• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
pedro-pascal2.jpg

I need it

Solid Snake and Joel. What a weird world we now live in.

Also, I was pumped for Mahershala. WTF happened. Loved Pascal, but I was immediately aboard the Ali hype train.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
GoT and TLoU2 spoilers
At least Pedro already knows what getting his head caved in is like. He'd be really good at that part when they get around to adapting TLoU2.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, can't wait for the first trailer to get an idea of how everything is coming together, whenever that may be.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Was a bit disappointed Mahershala Ali didn't get it but wow this is still a great choice.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
I love threads like these because I seriously could not pinpoint WHERE I've seen him before when he played in WW84. Damn near every comment about movies or shows he's been in previously has made me go "OH YEEEEEEAAAAAAH!"...

Even Mandalorian and Oberyn in GoT. I'm embarrassed lml...

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
From what I've seen of him, he seems almost too likable to play Joel. Not saying he can't pull it off but has he played a character like him before?

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda underwhelmed by this after the Mahershala Ali rumor now tbh. But he will do good.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow. Awesome casting choices thus far.

Oct 28, 2017
Other than Mandalorian + WW 1984 I haven't seen a lot from him. Not an exciting casting choice (would have liked something more out of the box) but happy to be proven wrong.

Edit forgot he was in Game of Thrones. My initial feeling still stands.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
From what I've seen of him, he seems almost too likable to play Joel. Not saying he can't pull it off but has he played a character like him before?

I mean IRL personality doesn't factor in that much. Jack Gleeson who played Joffery is apparently incredibly nice in real life and nothing like Joffery (which should be obvious).

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I just watched Prospect on Netflix and he is Joel like in that movie (in a way). He's a good guy but will do what is necessary to survive.

Which now that I say that.. I kind of want Wes Chatham to play Joel now....

Oct 27, 2017

Pedro playing a gray character should be no problem. He can play who he needs to, and how he needs to, I feel with little issues. Watch Narcos, Triple Frontier, Kingsman 2, amongst other roles, to see.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap man!!! That's amazing, I just saw who's playing Ellie, what a selection. I'm already hyped.