• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Oh yah- this i can see. Get that grizzle out and refine that Texas accent from Kingsmen and he's good to go, baybeeeee!

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well good luck to both of them.It's gonna take something special to even think of them as Joel and Ellie in my mind.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Craig Mazin (HBO's Chernobyl) is writing and executive producing the series alongside Neil Druckmann. It's in good hands.

I haven't watched Chernobyl yet, but I hear it's fantastic, so this is great news! Thanks for the clarification! I definitely have high expectations as far as this shows quality goes!

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Pedro Pascal playing one of my favorite video game characters of all time? I dunno if my heart can take this.

jkk411

Jul 22, 2018
Everything lining up nicely... I think this thing could be a massive success for HBO. Lot of ways it can still fall apart, but they are on the right track based on everything we are learning about the project.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
I haven't watched Chernobyl yet, but I hear it's fantastic, so this is great news! Thanks for the clarification! I definitely have high expectations as far as this shows quality goes!
Unlike lot of other video game adaptations, Craig is also a huge fan of the games. He has a great podcast episode with Troy discussing this.
So while things can obviously go wrong, this show is getting all the right prerequisites to be a grand hit.

This is actually even smarter in that this has the potential to reach the mando audience that loved the adventures of baby Yoda & mando. Season 3 is definitely not gonna be that and this could serve to fill that hole for them. and on completely different note? This is looking real bad for the walking dead to say the least. It's clear hbo is heavily investing in this ip & If it hits on all cylinders? The walking dead is gonna have some big fucking problems Worst than what they have now.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
User Banned (1 Month): Erasing Minority Identity Over Multiple Posts; History of Trolling Over Concerns of Racism
We must go ethnic but not too ethnic...bring us that white dude from Wonder Woman 1984!

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Unlike lot of other video game adaptations, Craig is also a huge fan of the games. He has a great podcast episode with Troy discussing this.
So while things can obviously go wrong, this show is getting all the right prerequisites to be a grand hit.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like it! It's kind of funny, but when it comes to potentially adapting a video game into a tv show, i don't feel the same level of cynicism as i do with video games being adapted to film. i think the long form nature of a television show seems better suited to video game adaptations than a 2 hour movie where you have to truncate everything from characterization, to plot, to side characters, etc. Even a 6-8 episode adaptation of a video game would have the opportunity to really translate the elements of the game that would no doubt be cut from a film adaptation.

Like, I'd have preferred an Uncharted TV series (with each season going after a different ancient mystery/artifact), over a 2 hour movie. I mean, I hope the Uncharted movie is fun, but it doesn't fill me with as much optimism as what I'm getting from TLOU and the people behind it.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Incredible!!!

I suggested it to brother the other day and after seeing the first link to news on twitter actually thought its a spoof from Wario64 omg!

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I love the casting just because of his acting chops. But he was not on my personal shortlist.
I trust craig and neil tho. Great castings for ellie and joel, now on to the rest. I wonder if tommy will be latino as well?

loco

Jan 6, 2021
I was blown away he was in the Sharkboy and Lavagirl sequel when my kids had it on the other day.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so, I know not everybody loved the direction of the 2nd but it would be amazing to see more of this world ♡

To be honest I don't think Neil or Craig give a fuck of what those people think. I'm sure there will be changes due to the different medium (not to mention, any creator given a second chance will change things, from minor to big), but I think overall if Part 2 happens, it will be pretty similar to what we got.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I don't think Neil or Craig give a fuck of what those people think. I'm sure there will be changes due to the different medium (not to mention, any creator given a second chance will change things, from minor to big), but I think overall if Part 2 happens, it will be pretty similar to what we got.
Me too, I will admit initially I wasn't huge on the big choice but as time has gone on it makes so much sense. The game itself I feel wasn't as strong in pacing as the first but in series format holy cow is it going to amazing to see!

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Craig Mazin (HBO's Chernobyl) is writing and executive producing the series alongside Neil Druckmann. It's in good hands.
I honestly don't get why Mazin (whose track record pre-Chernobyl is dreadful) instills confidence in this project. The best he can do here is be in charge of the more suspenseful and horror aspects, going off Chernobyl.