• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone tried this and if so how peanut buttery is it? As someone who dislikes most alcohol but likes PB I need to know.

kkqB7ZQ.png

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
You can taste the peanut butter. Though it's not in my normal rotation of whiskeys. I brought that out when i would have friends over on a saturday.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
I can't drink whiskey/bourbon but this stuff literally tastes like PB for me. We have a bottle on hand for shots. I'm not sure if it'd be something you'd want to drink a whole glass of.

Oct 26, 2017
There's a local distillery that sells a peanut butter whiskey, except the bottle refers to it as an "Imitation Peanut Butter" whiskey, which put me off of it. So, I'm glad to hear these impressions, cause they might make me buy a bottle of their peanut butter whiskey.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's delicious. Nice peanut butter taste and easy to drink straight. If you are on the fence try a mini bottle.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My buddies dig it, but 8 of them have had covid in the last several weeks, so I don't see them until it's over. Can't wait to try it. But I will.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
I like either on its own, but a shot of this (because I've never seen a case where someone would actually sip it) momentarily kills me and then fills me with a sense of longing and regret.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried this and if so how peanut buttery is it? As someone who dislikes most alcohol but likes PB I need to know.

kkqB7ZQ.png
As others have said not as bad as one would imagine. I don't generally care for scotch or whiskey but my old restaurant served this so I've had it a fair few times and enjoyed it. We did a little play on a nuts and berries cocktail. I don't remember exactly what we used (half and half and chambord probably.) Maybe we used the Frangelico too I don't know. Anyway, it's a good drink and works quite well in dessert cocktails. It's not something I'd drink a lot of though. It's too rich for that

Also, I've had several other peanut butter whiskeys and they were all terrible in my opinion. This one is head and shoulders above the rest

nexes

Mar 16, 2018
Seattle, WA
I'm a whiskey person and was skeptical. I wouldn't drink it straight (or at least, not when I want whiskey), but my partner has made some pretty great cocktails using it. Like an old fashioned, Manhattan, etc. Get yourself some chocolate bitters. Smooth and desert-y. I'd highly recommend.

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a big drinker by any means, but I got a bottle of this for Christmas a few years ago. I really like it. Very good with some cranberry juice.

It was bought for me because I really like peanut butter and it didn't disappoint.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Screwball is great to sip on its on as a change up and with a mixer of milk (I use vanilla almond milk) it tastes a lot like a white russian for some reason. Very refreshing

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I actually prefer Sheepdog Peanut Butter Whiskey. Screwball is fine but it actually to me tasted too much like Peanut Butter, a bit too syrupy? Sheep Dog to me has great Peanut Butter flavor but still can taste that it's a whisky and it doesn't taste overly fake and like syrup which to me was problem with Screwball.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Haha order d a bottle from instacart (along with a 1.5 liter of crown royal) and had it here within 35 minutes of reading this thread.

nice sipping while sitting in the hot tub

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've had PB whiskey before, it wasn't very good on its own but was tasty in a dessert drink. I have not tried screwballs version .

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
I like it. I use that + black walnut bitters to make a pretty tasty PB old fashioned

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I like it. I have tried PB&W one and didn't care for it. Now I need to try Bird Dog and the Squirrel one.

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
It's not terrible but is basically not whiskey. It's a liqueur. Too sweet for me.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I also enjoy cinnamon flavor whiskeys as well. Heck I enjoy flavored whiskeys. I tried Ole Smoky apple pie and that one was god awful.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Screwball tastes like liquid Reese's Pieces. It's super sweet and better in small amounts IMO. Definitely worth trying and mixing though.

Less sweet options that taste more like actual PB (SQRRL in particular) would be -

13376461504542.png

581857.jpg

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
I can see it being good for mixing because the PB taste is actually good but under no circumstance would I drink more than a sip by itself

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Someone got it for me and when I first read the label I was like "ugh...". But I like it. It's closer to hazelnut for me, but it's an easy sip on the rocks. I get it frequently especially since Costco carries it.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a bottle of SQRRL on account of this thread. That stuff is smooth.