• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rizzy13

Oct 25, 2020
this is probably the closest thing to a beard I've ever seen on him

3e318a8f0a868ea059650b2a2b2150b9.jpg
What if they're assuming he can grow a beard but this is as good as it gets haha

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Not my first choice for Joel but I do like Pedro Pascal as an actor a lot so fuck it, let's go.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit. I love this dude.

Edit: If anyone hasn't watched him in Narcos I highly recommend it. He's great in it.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I honestly don't get why Mazin (whose track record pre-Chernobyl is dreadful) instills confidence in this project. The best he can do here is be in charge of the more suspenseful and horror aspects, going off Chernobyl.
If you listen to something like this interview:
www.bbc.co.uk

BBC Radio 5 Live - Must Watch, Chernobyl Special (with Craig Mazin)

As Sky Atlantic’s hit show makes BAFTA history, Nihal speaks to its creator.

You realize that people don't always have the fortune of coming into Hollywood working on the type of projects they would prefer to be working on. But you have to put food on the table.

Craig talks about it a bit in this and a couple other podcasts I've listened to about how basically his career up to that point was building up enough trust and equity in the minds of people in the industry to actually give him a shot at doing something like Chernobyl. And it's clear it's paid off because he is now able to move onto projects he actually seems to be pretty passionate about.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Unexpected choice, but he's a great actor. I can dig it.

Isn't he only the voice of the character? He can voice in his lines from a hotel room like he already seems to be doing.
No it's actually him in the suit (minus when they have a stunt man of course).

He barely needs to be on set for Mando, especially with the next book focusing on someone else.
That's a separate show.

Regardless, I don't think this will interfere with Mandolorian's schedule. It's not like either of these are 26 episode network shows. Mandalorian has like eight 30 minute episodes a season and HBO originals average around 10 and often times have even less. As long as they don't start shooting at the same time (which is something I'm sure Pedro took in to account before taking the role), it's totally doable for him to do both.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
As much as I like Pedro, this isn't a show that needs star power. It would be 100% good with a character actor getting elevated to a star.

Hollywood seems to forget there are more than a handful of actors.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
That's some pretty good casting, I like it. However... it'll probably mean that the show is gonna suck and is gonna get cancelled because

that's the monkey paw

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I like Pedro, this isn't a show that needs star power. It would be 100% good with a character actor getting elevated to a star.

Hollywood seems to forget there are more than a handful of actors.

HBO is the biggest star fucking service around (well, second biggest now since Apple started doing its thing) - there was 0 chance of them casting someone who wasn't at the very least already well known

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Perfectly cromulent choice, I expect he'll be good in it if the material is anything close to worthy.