• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Now a few questions after seeing news which I am estatic about...

Who should play Tommy?
Who should play sarah?

Also since Nicolaj isnt Joel can we have him as Wolverine now..

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm happy that I just picked up an HBO sub. I did not even have this idea in my head to have Pedro casted as Joel and now I frankly cannot think of anyone else better. Great casting decision!

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Dang I was hoping

image0-2.jpg

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Really nice pick! The show could be good. Pedro has been getting some great roles in recent years, which is definitely deserved.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
There was one way this show would finally make me care about Joel (yes I never cared for him while playing the games, sorry not sorry), and they fucking did it, they fucking used the Pedro Pascal card on me and I'm absolutely here for it!
Also Bella Ramsey is a pretty cool choice for Ellie as well, loved her in GoT!

I'm not getting even more excited for this show :D

zeuanimals

Nov 23, 2017
I just watched The Mandalorian for the first time. Perfect casting. He's gonna pull off the sincere dadness for the ultimate sadness.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
*Goes back a few months to see my casting prediction for Joel*

Stone Cold Steve Austin as Joel. Give him a wig and you're all set. He's got a Texan accent and I can easily believe he'd be capable of stomping a mudhole in anything that comes his way.

... Ok, I wanna see Joel Stone Cold stunner a bloater :)

Dang, close but no cigar. Still wanna see Joel stunner a bloater :D

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I think he can wear the worn/tired/jaded look better than Ali, who I think looks too fresh faced/young to be Joel. Then again, Ali is a better actor from what I've seen of their performances, so we'll see.
With right make up, Ali plays any age you want. He was excellent in True Detective where he played three differently aged versions of the character (30's, 40's, 70's).
www.indiewire.com

‘True Detective’: Creating the Three Faces of Mahershala Ali’s Troubled Wayne Hays

"The Nutty Professor" and "Amadeus" were inspirations for the creation of the old age makeup for Ali's tour de force performance.
Pascal is absolutely a great pick though.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
This could be their Walking Dead. Def one of their next flagship series. HBO max is the place to be. Between this Batman, the got spinoff, all the movies they're swinging.

Oct 26, 2017
Only thing that is going to suck is that no one is going to buy that Joel is going to have to protect Lady Mormont... Maybe they'll switch the story and she's protecting Joel lol.

Edit: also Pedro: Double Tap avoids headaches.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now give me Boyd Holbrook for Tommy (yeah, I did that thing where they're both blond and I'd like to see it, sue me).

It's true that Tommy's part for a first season would be pretty small (assuming one season=one game), but I'd love to see what he could do with the character in the second one. Good mix of dramatic, familiar and aggressive later on.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Now give me Boyd Holbrook for Tommy (yeah, I did that thing where they're both blond and I'd like to see it, sue me).

It's true that Tommy's part for a first season would be pretty small (assuming one season=one game), but I'd love to see what he could do with the character in the second one. Good mix of dramatic, familiar and aggressive later on.

That got me thinking. I wonder if they do a one season per game or try to expand the world with one season per like actual seasons of the year.

Though I could see it getting old fast but somehow I can trust Neil and the crew to keep it fresh.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Hmm, alright. If they didn't mind having two GoT actors, imo Coster-Waldau would have fit better. But not a bad choice I guess.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
That's perfect casting. Different enough from the game to be refreshing and it's own thing, but with such a great actor that you know will nail the character. Love Pascal.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This guy is reaching Keanu Reeves levels. Similar to how whenever Keanu Reeves is casted all I see is Keanu rather than the character.

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That got me thinking. I wonder if they do a one season per game or try to expand the world with one season per like actual seasons of the year.

Though I could see it getting old fast but somehow I can trust Neil and the crew to keep it fresh.

It's true that if Neil had any regrets or wanted to further build the world and/or other characters, the fact that he's involved makes it so they could actually establish stuff in the series, make that canon and then bring it to future games.

I'd like that, having new characters introduced in the series and then having them appear in the next game. Not sure it's viable as using actors as face models should be much more expensive than just getting fashion models, but who knows.

Micerider

Nov 11, 2017
Actually the helmet always on Mando is a good thing, it makes it more convenient for Pascal when he's doing other things and it shows off his acting chops (when he's there, but props to his standins too). He conveys a lot of emotion even with his helmet on. It's like how Karl Urban always helmet Dredd is a billion times better than Stallone no helmet Dredd.

My joke was rather related to rumors that Pedro was not satisfied by the "Always On" helmet situation :p

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pedro's certainly got more of an intensity about him than Mahershala but still on the fence on this casting choice as well. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care for The Last of Us, so I just hope this won't have negative effects on the Mandalorian, though I imagine Disney has a pretty solid contract.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I wonder what will go into production first, Mando S3 for TLoU? I mean they're just going into production on TBoBF right? So Mando is probably a ways off. So they can probably do all the production on TLoU and then he can jump straight onto Mando where needed.

Deleted member 10612

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reason why the voice actress (and face model) of Ellie isn't hired? I guess age, but does it really matter in the context of a post apocalyptic world? What Ellie had witnessed would fuck her up, be it at 15yo or.. 25yo. I dont get it. Hope this is more of a mini series where they just tell the story in a tight manner. I really hope its not turning into a bloated 6 season deal.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why the voice actress (and face model) of Ellie isn't hired? I guess age, but does it really matter in the context of a post apocalyptic world? What Ellie had witnessed would fuck her up, be it at 15yo or.. 25yo. I dont get it. Hope this is more of a mini series where they just tell the story in a tight manner. I really hope its not turning into a bloated 6 season deal.

25? Ashley Johnson is around 40 years old, close to Pascal.