• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
eQy3t7O.gif

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Tommy... keeping on the tradition of actors from game of thrones only one person can do it ;)

Jason_Momoa_Supercon_2014.jpg

My man!

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
y'all can't even begin to imagine how hyped (some of) us Chileans are right now.

We love him and we're glad he's fucking winning so much. He's probably the most loved dude in Chile right now, lmao.

And, god... I can't even imagine TLOU's intro or the end of Winter (if they're faithfully adapted) in live action, acted by Pedro... those scenes crushed me when I played the game, they have to do them justice.

Aguante Pedrito, así es la weá!

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
YESSSSSSS. Pascal will be a busy man between TLoU & The Mandalorian. Also, another GoT actor -- you better give me some Deadwood actors, too, HBO.

(I had to laugh that while I was wondering who they'd cast as Joel in the Ellie thread, I'd literally missed Joel being announced, lol.)

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I mean, it ain't Mahershala, but Pedro is another fantastic choice I'm thrilled with!

I love The Last of Us, and with Bella Ramsey as Ellie, and Pedro as Joel, I'm even more excited for this show than I already was. I haven't been following the show, so I'm not sure who the showrunners are, but TLOU is a world that is well suited for a television adaptation. Awesome news.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YESSSSSSS. Pascal will be a busy man between TLoU & The Mandalorian. Also, another GoT actor -- you better give me some Deadwood actors, too, HBO.

(I had to laugh that while I was wondering who they'd cast as Joel in the Ellie thread, I'd literally missed Joel being announced, lol.)

He barely needs to be on set for Mando, especially with the next book focusing on someone else.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
everything surrounding this show screams they ain't fucking around trying cash in on a video game IP. Amazing show runner and cast so far

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I love The Last of Us, and with Bella Ramsey as Ellie, and Pedro as Joel, I'm even more excited for this show than I already was. I haven't been following the show, so I'm not sure who the showrunners are, but TLOU is a world that is well suited for a television adaptation. Awesome news.

unless I'm mistaken, it's the guy who did Chernobyl for HBO (Craig Mazin)

Jan 4, 2018
Great choice. What's also really exciting is that there are so many other amazing characters yet to be cast: Tommy, Tess, Bill, Sam, Henry, David, Marlene, Maria, etc. Really looking forward to all of those.

Also, a small role, but Jerome Flynn has to be Robert, right? It even makes sense with continuing the GoT/HBO connection (and I just think he'd actually be a great fit for that character).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it ain't Mahershala, but Pedro is another fantastic choice I'm thrilled with!

Craig Mazin (HBO's Chernobyl) is writing and executive producing the series alongside Neil Druckmann. It's in good hands.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
fantastic casting! Not only looks like the character, but is a POC! a double fucking win & am extremely excited to see him in this role!
I'm not sure white-passing descendants of white-Europe count as POC, especially considering Spaniards take that term to have a much more specific meaning...

I could be wrong tho? I just remember that whole debacle with Antonio Banderas...

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a little sad the first rumour was off, but a really good actor who I'm sure will give Joel something different than just Troy's Joel, which I'm excited for. Joel not being a big beefcake will take a minute to get use to though.