• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I'm going to be that guy and ask it. Why isnt' Doom 64... you know the previous Nintendo 64 only game... not rated for the current Nintendo system if it's getting a port? Here's hoping it's just a yet to be rated thing.

Happy regardless for everyone who gets to play it but weird lol.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Uh guys my N64 cartridge just disappeared in front of my eyes. Faded away like in a BTTF photo.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I would have assumed all interest in Doom 64 was alleviated on PC when someone ported it themselves as a wad file.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I can finally put my cartridge away and safely leave in Mario 64 as my "Well when I wanna fire this thing up for half an hour" game instead of cycling between the two

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I'm going to be that guy and ask it. Why isnt' Doom 64... you know the previous Nintendo 64 only game... not rated for the current Nintendo system if it's getting a port? Here's hoping it's just a yet to be rated thing.

Probably just hasn't been rated for other consoles.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
I was writing a more detailed thread about this but oh well.

Doom 64 is fucking awesome. it was heavily panned by some circles because it was released between Turok and GoldenEye and because the enemies are "still in 2D, so it sucks by default because ugly polygons are the future" but for me it is the Doom with the best setting and atmosphere, the haunting ambient soundtrack is still legendary and the level design is Doom at it's finest... in fact I prefer Doom 64 over 3.

Yeah, I know Doom64 EX exist (and The Absolution before that) but I'm happy for this, this game deserves more recognition.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

You don't really want it if it's as bad as the current D1-3 releases.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I wonder if the guy behind Doom 64 EX and Powerslave EX had a hand in this. He worked on the Turok remasters, if I recall correctly.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice, that would essentially make the entire classic Doom catalogue available on PS4 with Doom Classic Complete, Doom 3, Doom 2016, Doom VFR and Doom Eternal. Unless I'm missing something.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Should be noted that the DOOM and DOOM II ratings by PEGI were also only for PS4, PC. So if DOOM 64 is being re-released it'll be on Xbox One and Switch too, undoubtedly.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I rented it back when it came out and it absolutely destroyed me physically.
The only two games that made me sicker were Half-Life 2 and Drive Club VR when I'd never tried VR before.

Oct 25, 2017

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Was DOOM 64 a completely original game, or more of a remix of original DOOM?

Ive heard it has some unique story stuff, but I haven't heard anything about its levels.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I want this so much. Feels like it should have been rereleased so long ago, but glad it's finally happening.

Oct 25, 2017
Should be noted that the DOOM and DOOM II ratings by PEGI were also only for PS4, PC. So if DOOM 64 is being re-released it'll be on Xbox One and Switch too, undoubtedly.

Lovely

Vi9TBGX.gif