which is the correct term rather than fat, fatty, etc.

And even more, let's not ignore context. If someone pulled me to the side on something likely to cause a heart attack because I'm obese and I'm not aware of how strenuous and risky it could be, I'd appreciate it. Donald Trump will be triggered because of his vanity not because it's something bad to tell someone.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
yes because it's the literal term. I've constantly had to glide from being borderline obese all the way to morbidly obese depending on how depressed I am. I'd rather someone call me obese which is the correct term rather than fat, fatty, etc.

Do you believe the average person uses "obese" literally or as a pejorative?

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so now we get on Pelosi's case about decorum, when these type of concerns are absent whenever we have a thread dominated by: Making fun of Chris Christie's weight, Laughing at how Lindsey Graham is still supposedly closeted, Pleading Obama to resort to name-calling Trump?

Honestly feels like a bunch of the "sick burn, do something actually helpful now" comments are people who were never fans of Pelosi, finding another avenue to get their jabs in like usual.

Edit: I mean, this forum has already normalized "President Fuckface" in thread titles, and now y'all wanna be offended? lol

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
You know I want nothing but the best for him, I think the only safe thing for the country and his health is to double the dose maybe even triple it. You can never have too much of that stuff.

mugurumakensei

Oct 25, 2017

when I hear it from my doctor, I assume quite literally. When I hear it from friends, I assume quite literally. When I hear it from work colleagues, I assume it quite literally. Why? Because most of the time, it's gonna be to warn me not to do something risky.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
The fact that he said was taking hydroxychloroquine is a roast in and of itself. She should've just stuck to that, there's really no need to fat shame or give the other side ammo

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
What a bizarre thread. Pelosi takes an incredibly light shot (and I struggle to even call it a shot) at a dude who has spent the last five years thinking up drastically more offensive names for dozens of people, and we're pearl clutching?

You've asked this dude the same question twice, and he's answered you twice. What argument are you trying to win?

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
The fact that he said was taking hydroxychloroquine is a roast in and of itself. She should've just stuck to that, there's really no need to fat shame or give the other side ammo

You're right, except the other side doesn't complain about fat shaming. This is a liberal concept. Hard to imagine them using it as ammo.
They don't like us to call him orange though.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Popping pills when not sick. Whatever could go wrong. Expecially with a drug that hasn't been proven to work.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018

It's no different from someone calling me white, male, bald, right-handed etc. They're all just 100% correct descriptors of me as person, obese included. I've been fat my whole life and i've heard every insult in the book. The acknowledgment that I have a high BMI in no way insulting. If someone wants to insult my weight they aren't gonna use the term 'obese'.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017

Someone walking up to on the street and saying "hey Mr. Obese" is not the same as someone saying "you shouldn't take that dangerous medication off-label because you're in your 70s and obese".

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
This fucker is why my monthly perscription for hydroxychloroquine was 350% more than usual because I had to get name brand because he's convinced people that they need it and usage has gone up 800%

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
wHrRoi9.jpg

His officially released Height and Weight put him something like 2lbs away from the medical definition of obese. And I personally don't believe those official numbers at all. I think Trump is certainly in the official medical obese category.

Given that the medical definition of being morbidly obese is smaller than most people think. You only need to have a BMI of 35 with underling conditions, or a BMI of 40 without any conditions to be officially morbidly obese. I would be SHOCKED if Trump didn't meet that criteria as well.

mugurumakensei

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's not. But when the President is literally tweeting that he's drinking a lethal substance, and that might cause his millions of followers to do the same, I think it's fine to make fun of him.

and it's not really even making fun of him(at least not for his weight). She's stating it be absurd for him to take it for no reason as he's in a high risk group. Mentioning he's in the high risk group is enough to trigger him because of his vanity and need to be deified.

Pico

Oct 28, 2017
Obese or morbidly obese? Fat shaming? Who cares? As if facts or being a decent human being mattered with him.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
The average person doesn't even know where the line is drawn for obese. They're not going to use it as an insult for someone who is actually obese because they wouldn't think the person is obese.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Really it's not even Pelosi's statement that I think is the worst part (although I can't say I'm a fan of it) is that it's just a chorus of people in this thread going "haha got 'em," or making jokes about him eating too much, clearly relishing in mocking the concept of fatness. It's messed up even if it's Trump. But I'm used to that.

Hello.

Jan 20, 2020
This has to be the most professional way to say that he is fat and the amount of people trying to co-opt it to take it out of context on Twitter is a testament to how far people will go.

Trump is massively overweight!

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
If Trump called an overweight woman "morbidly obese", how would you feel?

Isn't the more cogent question, how would she feel?

Here are some statements that hopefully put this in the proper context, because your question lacks it.

Let's be honest, Trump doesn't care about anyone but himself.
Trump is morbidly obese by the medical definition.
Morbidly obese people tend to have more health problems as the result of their weight.
Morbidly obese people that supposedly take medication against doctor's wishes are liable to have increased risk of health issues.

These are all things that are relevant that you are leaving out in your hypothetical.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Some people in this thread are acting like she called him a fatass pig or something I don't get it.

Also don't see the reason why people feel the need to protect Trump's fragile ego because he'll certainly be doing it himself for the next three weeks.

Aria

Nov 21, 2019
I've gotta say waking up and witnessing America's next political drama is always funny. I feel for you guys I do.

Pointing out the fact someone is fat isn't fat shaming. In a medical sense he is classed as obese and the entire sentence was framed about the drugs effects on age and weight.

This is closer to concern trolling. I can't wait for trump to finish his egg McMuffin and see this.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
User Warned: Body shaming
LMAO he's going to go on a tweet storm

Edit: what in the actual fuck at this thread, I can't believe there's so many people defending his fat ass when he has said worse about a bunch of women.

Last edited:

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Trump has made fun of people for being fat, so he's fair game (and cuz he's trash so who cares). So weird that people are jumping to defend him.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Whats crazy is she didnt even call him fat, she said hes at risk cuz hes obese. She listed a risk factor of the drug that he happens to have.

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
User banned (1 week): trolling, body shaming, previous bans for trolling with inappropriate drive-bys and images
Fat_Trump.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.