• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
This is great, loved him as Mando. I hope they give Joel a Hispanic background, still from Texas. Would be a great way to differentiate things a little from the game

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Pedro Pascal is a great casting choice for Joel. I am liking everything so far about this show.

Edit-There were Mahershala Ali rumors? That also would have been absolutely awesome casting.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
YESSSSSSS. Pascal will be a busy man between TLoU & The Mandalorian. Also, another GoT actor -- you better give me some Deadwood actors, too, HBO.

(I had to laugh that while I was wondering who they'd cast as Joel in the Ellie thread, I'd literally missed Joel being announced, lol.)

I mean W Earl Brown is right there, and no reason he can't play Bill.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
As much as I like Pedro, this isn't a show that needs star power. It would be 100% good with a character actor getting elevated to a star.

Hollywood seems to forget there are more than a handful of actors.
While I don't dislike the casting for Joel, I do feel like both Ellie and Joel's character would have greatly benefited from going the GoT route and largely getting mostly unknown actors or character actors to fill the roles.

...Not simply poaching the former GoT actors that are conveniently on directories because of HBO connections.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Has me wondering who will play Tommy, I assume they'll cast some who shares the same race as Pedro. Tommy always seemed the most easy to do 1 to 1 given he looks pretty similar to his actor, has an very important role in the story, but also doesn't have too much screen time.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
While I don't dislike the casting for Joel, I do feel like both Ellie and Joel's character would have greatly benefited from going the GoT route and largely getting mostly unknown actors or character actors to fill the roles.

...Not simply poaching the former GoT actors that are conveniently on directories because of HBO connections.
Yeah exactly.

It extends to voice overs where Wil Arnett does everything now. It's kind of like "why not let someone else get this life changing gig rather than just letting Wil get another pool?"

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
So, two leads already familiar with HBO productions.

countdown to Shea Whigham getting cast as David >.>

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
that dude's post-apocalyptic beard is gonna be off the charts, goddamn

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes Pedro!

Man I love seeing Latin American actors get more recognition

Let's see how many other GoT actors they cast

Last edited:

Micerider

Nov 11, 2017
Pedro on Manladorian's set : "Hey, can I remove the helmet and show some emotions acting skills?"

Disney : "No fam"

Neil : evil genius laugh

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
People talking about Pedro and the schedule for TLOU and Mando, but isn't Mando taking a bit of a hiatus as the other series get going? Could be wrong but I thought Mando season 3 is a bit out on the schedule?

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
WHAT IS HAPPENING, what a roller coaster...

This could be good? But the new Wonder Woman had ruined my love for him a bit lol... I do want to see him with a beard tho... hmmmm

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
Something tells me that he can pull off a badass father like figure. I don't know why...

This is the way.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
I would have preferred Nikolaj Coster-Waldau but Pedro Pascal seems really good for the role too

Has he made some similar role ? I want to see it

Violater

Nov 19, 2017
Hope he keeps good people around him so he stay's out of trouble. Big things happening for him.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Pedro on Manladorian's set : "Hey, can I remove the helmet and show some emotions acting skills?"

Disney : "No fam"

Neil : evil genius laugh

Actually the helmet always on Mando is a good thing, it makes it more convenient for Pascal when he's doing other things and it shows off his acting chops (when he's there, but props to his standins too). He conveys a lot of emotion even with his helmet on. It's like how Karl Urban always helmet Dredd is a billion times better than Stallone no helmet Dredd.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Actually the helmet always on Mando is a good thing, it makes it more convenient for Pascal when he's doing other things and it shows off his acting chops (when he's there, but props to his standins too). He conveys a lot of emotion even with his helmet on. It's like how Karl Urban always helmet Dredd is a billion times better than Stallone no helmet Dredd.

how much is actually Pedro when he actually has his helmet on?...I mean do they really need him for those scenes?...they should just have him dub his voice from a studio...

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
I wonder if Tess' actress, Annie Wersching, would get a shot at her role again.
EScedgPVAAAHn44.jpg

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Gina Carano fired and Pedro Pascal picks up a sweet new gig in the same day.

This is the way.

WHAT IS HAPPENING, what a roller coaster...

This could be good? But the new Wonder Woman had ruined my love for him a bit lol... I do want to see him with a beard tho... hmmmm
I think Pascal did about as well as he or anyone could have with that awful script. I wouldn't hold WW2 against him.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
The remix was made by Dylan Brady of 100 gecs and this type of hyper pop is their thing. It's very marmite but I enjoy it
*Latino just being a Latino*

You're not ethnic enough for me!

Y'all do realize what I wrote is more about his look and WW84 not this topic. I had a better joke later but I did it on twitter instead