• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

So what do you ask of Alan?

• Intellect

Votes: 558 62.7%
  • Body

Votes: 403 45.3%

• Total voters

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
A Geni, let's call him Alan, comes to you after you are cleaning your aunts old oil lamp.

He ask you:

"Chose, either you will have a peak body (according to you) and physical condition, without the need to perform actual physical training and never care what you eat. Or you can have peak intellect (also according to you), where you never have to be afraid of brain diseases such as Alzheimer's and brain tumours and your intellectual capacity is at the highest level of mankind".

After the wish, Alan leaves.

EDIT: I would take body... never have to stress over training or eating... would be God send. And I am on a fine level of intellect imo.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im in perfect shape already

6eUCxcFL5nuAmipJV_RPws3WnyjX5i2JaHC1qT0jwocjQa1gPKA0CAtH4lnkSTNGXxbiCMswURavIJEailg6pI3rgl1TX9OecGYGICc5pg

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Am I able to exercise and stay fit if I pick intellect? Or am I relegated to a wheelchair or something? Intellect all the way

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I love eating healthy and training, so i've already got the healthy body thing covered. i'll choose intellect.

Maybe at peak intellect, you'll be smart and creative enough to invent things like some kind micro nano machines in your body to keep it permanently healthy, or modify your Dna to not age.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
yeah like give me a perfect body, I'm already reasonably smart and people will judge me as being smarter and more capable if I'm even hotter because of the Halo effect. You can be a genius but if you're an overweight slob people won't believe it until you prove it. You don't even need to prove it as a peak body/physical person because people will be hot for you.

Oct 25, 2017
Theoretically I could do more good with perfect intellect, but given that I waste so much time stressing over my body I'd be tempted to go that way. I struggle keeping my body in check much more than I do with learning, understanding, and solving problems. Plus there's the whole thing about extremely high intelligence tending to correlate with social alienation and inexplicable behaviours.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be worried peak intelligence would turn me into lawnmower man or Ultron, trying to better the world with inhuman (or evil) logic.

PRed

Jan 7, 2018
everyone responding in the thread: body

everyone in the poll: intellect

This is suspicious.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
it would be super frustrating to be way smarter than everyone else

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I went with body. Id believe peak health would be more beneficial for life longevity than peak intellect.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Intellect
Since you said brain tumor and Alzheimer's.

Also with intellect I can see how to better maximize my body healthy wise and exercise

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
i'm 45 and jobless. what good is having an olympian body at this point? at least with peak intelligence i can get a job and make a difference in the world.

And a shitload of money too. Also i can work out and get a decent body. you can't work out your brain in the same way.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
If it makes you as smart as it claims, then you'll easily figure out how to give yourself a peak body with the least amount of work.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I go with peak intellect. Have grandparents suffering from dementia. Yeah, definitely don't want.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I just wonder why you would call a geni Alan. Like, was the op meant to be a bigger story than it is or something, since you could have said "after the wish, the geni leaves". But opening with " A Geni, let's call him Alan, comes to you after you are cleaning your aunts old oil lamp" hints at a bigger story. Like, why would your aunt have a lamp like this? She is clearly not telling you everything if she is still alive. There is a story here, maybe even a franchise.

Seriously, there are so many questions I have OP.

Typing all this bullshit though, I should probably go for intellect.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
With peak intellect you get a high paying job.

But with peak body you get that and actually stand a chance of getting promoted at some point.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chose peak intellect.
You can "easily" train/exercise your body to a very high level. You cannot easily train a brain in the same way.

Also, obtaining a peak body will mostly only benefit yourself (and I personally don't care about it, I'm used to being ugly and weak). With peak intellect you will bring benefits to the entire humankind: imagine finding cures for diseases, cancer, whatever. Proposing technological advances that would otherwise take centuries if not more. Find solutions to unsolved problems.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Only one of those will help me get through this program.

But ask me in a year and I would definitely go for peak body.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Give me peak body. I'm already in shape but being in peak form/health for the rest of my life without work would be awesome. I'm good enough on intellect.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
100% intellect. If I'm the most intelligent, I'd use all that dosh I could earn to build a home gym, hire a personal trainer, and attain peak body on my own. I'd have both by the end. Easy.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Chose peak intellect.
You can "easily" train/exercise your body to a very high level.
Last January I started a bodyweight work out routine and I also started studying French here and there. I've been crazy undisciplined, and still I can read / watch content in French (I need French captions though) with some success while I still struggle massively with push ups, lol.

Some of us suck at working out :( Plus it takes way more time and money than learning a valuable skill. Learning a language is more knowledge than intellect I guess, but still.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Peak body with average intellect will get you much much more in modern society than a dumpy body with smarts.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i'm 45 and jobless. what good is having an olympian body at this point? at least with peak intelligence i can get a job and make a difference in the world.

And a shitload of money too. Also i can work out and get a decent body. you can't work out your brain in the same way.
You can do this with a peak body too, just sell pictures of your feet on the internet.

Oct 25, 2017
Intellect gets me on the path to being rich, if I'm rich I can afford a killer trainer, afford the healthy lifestyle, and earn a "peak body" while enjoying all life has to offer, and potentially serve mankind with said intellect.

Intellect, easy.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
Picked intellect solely on the basis of avoiding conditions such as Alzheimer's, but I'd hate it in truth. To be operating at the highest intellectual level of humanity and still be completely impotent in the face of the sub-normal morons who actually rule over us and their ongoing ruination of society would feel like even more of a curse than it does with my regular, bog-standard brain.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Wouldn't peak intellect come with peak body eventually?, if you have the perfect brain you'd know exactly when and how to exercise perfectly.